Chapter 24

Secret

 

Chapter 24

The room was dark, only a projector light shone on the white-surfaced board. Two old men were in the center of the huge round meeting desk. They’re changing their big suitcases as they shook hand. The deal was finally almost finished and both of them couldn’t help but to grin.

“I’m looking forward to do more business with you, Kangdae-sshi,” one of the old men spoke as Kangdae slightly grinned. The old man told his people to move as he headed to the door. Just when he was about to open it, someone opened it from the other side and threw a tear gas and smoke gas.

“Kill the intruder!!!” the old man instructed as his eyes were wet because the painful gas; he pushed one of his men forward just only to get electrocuted.

“Yoochun, now!!!” Junsu gave the signal as he kicked away the man he electrocuted with his tools, along with Kangdae’s business partner. Both fell unconscious on the floor.

Yoochun marched in as he shot two of the bad guys and knocked them out; he didn’t kill them though. His eyes searched for Kangdae behind a special spectacle he wore; he and Junsu wore it before they stormed the room.

“Damn you!” it was Kangdae’s voice and Yoochun immediately turned back to spot the old man. He was pointing his gun to Junsu.

“JUNSU!!!” Yoochun shouted as he rushed but he couldn’t move much, thanks to Kangdae’s men that pulled him. He kicked them on the and took their gun away, and then he pointed it to Kangdae’s direction.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Yoochun pulled the trigger but he only shot the wall. He spotted Junsu on the floor as he rushed to his boyfriend’s side. Junsu was frozen; they’re the only one conscious there and Kangdae was nowhere to be found.

“Junsu! Are you okay?!” Yoochun was dead worried as Junsu didn’t answer. A slight nod came from Junsu after a few second. Yoochun took a deep breath as he spotted tore wallpaper and there’s a secret passage. Kangdae had to use this as emergency escape.

“Get hold of yourself, come on. We need to catch him---“ Yoochun got up and pulled Junsu but he was pulled down as Junsu was still frozen,” Kim Junsu!”

“No! Listen to me Park Yoochun!” sudden outburst of Junsu shocked the hell of Yoochun,” We need to let him go…Yes, we must let him go!”

“What in the world---“

“Junho hyung is ALIVE! He said he would return my hyungie if we let him go like this…He won’t chase us anymore for the data too---“ Junsu couldn’t finish his sentence as he felt hot burnt on his cheek. Yoochun slapped him hard and he was too shocked to respond.

“Junsu, listen. Junho is dead, I saw his corpse and it’s him. You know he’s not here anymore. Don’t let that scum get into you head!” Yoochun spoke into Junsu’s eyes as the younger one broke down. He knew it’s lie but he really hoped it’s the truth. Yoochun sighed as he embraced Junsu tightly.

They really needed to act fast if they wanted to catch up with Kangdae. Just when things couldn’t get even worse, the door smacked open with brutal force as Yoochun and Junsu broke apart from their hug and pointed their gun to the door.

“WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!”

“…Changmin hyung?” Junsu was the first one to recognized the face in the darkness. Yoochun reflected as he pointed to the secret passage. Changmin stormed inside without waiting for Jaejoong, who’s actually behind him and catching his breath.

“He’s demon when he’s mad…”

Yoochun could only give sympathetic stare to Jaejoong as he followed Changmin. Junsu followed Yoochun and Jaejoong took the back guard. The passage was dark, slippery, and a bit small. They couldn’t see much.

“We’re in the mall pipeline,” Changmin pointed out the fact as some pipes were indeed around them.

“Look,” Junsu whispered as he pointed to a blood spot,” He…he’s wounded!”

Yoochun thought his shots were missed but maybe one of the bullets bounced to Kangdae before the old man escaped. He was just relieved the old man decided to not shoot Junsu but played with Junsu’s innocent mind. Well, maybe not that innocent.

Suddenly, Jaejoong pulled Junsu behind as the younger one almost stepped on a bomb. The rest was shocked but they knew it had to be Kangdae who put it. They needed to be very careful or else they would blow up into ashes.

They kept going a long hallway full of pipes and hot air as they could see the people in the mall behind those barred small window which located on the ceiling. They knew if they made mistake and step on the bombs, they wouldn’t be the only victim; the innocent people beneath them would hurt too.

“Wait,” Changmin suddenly stopped as he looked below, found something like a wire and followed it to the back, and then cursed,” !”

“What’s wrong?” Junsu automatically asked.

“Holy shi---“ Yoochun was shut as Jaejoong put his palm on his mouth and maintained Yoochun’s position. Yoochun actually stepped on a bomb but unlike the rest. It was hidden so well and it would only explode if Yoochun step off the bomb, meaning we would have to stay there. He couldn’t move forward anymore.

