Curse You, Jang Hyunsun...

Guardian ChAOS

 

I followed the blonde, being sure to keep my distance from him. He was still mad at me, I could tell. We eventually came to a pile of rubble we had to climb over to get across. There was no other way without taking a longer-than-necessary detour. He made it over easy enough on his own, though I had a bit of a problem getting over myself. The doctors threw a fit when they found out I was leaving.

Taeyang sat with Hyunsun and I at the captain's desk. The captain turned in his fancy swivel chair to face us, trying to go for that villain-like feel. Either that, or he's naturally a weirdo.

Hyunsun, we have an assignment for you involving the people that attacked you on your rescue mission. That group of Demons has been causing problems all over the city for the crew, and the other Guardians. Do you think you can take them on now that you've had time to rest?” the captain asked. Taeyang stood up, placing his palms on the desk and leaning forward.

Why can't the rest of us go with him? He can't face them alone!” he said, trying to remain calm, but I could tell he was boiling.

The rest of you are going on another mission. Besides, he won't be alone. He'll be taking the healer girl with him,” he said, gesturing at me. I made a face at the way he referenced me, but knew better than to say anything. Because he will punish me for talking smack.

You want me to work with her?” Hyunsun asked in disbelief, pointing at me. My jaw dropped in shock and I had to resist smacking the crap out of him. “She'll get in the way!” Lucky for me, Taeyang smacked him for me.

You'll need her for your mission. We need you to take those Demons down, and it won't be easy,” the captain said sternly. Taeyang looked at me with concern in his eyes. The captain didn't know about my injuries, because he was away until a few days ago, leaving the vessel in the hands of the commander. I shook my head at him, just enough for him to see because he was looking for it, but not enough for the other two to notice.

Can't I just take another fighter with me?” Hyunsun whined.

She's a Guardian, too, she just happens to have healing abilities. She can fight as well as any of the other fighters,” the captain said, refusing to take 'no' for an answer. It looked like I was going with the blonde, whether he wanted me or not.

My next task was to let the doctors know that they would be without a healer for a while. They got angry and almost went to the captain to protest, but Taeyang and I calmed them down (even though Taeyang didn't want me to go yet either. Said it was too soon). Eventually, they resigned to let me go. And even though they made me promise to be careful, they knew and I knew that it was an impossible request.

Hyunsun and I watched as the others left, Hyunmin hanging tight to his brother's arm. Taeyang looked reluctant to leave. I knew he wanted to come with Hyunsun and I, to make sure I didn't get hurt, but neither of us had a choice in that. Finally, it was our time to go. Hyunsun hugged his brother and told him to behave for the crew. Hyunmin looked at him sadly before turning to me, hugging me tightly as well. I barely suppressed a hiss of pain, struggling to keep my face neutral, as the younger boy's body pressed against my injuries. He finally pulled away and looked at me with as stern a face a eight year old could muster.

Take care of my brother, okay?” Hyunmin said, holding out his pinky for a pinky promise. I took his pinky in mine and pressed our thumbs together.

I will, I promise,” I said, ignoring the blonde as he scoffed at our exchange. I ruffled Hyunmin's light brown hair and smiled at him.

Hyunsun grabbed my arm after I stumbled a bit and pulled me up. Unfortunately, it was my bad arm, and I barely managed to minimize the yelp of pain down to a small squeak. He gave me a look and released my arm, continuing on, muttering about how strange girls were. I took a moment to compose myself before following. I could tell the stitches pulled loose. The doctors were going to kill me. I muttered briefly and quietly about how strange Hyunsuns were. He heard me and gave me another look before ignoring me and walking on. I mentally smacked myself again. I really had to stop doing things to piss this boy off. I murmured an apology as I shuffled after him. We came to a drop off that stretched for miles on either side of where we were. Hyunsun glanced back at me and then measured the jump carefully with his eyes. Then, he jumped lightly down, turning and looking up at me to follow. I just knew this was going to be a bad idea, but he already thought I was going to get in the way, and I didn't want be a burden. So I jumped down after him. I yelped as the impact sent pain up both of my legs, as I stayed on my hands and knees. My eyes were clenched and I consciously had to control my breathing to keep it sounding normal. I heard him crouch in front of me.

