Chapter 20

Secret

 

Chapter 20

That day, the sun didn’t show its light because the dark cloud covered it. The lightning roared violently as the bird flew from the trees, hiding inside their nest.

“Um…” Junsu woke up because the angry sound of the lightning as he slowly rubbed his eyes. It surprised him when he discovered Yoochun’s face was right above him; he was sleeping comfortably inside Yoochun’s embrace. Then he remembered everything that happened last night, Junsu couldn’t help but to blush madly, he even could feel both of them still .

Still bushing, Junsu could feel Yoochun swapped his position. They ended up in a strange position, which Junsu thought definitely awkward and embarrassing. Slowly, Junsu moved. Then, sudden cold breeze flew upon them, causing Yoochun to open his eyes.

“Hm…Morning, Su,” Yoochun spoke as he looked at Junsu, who’s turned pink. Playfully, Yoochun gave Junsu a good morning kiss.

“Yaaa~ Chunnie,” Junsu whined, he could feel Yoochun tightened the embrace, he tried to change the topic because he’s pretty sure what would happen next if he hadn’t, “Um, did you leave the window open last night? It’s cold, Chunnie ah…”

“Eh? I was sure I already closed it,” Yoochun spoke as both of them looked at the window. The glass door that supposed to be closed was left opened. Then, the lightning roared once again, leaving a terrible bloody view for both of them.

“Kibum hyung!!!” Junsu shouted as he barely covered his body with the fabric as he shook Kibum’s lifeless body, which laid right on the floor, next to the window.

“Kibum…?” Yoochun didn’t have any idea why Kibum ended up there, but he decided to move closer and examined the wound on Kibum’s back; the light pink shirt was stained by red mark.

“Yoochun, call a doctor!” Junsu spoke as Yoochun nodded and he got into his cloth barely and called his private doctor. It’d take few minutes before the doctor reached there.

“Su, wear something, you might catch cold,” Yoochun reminded after they took Kibum to Junsu’s room and laid him on the bed (Yoochun’s room was in mess because the activity they did last night).

Junsu nodded as he got into his cloth, then both of them waited there, next to the lifeless Kibum. Junsu tried to use the towel to clean the wound as for Yoochun he tried his best to stop the bleeding.

Finally, the doctor arrived and gave Kibum the treatment. Junsu could only held Yoochun’s palm tightly, he was so afraid.

“Don’t worry, the wound isn’t infected,” the doctor spoke,” But it will take time to heal, I’ll give him some medication…”

“Thanks a lot,” Yoochun spoke as he took the medication from the doctor. Meanwhile, Junsu sat next to the unconscious Kibum. After that, the doctor left.

“I’ll call headquarter and tell them about this…” Yoochun spoke as Junsu nodded, but then something hit Junsu. No, they shouldn’t report this or Kibum’s identity as spy could be exposed.

“Chunnie, don’t make the call,” Junsu demanded,” Let’s just wait for Kibum hyung to wake up…”

Yoochun could see that Junsu was serious. That’s why he didn’t make the call, but he didn’t like the fact Junsu hid something from him.

“What’s going on, Su?” Yoochun spoke,” I thought…there are no more secrets between us…”

“I’m sorry…I wish I could tell you sooner, but…” Junsu didn’t know how to explain, he was completely forgot to tell Yoochun because he’s too happy that he could be a couple again with him.

“It’s OK…I’ll wait…”

---

He opened his eyes as he saw the light that pierced his sight. He could see blurry, two faces he knew. It took quite a time before he realized where he was.

“Are you OK?” one of them asked.

“I’m…OK,” he could barely spoke, yet, he tried to get up.

“You shouldn---“

The instant pain made him fell back to the bed as he cried in pain. He had experienced worse, but last night torture was the worst one he ever had.

“Kibum hyung?” Junsu’s voice reached his ears. He grinned in pain as he barely nodded, telling him he was fine.

“Junsu…” Kibum managed to utter his words,” Changmin…they got him…they…”

“Who got him?” Yoochun asked. He knew exactly who Changmin referred to. He got his lesson from Junsu about everything few moments ago.