“Chunnie,” Junsu was dead worried; he was so scared,” Nooo, what should I do?”

“Both of you get the hell forward,” Changmin declared to Junsu and Jaejoong,” I’ll stay here and try to stop this cursed bomb.”

“But---“ Junsu wanted to protest but Jaejoong knew it was the best and that’s why he pulled Junsu forward.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I’ll catch up later,” Yoochun reassured; he knew every second they missed would make Kangdae farther than them,” Junsu, please be safe. I love you.”

Junsu didn’t have any choice as he slowly disappeared with Jaejoong. The dark tunnel made them invisible. Yoochun sighed as he looked down and discovered Changmin leaning on the wall, instead turning off the bomb on his legs.

“Changmin, didn’t you say---“

“I can’t undo a bomb, at least not this bomb. It’s designed to explode at all cost,” Changmin confessed as he looked down and put his hands on his stomach,” I only stop because I will be a burden if I move forward.”

“Changmin ah!” Yoochun was surprised when Changmin spitted out some blood, yet, he couldn’t move or the bomb would kill them. Changmin was panting hard; he had reached his limit, he could feel some of his wound got wet again. He’s bleeding.

“I’m pathetic, aren’t I? I’m coming here to revenge for Kibum but I can’t do a damn thing…” Changmin spoke between his cough as Yoochun could only looked at him.

“No…you’re not the only one being pathetic here. I’m an idiot to step on a bomb so I can’t move and protect Junsu...” Yoochun’s feeling wasn’t that different.

Both of them didn’t say anything more as they stayed silent for a few minutes. Yoochun was sweating; he had called for Yunho of course, but the bomb squad would need some time before they arrived; at least fifteen minutes and it didn’t help.

Yunho told them they had begun to evacuate the people in the mall secretly; they knew if they did it boldly, Kangdae would do something bad. The people were his hostage after all.

Then suddenly shooting noises could be heard far forward and Yoochun’s heart almost fell out from his chest. He knew it’s Junsu and Jaejoong; they had finally caught up with Kangdae and maybe some of his men. Damn, Yoochun wanted to rush there and made sure his baby boyfriend was fine.

Yoochun cursed as he spotted Changmin was half awake; he knew Changmin needed medical aid but hell, it wouldn’t arrive any sooner than the bomb squad.

“Hang in there,” Yoochun finally spoke with his legs still froze. Changmin just smile at him as he felt his breath felt heavier. He touched the wet surface beneath him and spotted red mark; it’s blood. Then something hit him.

“Temperature!!!” Changmin suddenly spoke in hoarse voice,” Damn it, why didn’t think about it…”

“What---Wait, the bomb will explode---“ Yoochun closed his eyes as Changmin pushed his legs away. Yoochun didn’t feel any pain or hot air. He opened his eyes and spotted Changmin laying on the bomb spot.

“I didn’t think about this, maybe because I was so angry to think straight or..whatever…” Changmin spoke,” Go…protect your Junsu…”

“Okay, don’t move, Jung’s bomb squad will be here soon,” Yoochun spoke.

Yoochun didn’t really get what happened but he thanked Changmin as he rushed forward to the shooting noise direction. Changmin looked at Yoochun’s figure as it disappeared; leaving him alone in the dark tunnel with a machine that would kill him anytime.

It’s simple; temperature. The bomb reacted to temperature and would explode if there’s a sudden change of temperature or it got below 15 Celsius degree. Yoochun’s leg conducted warmness to his shoes and then to the bomb, it’s of course lower than normal human’s body temperature but Changmin knew it would fit his body temperature; it’s because he lost much blood and he was feeling cold. It wouldn’t make any huge different with the temperature of Yoochun’s shoes; he knew it.

It’s good news but also bad news. He could make the possibility to catch Kangdae higher but he could die any second now. He felt terribly weak and he wanted his Kibum so badly. He missed him; he missed his talk, his smile, his touch, his silliness, his everything.

“Bumie…” Changmin mumbled the name. He somehow managed to look outside and spotted there’s no longer people beneath him. Yunho had to evacuate the people on the floor below him. At least no one would get hurt if the bomb exploded.

He knew it would explode, if he died. His body would become cold and the bomb would explode. Tears slipped from his eyes before he closed them.

He didn’t hope to survive, he wasn’t sure he deserved to be saved after all the bad things he had done in the past. All he wanted was to make Kibum happy; he wished Kibum happiness from the bottom of his heart.

Smiling for the last time before he lost his consciousness, he mumbled the name once again,” Kibum…I’m sorry…I love you…”