You okay?” he asked. I nodded slowly. “I figured the jump wouldn't be too far, even for you. I guess I was wrong.” He stood up and I looked up to glare at him, only to find that he was holding out his hand to help me up. I placed my hand in his and allowed him to pull me up. His brow furrowed as he pushed the sleeve up to reveal the bandage on the hand he was holding. “What happened to your hand?” he asked.

I, um, hit it against...a metal plate...and cut it,” I lied, my voice getting softer as I continued. He raised an eyebrow at me.

Liar,” he said quickly, letting my hand drop and turning around to walk again.

W-who are you calling a liar, sir?” I asked, trying to sound indignant rather than guilty.

I can tell your lying. You're a terrible liar,” he said, continuing on without checking to see if I was following. “What ever, if you don't want to tell me, fine.” His voice was...almost angry. I shook the sleeve back down to hide the bandages again and followed after him, limping slightly.

An hour later, he looked back at me. His brow furrowed as he looked behind me.

Did you step in blood? How the hell did you step in blood? I didn't see any on the road,” he said. I froze and looked back slowly. Sure enough, there were bloody footprints following me. I cursed and thought quickly.

I, um, I went to investigate something off to the side and must have stepped in blood,” I lied. He walked back to me and flicked me in the forehead.

Lying is a bad habit, especially if you're a terrible liar to begin with. Sit down,” he commanded as I held my forehead where he flicked me. I shook my head and took a step away from him. He sighed. “I won't hurt you, just sit down.”

W-why?” I muttered. He gave me a look that said not to ask questions and do as I was told. Reluctantly, I sat down on the road. He crouched in front of me and rolled up my right pant leg, because that was where the blood was coming from. His eyes widened at the forming scars and the blood-soaked bandages.

What happened to your leg?” he asked. I looked away and took a breath to answer when he interrupted me. “And no lying this time.”

Th-the stitches must have snapped again when I jumped,” I said, avoiding the question.

Stitches from what? What happened before?” he asked, starting to get annoyed with me.

I got...attacked,” I muttered, not wanting to tell the full story.

By...?”

D-Demons...”

Is that what happened to your hand, too?” he asked, looking like he was about to smack me. I nodded slightly, not meeting his glare. “Idiot,” he muttered, taking a roll of bandages out of his backpack.

Who are you calling an idiot?” I mumbled.

An idiot who can't seem to tell the truth until it's forced out of her. And even then, I can tell there's a lot of the story I'm missing,” he said, not looking at me as he wrapped my leg tightly to try to stem the flow. He finished and looked at me. “Any other injuries I should know about so I don't do something stupid and make you hurt yourself?” I looked away, trying to scoot away without him noticing. “Uh-uh, where do you think you're going? And don't you dare try to hide anything from me.”

Th-that's all of them,” I lied again. I smacked myself for lying to him again.

Don't give me that. When I grabbed your arm earlier, you made a small noise. I thought at first that it was just you being weird, but I'm willing to bet there's more to it than that,” he said, glaring at me coldly.

I-I'm fine!” I stammered.

Do you have something on under that shirt?”

Huh? Yeah, why?”

Take it off.”

What?!”

If you have nothing to hide, take off the shirt,” he said, and I knew I was caught. I shook my head stubbornly. He stood up and crossed his arms. “Go ahead, if you have nothing to hide from me.” I glared up at him and stood up as well, if only so I could back away easier.

I-I would prefer to keep it on, thank you,” I said, still being stubborn. He shook his head angrily and turned away from me.

Fine, but if I do something that hurts you, I don't want to hear you complain,” he said.

T-that's fine, I'll just stay away from you,” I countered.

So you admit that you're hiding something that could hurt you,” he said quickly, walking away. I smacked myself again as I realized I fell right into his trap. Curse you, Jang Hyunsun...

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rawr, I'm sleepy. I need to stop writing things at 3 am. Night lovlies.