“Black Pearl, isn’t?” Junsu asked as Kibum nodded.

“Please…I beg you…Save him…” tears started to crawl from Kibum’s eyes as he remembered what happened last night. Kangdae’s men stormed into their place. Kibum and Changmin were outnumbered of course.

[FLASHBACK]

“Changmin ah, what do you want for dinner?” Kibum asked as he prepared the kitchen. Usually, he would get straight answer; Changmin loved food after all but not this time. Curious, Kibum got out from the kitchen just to discover Changmin laid on the floor, bleeding badly.

“Changmin ah!!!” Kibum was distracted as he could feel hard things hit his head and he lost his consciousness.

---

“Ki…bum ah…” a voice called his name. His body was left weak; he could barely open his eyes.

“Listen…No matter what, just run, OK?” the voice said.

Kibum finally recognized the voice, he opened his eyes widely, just to find himself and Changmin tied in some kind of abandoned house. Both of them were apart by few meters and bleeding. The evident whipping mark was right on their back.

“Changmin,” Kibum called,” What…are you planning?”

“Just trust me…” Changmin smiled.

Then, Changmin somehow got his robe loosed and free himself. He set Kibum free too as both of them tried to run away. It didn’t last much until Kangdae’s men found out they’re running. Bunch of them were chasing them.

There was a point that they knew they wouldn’t make it, but Changmin got an idea. He told Kibum to run and split up, that way they would escape. Kibum followed the plan but he didn’t know that Changmin used himself as the bait.

Kibum made it out…barely, but Changmin didn’t.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

After telling them the events, Kibum caught his breath. He cursed silently for being this weak.

“The reason why they attacked you and Changmin…Don’t tell me it was because---“ Yoochun’s deduction started to work.

“Yes,” Kibum nodded,” They knew we were going to betray them. They knew we met Junsu.”

“WHAT?” Junsu couldn’t believe it. He blamed himself for everything that happened to Changmin and Kibum, Yoochun could clearly see that.

“Where’s he taking him?” Yoochun asked.

“I don’t know….Probably our main headquarter,” Kibum said, “But it just got moved few years ago and we never knew where it is…”

“Wait, I’m quite sure they will not do anything that brings danger to Changmin hyung’s life, because…” Junsu spoke,” They need him to get the data…from me…”

“Do you know where the data is?” Kibum asked.

Junsu shook his head. He looked disappointed and so worried as Yoochun finally decided to step in and definitely clear the mess before reporting everything to national security headquarter (he still thought it’d be better to report the case, but he wouldn’t do that without Junsu’s approval).

“Then, we better find the damn data…” Yoochun spoke.

---

He spited his own blood as he wondered how he could survive till this very moment. He was broken and crushed, yet, he was living. He tried to open his eyes and look around, he was nowhere, it was just…dark…

Sudden light blinded his sight. He could barely see the figure, but he was sure. It was Kangdae, his step-father. That’s when the words that were spoken by the man that tortured him replayed in Changmin’s mind.

“You don’t have a clue! Don’t you think our leader adores you the most because he’s your step-father! You are not worth anything to him! You’re just a kid, who is blind and followed the one who killed your own parents!”

Changmin wondered, how he could so blind all the time. He never thought that Kangdae was the one who killed his parents. Not once that crossed his mind, he trusted him without a doubt. Yes, he was too naïve.

---

“Aaaaa!!!” Junsu shouted in depression.

“What’s wrong?” Yoochun immediately rushed into Junsu’s side, they were in Junho’s old office.

“I can’t remember anything!!!” Junsu spoke as his eyes started to get teary,” Why am I this stupid?!”

“Junsu, calm down,” Yoochun hugged Junsu as he tried to get Junsu’s focus,” It’s OK; we’re going to find the data…”

“But…how?” Junsu stopped as he looked at Yoochun’s eyes, asking for an answer.

“When you’re thinking too far, you won’t find it. That is why you should try to calm yourself and think clearly,” Yoochun said. Junsu nodded as he clear his mind.

The data, where could it be? He thought.

It must be something Junho gave him…Because the entire enemy told him so…

That’s when something hit him