Confessions

Happiness in Fiction

I was sitting at my usual place in class.Gikwang and Dongwoon were siting in front of me with the three of us talking about some random topic."So how's your relationship going? Okay?".It felt awkward asking them that.We didn't always talk about relationships much."It's going great.Last week Kiki hyung moaned my name so loud,I was sure the neighbours next door could hear it.Then-""Woah,woah,woah! Wait a minute! Too much info! I don't wanna know that far!"My eyes widen in surprise.Judging by how the story started I could sense where it was going.I cut Dongwoon's words before he could say anything else.I chuckled when a flushed faced Gikwang slapped his boyfriend playfully on the arm."What was that for? Ouch! I'm hurt.How could you?"The maknae dramatically put a hand on his chest and made a sad face."What a Drama Queen",Gikwang stated,rolling his eyes."But you love this Drama Queen,right?",Dongwoon asked with a grin plastered on his handsome face."Ehem! Sorry to interrupt you guys,but can't you act all lovey-dovey another time when I'm not there? Now's not the right time."They ignored me and continued on with their childish argument.I didn't even think they heard a word I said.I would've been well off talking to a wall.Huh...Love is truly blind.Or deaf.

 

I sighed before getting up to leave.I walked out the class and...15 minutes till recess ends,I thought to myself as I checked my watch.'Might as well go to the garden to kill my time'.FYI,I loved the school garden.It was always quiet and peaceful.Usually I just admired the flowers there.Especially the roses.They are my favourite flowers afterall.White ones.On the way there,I suddenly felt a hand grabbing my arm and dragged me into a store room nearby."WTH?! What's going on here? Who are you?"I couldn't see who it was since neither of us switched on the light.The person trapped me between me and the wall.I knew it was a boy cause 1. My instincts told me and 2. No girl is possibly that strong.I know I am weak but there was no way I would let a girl surpass me.One word.Pride.Somehow,even I didn't know how,I managed to reach out my arm far enough to switch on the light.A loud gasp escaped from my mouth when I saw who it was.

 

It was the person who I admired very much since my first day there.The person who sucessfully stole my heart for the very first time.Someone who occupied my mind day and night 24/7,no matter how hard I tried to forget him.Even if it was just once.Someone who I truly loved.My first love.

 

"Doojoon hyung? What are you doing? Why did you bring me here?",I asked questioningly.He didn't answer my questions and just stared at me deeply in the eyes.Those beautiful piercing eyes which I loved so much stared at me deeply.It felt like he was penetrating me,staring straight to my soul,knowing exactly what I felt and what I was thinking.I was kinda creepy.Feeling uncomfortable,I looked away.Where wasn't a big deal.Just not those eyes.In the end,my eyes landed on a mop behind him.Focusing on it like it was oh-so-fascinating.Not long after that,a warm hand made it's way under my chin and gently made me look at the owner.At last,Doojoon finally spoke up."Don't.I wanna see your beautiful eyes."I instantly feel my cheeks heat up.The person I loved complimented me! I wasn't expecting the next thing to happen.Not at all.Seriously.I felt a soft pair of lips pressing on mine.I gasped shockingly.I didn't know how to react.It was my first kiss afterall.'Wait,my first kiss? He ing stole my first kiss',I screamed mentally to myself.Despite my first kiss being stolen,in a small dusty store room,I felt happy.Maybe because the one who was stealing it was Doojoon.

 

How much I knew it was wrong,it felt so right,so perfect...so complete.Like we were meant to be with each other...forever.It took a while for me to respond,finally knowing what to do.We were like in our own world.Where no one can ever separate us.The kiss was long but very sweet and gentle.Soft and chaste.We broke apart when our lungs screamed for dear air.We both panted heavily."Why?",I finally managed to ask.Doojoon just looked at me with a what-the--are-you-talking-about-look."Why did you bring me here? Most importantly,why'd you kiss me?"For a brief moment he looked at me with a blank expression then suddenly,he looked at me seriously.To be honest,it scared me.This guy sure has his own ways of making me scared.And the fact that we were in the room alone made it worse.Besides all that,I still tried to keep my composure straight.Doojoon cupped my left cheek with his right hand.His other hand was placed on my waist."Yoseob,listen here carefully.I'm only gonna say this once.So listen very carefully."I nodded my head eagerly without any hesitations.Well what to say? I'm a curious person.

 

"I love you,Yang Yoseob.I loved you since I first laid my eyes on you,in front of the classroom.Since that day,I couldn't focus on anything else.The more I think of you,the more I missed you.I wanna make you mine so badly.My feelings for you grow non-stop every time I see you.I have a hard time sleeping at night cause I don't know what to do with this feeling.It's wrong but,hell do I care,I can't hold it in anymore.I love you too much.I'm asking you,will you be my boyfriend,Yang Yoseob?".He stared at me with love and sincerity overflowing in his eyes.I guessed he noticed my blank expression because then he added,"Don't worry.You don't have to answer now.I'm not forcing you.I'll give you a chance to think it over.I know it's not an easy decision."He was worried about me.I didn't know he is a cheesy person.It kinda makes him cute.

 

It took some time to process his words in my mind.Just as he let me go and was about to leave,I stopped him."Yes",I said.Doojoon widened his eyes."Yes?""Yes,I'll be your boyfriend.I love you,hyung.since the first time we met.I guess it was love at first sight."He looked surprised but happy at the same time."Does that mean we're official now?""Yeah.You can say  that.""Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"He hugged me tightly."I promise I will protect you and care for you.I will always love you and only you",he said very sincerely.I could sense the sincerity in his voice."Doo...joon...""Hmm?""Let go...C-Can't b-breathe..."What? Ohh..."He let me go and shyly apologised while rubbing the side of his neck awkwardly.We got out of the store room to head back to our classes before the bell rang.Along the way,we linked our hands.I've never felt too happy.I guess this was how genuinely happy felt like.

 

We went separate ways and I went back to my class.I quickly took my seat next to Dongwoon.I smiled widely like a lunatic.Dongwoon looked at me weirdly and asked,"What's up with you?""I'll tell you later",I said.Then,the teacher came in right after the bell rang.