Heal

Save Me

Lay’s POV

She tells me that I should go inside since the warning bell chimes.

I look over at her and she simply pushes me softly her eyes holding a new life glow inside them.

I’m sitting inside when the last bell rings telling us to get back into class.

Our teacher is always late so people slowly slip into class yet I still don’t’ see her.

When the teacher comes in and takes attendance I simply stay in my seat and listen to him until I hear him ask for Mei’s name. I look at him shocked standing up in my seat and I see that she really didn’t come back in yet. I run out of the classroom ignoring the teacher yelling at me.

In my head, I’m cursing myself. I curse feeling this weak. Out everything, I forget about today it has to be her.

I've been running around the school for a bit when the teacher told me that Mei hasn't returned to class yet and that I should go look for her.

I sigh looking around the school grounds and see the school gardens gate is open. I almost slap myself on the head.

"Of course the garden she always said that flowers always made everything better and that’s where I left her. I’m such an idiot."

I run to the pond to see that’s she’s not sitting there or even laying there. I stand up and try to remember where they had moved her favorite flower.

I sigh and decide that I’ll just take the path and hope to find her.

I keep running around until I see a person lying in the middle of the path farther up near where the hill begins. I reach the body to see that it’s her. She is laying there with blood coming out of . I pull a tissue out of my pocket and wipe the blood off her face and hands. I sigh and place my hand on her head.

I close my eyes, "If only there was a way for me to help you."

I open my eye to see that my hand is glowing and her breathing and pulse is going back to normal.

“It’s working... It’s really working.”

My hands stops glowing and I wince. I close them again and focus more on helping her. I feel my hands start glowing again.

Her breathing starts becoming normal again and less shallow.

Her heart rate picks up pace until it reaches a normal teenagers heart rate.

Her face becomes less pale and her cheeks have natural pink shading to them.

I smile when slowly I see her eyebrows start twitching. I place my hand on her cheek and smile down at her. I watch her eyes open and to see them staring up at me and into my eyes.

“What happened?”

“I healed you,” I tell her.

She looks at me and snorts, “Yeah right. That is impossible Yixing. I told you that when we were kids. To heal someone the way you say is only in fairy tales. It’s not real.”

I look around to find a dead flower. I pick it up and show her it.

I hand it to her, “Hold this well I show you so you know it’s no trick.”

She nods her head and looks down at the flower.

“You saw me pick it off the ground perfectly dead now watch.”

I flex my fingers a little bit and slowly the flower is brought back to life and looks vibrant and beautiful.

She looks at it surprised as she moves the flower around studying it.

“You don’t believe me. Out of everyone that I know in my entire life, you should be the first person to believe me. You should know that I’d never lie like you thought I did. You believe in fairy tales at least you use to.”

She nods her head looking down at the flower, “I know but you know why I stopped believing in them Lay.”

The way she said my name and spoke to me made my hair stand on end.

“The reason I had you stop doing magic tricks and the reason why I stopped believing in such childish nonsense.”

I nod my head not that she would have seen me do so.

I remember her running all the way to my house in the thunderstorm and once I opened the door she was in my arms crying. I remember it took me half an hour to get her to talk by doing embarrassing aegyo. Then she told me that her father had died in a car accident because she called him and told him to hurry home. I remember how she felt guilty. How she blamed herself because she wanted to feel like her father’s princess before she turned 12.

I try to walk close to her and she simply backs away and smiles at me, “I’m sorry Lay but I need to think. So can you leave me alone?”

I nod my head and watch as she runs up the hill and into the nurse’s office.