Thirteen

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ǁ T - THIRTEEN ǁ

 

Yuri stared at a paper on his hand, then preceed his stare to the Seine river outside the window. He sighed and looked back at the phone number listed in the paper he was holding on. Finally, he took out his phone from his pocket and decided to call the number.



His heart was pounding, waited for a connection. Then...



"Allo...?" Yuri could be heard someone's voice accros the line. A man with a low and husky voice. For a moment, he couldn't speak. Nervous. He realized he couldn't back out. Now. Or. Never!!!



"Allo...?"



This time Yuri summoned all of his strength and courage, then answered. "Bon soir. Are you Monsieur Jean-Daniel Lemercier?” The name was pronounced with a big effort.



The scene was silent for a moment, then. "Yes. It's me." said a man on the line.



"Good evening, Monsieur." Yuri repeated. "I'm sorry to bother you right now, but I hope we can meet and talk each other later."



That man asked, suspiciously. "Excuse me, but What do you want to talk about? And with whom am I speaking?"



Yuri breath in. "It's all about Tae Hee, Kwon." he said slowly.



"Tae Hee, Kwon...?" that man repeated, as if that name did not evoke his memories.



"Perhaps, you would known her as Tae Hee, Kim." Yuri added quickly. Inside his heart, he just wondered. Is Jean-Daniel Lemercier still remember? Didn't he remember about a girl he met in Japan thirty years ago? Is he still remember about what just happend at that time...?



"Tae Hee...?" his tone changed. "You mean, Tae Hee, Kim?"



Yuri didn't answer it. He looked down and closed his eyes. That man still remembered it. Apparently he was....



"Wait a moment. Can you just tell me what is your relationship with Tae Hee? Who is this?"



Yuri hardly breath in. "My name is Kwon Yuri. Kim Tae Hee is my mother." said Yuri. "And I hope I can meet you, Monsieur. There's something I want to talk to you. Tomorrow? at lunch time? Alright, I'll come."

 

♦♦♦

 

Taeyeon drank a glass of water and glanced at his watch. Sica had already late for about 23 minutes, but Taeyeon wasn't really surprised. He did not expect her to show up on time, because it was tantamount to hoping snows to fall in July. Taeyeon invited Sica today for a lunch to make up their lunch off a few days ago. Taeyeon was getting ready to face the upset Jung Jessica.



The bistro small door opened and Taeyeon raised his face. Sica entered and looked around the whole room, Taeyeon raised his right hand to attract her attention. That girl saw him and immediately smiled. Oh, she seems not mad at all.

 

"Bonjour...?" greeted Sica cheerfuly. "I am sorry I am late."



"I am used to wait for you, Jess." teased

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter