13

Don't Say Goodbye

Yoseob gave a small smile and he titled his head to the side “Who are you?” before she can answer him Junhyung came in and pulled her behind him protectively. “She’s my…” Ji Eun bowed politely and cut him off “I’m his domestic helper.” The other members stood at the doorway and bowed back to her with confused expressions.

Nervous at the presence of a group of strangers, Ji Eun unconsciously gripped Junhyung’s hands while sending unsure looks to him. Ignoring s, he bend down to Ji Eun and smiled “Relax, they are my friends.” She managed a tiny nod before following him back to the living room, their hands still linked together. As soon as they have sat down, Doo Joon questioned Junhyung with a stern expression “She’s not just your domestic helper is she? What about Hara?” clasping his hands together, Junhyung met his gaze and answered calmly. “We broke up.”

Hyun Seung gestured towards Ji Eun “This is the first time I have seen you housing your domestic helper. Doesn’t she have anywhere else to go?” Junhyung nodded in response, and spoke gently to Ji Eun “You go up to your room first. We have to discuss about something.” The members stared at the unfamiliar behaviour of Junhyung as he looked at Ji Eun with an affectionate expression, his eyes tender and warm. They could also see that Ji Eun trust him completely, going up to her room as he told her to. The door was closed with a soft click and all of the BEAST members stare at Junhyung in confusion.

“Yah Yong Jun Hyung, you don’t even let us live here and yet you are taking in a complete stranger?!” Do Joon spoke up, disbelief evident in his voice. Junhyung looked down at his hands, a blush rising up in his cheeks.

“I can’t bear the thought of her sleeping on the streets. The first time I met her; she was full of injuries and collapsed on my doorstep. Since that day, I had fallen for her.”

The room was silent after he said that, but he went on, telling them about everything Ji Eun had gone through, trying to prove that she is not just any stranger. Yoseob patted his shoulder with a worried expression. “Junhyung, what you felt for her might not be love. What if its pity?” Ji Eun was listening to the conversation and she felt her heart sinking at those words. She closed her eyes and sighed. That must be it. He must pity me. The thought makes her relieved yet upset at the same time. She was relieved because he would stop everything when he realised the truth. It hurts to think of that, but she was just a stranger, didn’t she said that herself?

Standing up with a confident expression, Junhyung looked at all the concerned faces “I’m not. I broke up with Hara because I have understood what my heart wants. I like Ji Eun. Ji Eun, you can come out now.”

She jumped as he stared directly at her and she walked down hesitantly. “If you are sure about it, I guess theres nothing we can do to stop you.” Gi Kwang stretched his arms, yawning as he did so. “Does Ji Eun ssi feel the same for you?” Dong Woon asked curiously, only to earn a light hit on the head by Doo Joon. Ji Eun felt her cheeks getting red at the question while Hyun Seung changed the subject “So…is she going to stay here permanently?”

Ji Eun fiddled with her fingers as she answered timidly “Yes. I will find a house to move into as soon as possible.” She continues despite Junhyung shaking his head slightly in disapproval. “Where else can you go? With no friends and relatives, you will only be out wandering the streets.” For the first time since she had met the other members, she stares back defiantly at him, a frown on her face. “I cannot always depend on you can I? I can be a housekeeper!” Junhyung got up and opens his mouth to argue when Yoseob steps in between the two of them “Hey you guys, cut it out! We can think of a solution together.”

Both turn to him and sighs, sitting down on opposite ends of the sofa. Various suggestions were given, but all were rejected by Junhyung, who comes out with excuses that were ridiculous to everyone, including himself. “Yong Junhyung stopped being so possessive!” Do Joon burst out as yet another suggestion was rejected by him. “Let her decide for herself will you? She’s not your daughter!” At the statement Junhyung turns away and looks down at the ground, just like a kid who was scolded by their parents. “I just don’t want her out of my sight.” He mumbled sulkily. “I think I will stay here for now.” Ji Eun piped up with a weak smile.