CHAPTER 2

Unexpected

Luckily, for both of them, two weeks after that first meeting, they met again on board on a flight from New York to Japan. Kai asked for her number. They went out on dates as much as possible. Haebin was always flying in and out the country, naturally, since she was a flight attendant. Being the operations manager for Apple, Kai, on the other hand, flew out and about the country for business meetings. They understood each other, especially in terms of schedule. They were seeing each other for three months; they were officially together for a year. And on the day of their anniversary, Kai popped the big question. Haebin knew she found her perfect match, why bother letting him go? So she said yes.

 

It’s nice, you know, being there for a friend during the happiest moments of her life. But, sometimes, you feel a bit envious of what she has…

 

After a couple of days, she called again.

 

“Hey, ______!” Haebinsaid, sounding too chipper.

“Hey, Haebin. How’re things looking up?” I asked.

“Pretty good, actually. I’m done with all the arrangements. You’ll be flying out from America, to Seoul tomorrow at 8am. Then I’ll meet you there. Road trip to Seoul, then we’ll stay at the Sofitel. You cool with that?”

“Of course. I’m cool with anything. We could stay in a shack for all I care.”

“Are you sure one month is enough for all the preparations?”

“Haebin-ah, come on, don’t you know who you’re talking to? I could actually whip up a wedding in a week. Haha. Trust me. I can do this.”

“If you say so… Hahaha. I have complete faith in you.”

“Good. So, see you tomorrow?”

“Yep. Do you remember Yoona? From last summer. She has your ticket. She’ll meet you at the airport entrance at exactly 8am okay? Good Night. Sleep Well. Bye.”

“Yep. I still do. Bye.” Then I hung up.

 

I wonder what it feels though… Finding the right person for you. I wish I knew…

So, the next day. I met up with Yoona to claim my airplane ticket.

 

*Hmm… Business Class… Cool.* I thought as I boarded the plane. *E17… E18… E19… Bingo. E20!* Then I sat down.

 

There was still an empty seat next to me. I guess I’ll be having a new friend… unless he or she is the snobby, business-minded type of person… A couple of minutes passed, a guy in casual wear sat next to me. Looks decent enough…

 


A/N: WOW! GOMAWO SUBBIES! ♥ PLEASE COMMENT! ^^ Thanks.