Cousins?!

Happiness in Fiction

"So who's the lucky guy?!", Kiwoon asked me in unison. They both had their eyes wide in shock and curiosity. And to make it even worse, Gikwang was shaking me too violently for my own liking. God, was I getting dizzy. I wish he'd just stop. But it wasn't easy when you were being shaken like that. It's not even nighttime yet and I'm already seeing stars. Not the pretty ones, mind you. Tell me how I got in this situation again? Oh, right. Now I remember.

 

 

You see, as soon as school ended, Dongwoon invited me to his house to hear my explanation as I said the school wasn't private enough. With 1000+ students around excluding the teachers, school staffs, janitors and cafeteria workers, anyone could've easily eavesdropped us. Anyway, coincidentally, Dongwoon's parents were on a business trip with his cousin's parents. Currently, his cousin was staying with him for the time being. But his cousin always comes home a little late. We both assumed the house was more than private enough.

 

 

Just when we left the school gate, a hyper looking Gikwang jumped on top of us from behind. It was a good thing I managed to keep my balance. If not, I was sure the three of us would've been kissing the ground by that time. I don't care about getting hurt. I mean, how much pain could a little fall bring? I just don't want my second kiss to be with the dirty ground. Oh no. My lips are far too precious...well maybe for Doojoon. "Yah! Be careful! You almost knocked us down!", I said angrily. "Mianhae. I didn't mean to. I was just excited to see you guys. Where are you guys going anyway?", Gikwang asked curiously. "We're going to my place. Yoseob hyung here owes me something." "Can I come? Please...", Gikwang gave us his famous eye smile as a bribe. He knows too well that his eye smile is our weakness. "Aww...sure. But is it okay with you, hyung?", Dongwoon turned to me. "Yeah. I think he has the right to know too." "Yay!" Gikwang jumped up and down like a kid who just got some candy.

 

 

We arrived at Dongwoon's house in about 10 minutes  or so. We went straight to his bedroom. He went down for a while and came back up with a tray of iced lemon tea and a packet of potato chips for a snack. He ripped open the potato chips packet and we all started to eat. "So what happened?", Dongwoon asked between mouthfuls of crushed potato chips. I took a sip of my drink before talking. "You guys want details? Or just in general?" "Details. Every bit of it. Not even one left out." So I started explaining to them as detailed as possible. That is, except for the guy's name. And that's how I ended up like this. Great. Just my luck.

 

Gikwang was still shaking me. "Yah, Kiki hyung, stop it. Let him talk", Dongwoon said to his boyfriend. And I wondered, was Dongwoon really the maknae here?

 

"oh. Mian", Gikwang smiled sheepishly and instantly released me. It took me a while for me to regain my eyesight. I kept seeing two Gikwangs and two Dongwoons. "You guys really wanna know who it is?." I needed to make sure they were ready for this. They nodded their heads furiously and stared at me curiously with puppy eyes. They resembled a hopeful looking puppy really. Man, these guys can be cute sometimes! But not as cute as me. I AM the 'Aegyo Prince' after all. That's what the fan girls at school call me. Not that I denied it. Anyway, back to the topic ladies and gentlemen. "Okay", I took a deep breath  before continuing. "I'm pretty sure you guys know him cause he's really popular at our school. He's no other than our senior, Yoon Doo-" I was rudely cut off when the bedroom door suddenly flung open.

 

 

"Dongwoon?", someone said. I froze instantly as I recognised the voice too well. Just to make sure I wasn't wrong, I turned my head slowly to see who the voice belonged to. I looked up slowly as I was nervous to see who it was. Have you ever been so shocked in your life that your eyes went bigger than saucers and your mouth suddenly formed an 'O'? And then you covered your mouth with your hand because you were too shocked to close it on your own? Well, that's exactly how I felt at that time.

 

And apparently, that person was also shocked to see me. Judging by the way his eyes went two times bigger. Man, was he good. Because he returned back to normal- scratch that- almost normal and hid his shock well. The room was a bit tense as me and him kept staring at one another.

 

Thankfully, Dongwoon broke the silence. Him and Gikwang seemed oblivious of the tension present. Thanks Dongwoon. If it wasn't for you, we'd still be staring at each other like idiots. I made a mental note to treat him for some 'patbingsu' later. "Hyung, you're back already? Wow... a little bit earlier than usual. Let me guess, you dumped your friends with an excuse that your mom tripped and fell and is now in the hospital, right? But the truth is, you're just too lazy to put up with their right?." And I was surprisingly impressed by his statement.Just...wow...

 

 

"Yep. You got it dongsaeng. Anyway, mind introducing me with the new kid over there?." "Oh? Ya, right. Hyung, this is my best friend, Yang Yoseob and Yoseob hyung, this is the cousin that I was talking about before we went here, Yoon Doojoon hyung. He's a year older than you and Kiki hyung and he's our senior." "Nice to meet you, cutie. Hehe... We've met before,right?" "Uh? Oh, yeah. Right", I snapped outta my shock and immediately regained my senses back. 'Doojoon and Dongwoon are cousins?! Oh my... How is Dongwoon gonna react if I tell him? Will he be okay with it? His best friend with his own cousin dating? Wouldn't that be weird?' I was literally panicking in my mind. "Well then, see you later. And Kiki, your bro wants you home before 6.00pm." "Aish, Seungie hyung. Okay then." Gikwang seemed to be frustrated. Doojoon closed the door and left us alone once more. Ahh...peace...

