When We First Met

Happiness in Fiction

The sound of my stupid alarm clock rang through the room.Guess it was 7 o'clock already.I sleepily threw it against the wall,flinching as it made a crashing sound.I walked sleepily to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower.After I was done,I started to get ready for school.As I looked into the full length mirror while putting on my blazer,I whispered some motivating words to myself.'This is your first day at Cube Arts High School.you can do this.Hwaiting,Yang Yoseob!'

 

I ran downstairs and greeted my maid before I took a piece of toast and chewed it carelessly.I just nodded my head and said things like 'Yes','Okay','Hmm,right' to her advices.I really didn't want to hear her thousand long advices which I heard a thousand times before this.The I walked quickly to my new school.I couldn't contain the excitement shooting up my spine as I walked through the gates of the school.'Damn,this school is big.Anyone could easily get lost in here',I thought.I walked down the hallway with my eyes scanning the place.Just my luck,I ran into two people.The first boy looked like he was the same age as me while the other boy looked slightly older.The first was kinda short,with spiky black hair and a pair of cute smiling eyes.The other one was a bit taller than the first one with blonde hair and a serious expression but had an innocent aura around him.

 

"Sorry! I didn't look where I was going",I apologised quickly for bumping into them.The eye smiling boy just smiled even wider and said,"It's okay.It was our fault too.BTW,I'm Lee Gikwang,a first year student here.And this is my boyfriend,Son Dongwoon.He's a year younger than me but he skipped a grade cause his really smart."The boy named Gikwang offered his hand to me.I just stared blankly at them.I didn't know which was more shocking.The fact that Dongwoon was a year younger than me or the fact that he skipped a grade.About the 'boyfriend' thingy...I wasn't at all shocked.Just a little bit surprised.I'm cool with it since I'm not homophobic or anything.In fact,I myself am gay.Shocked?

 

The only thing that came out of my mouth was "Ohhh...".I felt like hitting myself in the face.Dongwoon looked at me and said,"Doesn't it seem rude to not introduce yourself when we just did?'I snapped out of my trance."Eh? Sorry.I'm Yang Yoseob,also a first year student."I smiled and gladly accepted Gikwang's handshake."Oh? Then we're the same age.What class are you in? Me and Dongwoon are in 1D",Gikwang asked cheerfully."Wait,let me check first,"I pulled out my time table and took a good look at the class name at the very top."Hmm...I'm in 1D.""Good! Let's go together!"

 

We walked along the hallway while chatting random things about ourselves.Gikwang and Dongwoon seemed like really friendly people.Very socialiseable too.We were friends by the time we reached our class.We got seats close with each other at the 3rd last row of the class.The bell rang and a tall,pretty woman walked in.She looked like she was just in her mid 20's."Welcome to Cube Arts High.As you all should know,I'm your class teacher and I will also be teaching vocal lessons.I am Gina Jane Choi.You all can call me Ms. Choi."The woman smiled sweetly at us which showed us her eyesmile.The same as Gikwang's.

 

"Since this is your first day,I should probably hear you all sing so that I can spot your weakness."Ms. Choi then continued,"Okay then,let's start with you."She pointed to a girl wearing a necklace that spelt out 'Hyuna'.She stuttered a bit as she stood up and went in front of the classroom.Soon after,a unique and mysterious sounding voice filled the classroom,surprising the people who listened to it.Then the voice started to fade and finally stopped."Hmm...you've got a great voice,very unique.You can also control your vocals well.But you lack emotion.You should put in more emotions in your singing.We'll work on that together later.Next",Ms. Choi commented.And the line went on.Student after student sang and comments after comments were thrown.Until finally,it was my turn.

 

I nervously walked to the front.The nervousness inside me was building up even more when I saw all the attention on me.Hesitantly,I took a deep breath and started to sing...

 

...Ije

Kkeuchiraneun geol aljiman

Miryeoniran geol aljiman

Ije anil geol aljiman

Geukkajit jajonsime neol japji motatdeon naega

Jogeum aswiul ppuninikka~

 

Every sentence I sang made the nervousness disappear.When I started singing it was like I was lost in my own little world.And it was difficult to make me stop.That's just how passionate and serious I am when it comes to music.The other students' eyes were getting wider and wider as each sentence left my mouth.Me,in my own little world,didn't have time to realise all of that.Wasn't important anyway.They were lucky I actually WANTED to sing in front of all of them.I'm a bit shy when it comes to singing in front of others.

Biga oneun naren nareul chajawa

Bameul saewo goerophida

Biga geuchyeogamyeon neodo ttarasseo

Seoseohi jogeumssik geuchyeogagetji...

The nervousness came back to me as I stopped singing.Everyone including Ms. Choi was staring with their mouths open at me.I'm sure a whole bird could fit in there.Not to mention,I swore their eyes were as big as saucers.If possible even bigger! "Woah~..."I started getting worried.Didn't they like my singing? Was it horrible? Was there something wrong with my voice? A million questions popped into my head.Just when I was about to say something,Ms. Choi interrupted me."Wow! Such great vocals.Full of emotion and talent.You could be a great singer with a voice as good as that."Shock! I couldn't believe it.Do I really such a great voice? I don't know.Maybe? "Uhh...Thank you?" I couldn't help but stutter a bit.I was still shocked.And to think they made me feel worried.Aish! Okay,drama over!

Soon after that,a knock was heard at the door.We all turned our heads at the direction of the sound."Excuse me,can I see Ms. Choi?",the person in front of the door said.My eyes widen.There,I saw the most handsome person I ever saw in a few years.The said person had spiky,dark brown hair,a piercing glare and tanned skin.For a moment I was just gaping there,amazed at such features.

"Oh,Doojoon. Okay,recess. You can go to the cafeteria now",Ms. Choi said as she walked towards the person named Doojoon."Thank you,teacher."I quickly followed Dongwoon and Gikwang out of the class.I passed Ms. Choi and suddenly I felt her grab my arm."Yoseob,I wanna see you later after school in my office.We can't put such a precious talent like yours to waste."I simply nodded my head in response.Where was her office,I don't know.I'll just ask Kiwoon later on.Surely they know,right?

I turned my head to the left when I noticed a gaze on me.There,still stood Doojoon with a blank expression.Moreover,he was staring at me.Staring...at me.Why?  I think you should ask him on that one.I don't know anything,I'm completely innocent (?).He just stared at me without blinking.To confirm it,I moved a little and his eyes still followed me.I got a bit pissed because I hate it when people stare at me.Doesn't matter who it is."What?!",I snapped a little bit too harshly.He asked for it.He finally snapped out of his stare and blinked a couple of times.He looked away and simply answered,"...Nothing..."I just walked away,unwilling to be bothered by him anymore.Only wasting my time.I was still pissed and cursed at him in my mind."I swear when he said 'nothing',he had a bit of shyness in his voice.He also looked shy when he said that.Hmm...',I thought deeply to myself.

'What the hell is wrong with him? He looked kinda cute all shy like that.Eh? What am I thinking?! Wait! Why do I feel weird? Do I like him? WHAT?! I like Doojoon?!...I like him.' I smiled to myself as that sentence rang over and over again in my head after I was done thinking about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there! At last,the first chap is up.Hope you guys liked it.I did my best on it.Anyway,if there are some things that you don't like,feel free to comment.No need to be shy,I don't bite.& can this be counted as a cliffhanger? I think it can.I'm just so nice to you,ain't I? Hehe! The second chap will be posted soon.Again,please comment.Comments are what keep me going.Bye~!

-KH