 

 

When I thought it was over, Dongwoon suddenly spoke up...again... "So...who's your boyfriend hyung?", he asked with an innocent tone. 'Oh ! Dongwoon, why did you have to have such a good memory? I totally forgot about that! What am I gonna say? Lie? No! Not an option. I'm terrible at lying. Maybe I should just tell him the truth. Would that be okay?  What if-' "Hyung?", Dongwoon interrupted my thoughts. I also realised that Gikwang was snapping his fingers in front of my face. "Eh...? Yes?" "Why do you seem so distracted today? You keep spacing out ever since you saw Doojoon hyung? Is everything okay?." I saw worried expressions on the Kiwoon couple's face. Especially Dongwoon. "Nothing's wrong. I'm okay. Don't worry. About my boyfriend..."  "What about him?", I heard Gikwang spoke up. "My boyfriend's Yoon Doojoon", I said without really thinking much. My mind was too distracted to even think clearly anymore. 'Did I just say that?! Oh my God, what will they think? Why'd I have to say that now? The least you could've do was give some time to it. Stupid me...'

 

Silence surrounded the room. I waited for someone to say something. Shock was clearly displayed on Kiwoon's faces. I waited and waited. 3 minutes passed and still silence. I was getting pretty nervous. I was thinking about breaking the uncomfortable silence but Dongwwon spoke up first.

 

 

"Okay then." That surprised me. "Hmm? Okay? That's it? Nothing else? Aren't you angry or something?" "Why would I be angry? There's nothing wrong with you dating Doojoon hyung." "So you're really okay with it?" "Of course I'm okay with it.Just a bit shocked earlier, but yeah. I know hyung must seriously like you for him to confess. Usually people confess to him." "Woah... That means I'm pretty awesome, aren't I?" "Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, hyung." Dongwoon rolled his eyes.

 

 

"How about you, Kiki? You okay with this?" "I'm sure I like the fact that you're the one dating my boyfriend's beloved cousin instead of some . Hehe...", he cheekily replied. Aish...this kid... "So it's all settled then." "Not quite." I quickly looked at the maknae. "Wae? What is it?", I was back to feeling nervous. "Can you call me 'Woonie' from now on?" I raised one eyebrow. "Wae?" "Because...1. Gikwang has a pet name from you and I don't. I'm kinda sad. 2. Everyone calls me that. 3. I feel more comfortable with that name. And 4. You're Doojoon hyung's boyfriend. So there's a chance you're gonna be my 'cousin-in-law'. Family always have pet names for each other." With the last statement, he smirked.

 

 

My cheeks turned slightly warm and I hit his arm playfully. "Okay then. If that's what you want. BUT excluding the last reason." "Hahaha!" "Wait a minute!" Gikwang's voice interrupted our fun. "Yoseob hyung, you've gotta be careful. You should know that Doojoon hyung is not easy to please. He might already be in a relationship with you, but he may wants more than that later further onwards into your relationship." "What do you mean?" I was getting confused here. I could tell that Gikwang was dead serious at that time. One minute they congratulate me for my newly formed relationship, the next minute they're warning me to be careful? Weird...

 

 

"I mean, he might want to control your life later on. Or even take away your ity. He can even change you without you realising it." "Are you serious?" I was responded with a nod. I just stared at him blankly. That didn't sound like Doojoon at all. Then again, I don't really know him that well yet. "But no pressure. Doojoon hyung is a good person. He's just difficult to please. Right Woonie?" I turned to Dongwoon. "Yup. Doojoon hyung's has some issues with power. And he's never really stolen anyone's ity before. He's just capable of stealing it. As far as I know, he himself is still a . Hey, it's love. Love can change you. Though I'm sure you can get hurt by Doojoon hyung's actions sometimes...he's good. Don't worry. Don't think of it too much and just enjoy your relationship, okay?" Dongwoon tried to reassure me. "Okay. If you guys say so. Moreover you two are close with him, I'm sure I could trust you guys." I wasn't quite reassured, but I tried to. I trusted Doojoon. I shouldn't doubt him. Everyone has their own flaws.

 

"He wouldn't do anything to hurt me, right? Of course no! And I went on debating with myself for a whole 59.7 seconds. Eventually, the 'I-shouldn't-doubt-my-own-boyfriend' side won. Doojoon wasn't gonna hurt me, right? Or so I thought.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally found the time to update. My new school has been hectic. And it's finally semester break. So I'll continue updating frequently until my break ends. Which is another 2 weeks or so. Plenty of time. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chap. It took me hours to write. Please comment. I wanna know what you think. And also thank you to my subbies for not un subscribing to this fic. Your patience mean a lot to me. Though I update so ing slow...Again thanks. And don't forget to comment. Annyeong~!

- KH