change

Sky

 

 

 

 

 

Dehydrated, tired and weak. The 3 things I never wanted to become. Strong, smart and quick. Ha I wish. The more I'm staying in this horror of a village with its hanging blood rags, screaming kids and suspense always hanging in the air the more insane I become, and that's just the start of it. Literally. The people here are all right, it's the people in charge I can't stand. Like twice a week at least thirteen women are captured, no men, no children just women and they never return. God knows why. But ever since yesterday it's gotten worse. This morning I saw a girl I used play with when I was younger, Tiff was her name involved with the capturing, she had a look in her eye that was like she was in a nightmare and couldn't escape, it scared the hell out of me. And that's not the end of it, only a few hours ago a half of the eastern part of the women in the village were taken.

 

The killings usually took place in the town square, it's mostly men now. The women here are few, the ones that are here are either chained to walls to await their capture or chained to their lovers whether it was men or their fathers they were the lucky ones. If they only knew. They sell all types of things here; gifts, flowers, fruits and even jewellery, the women that were taken jewellery, I think it's sick but they'll do what they can to find money around here. The men are getting worried, they think when all the women are gone they'll turn on them next (their not saying it but they are definitely thinking it.) Some of the men brave enough try to get the women to flee to different villages to get help or to start up their new lives. The carriages are supposed to return with the footmen to collect more women, but they never show.

 

As I strolled through the village I saw a few people huddled by the gleaming white waterfall, some toss in coins and pray for wishes to come true and some cry as they think about their lost sisters or mothers thinking that they have died, which is the most likely outcome. I come here every day just to listen to the waterfall and just listen to the splash of the water and to escape this world and think about different the waterfall and just listen to the splash of the water and to escape this world and think about different things than just people dying like what would happen if the people were to rise against the people in charge, probably start a war and most of the people will be killed or I think about myself which I hardly do. I looked into the watery base that surrounded the waterfall, there’s a lot about the water that tells stories like you would sometimes see coins, for wishes, jewellery, that the women had thrown off to get away from the people that were trying to get away before getting captured and flowers, to represent the people that didn't make it as far as being captured as this is the last thing they would see before they died.

 

It looked normal. As my eyes rose to meet my own gaze in the water, I smiled but only for a brief moment. Anything I was or anything I am now reminded me so much about my parents. My eyes are brown and full of despair, take away the despair part and you'd see my dad’s eyes but you would see hope and way. My light brown soft hair reminded me of my mother as I ran my fingers through it. Some part of me believes that their still here, I just need to find them. That however is impossible and I know that. My build is strong and tall, you'd have to be around here so if you were attacked you would at least stand a chance of escape but even that doesn't stop them. I sighed if you think this is to good to be true well, this has been my life since the day I was born and it's never changed.

 

As I realized that there wasn't much else to look at I was going to take a walk around the village until I was confronted by a women with golden blonde hair and blued eyed women who had a beautifully shocking appearance. Her eyes were an enchanting blue, if you looked into the eyes long enough you would be mesmerized and her hair looked like it was made of gold itself. For a moment I was in a trance on her beautiful she was but that moment didn't last long as she broke the silence. "Hello Sky," she said to me, her voice we're like angels greeting me to heaven itself. Like her eyes I was in a trance but again that moment didn't last long but what also striking about her was the shade of her skin, it was the same colour and my dad’s skin when he had died. I had to look away for a moment to regain reality. Before I could ask her who she was, "I am Laban," as if I had asked her the question before I said anything atoll.

 

Before I could say anything a women came to stand to her left. This one had chocolate brown hair like mine and the same shade of brown in her eyes, she could of been a sister I've never heard of, the only thing that made me to believe she was allot more like Laban than me was the shade of skin. It matched Laban's. "And this is Daniella," Laban spoke; her voice was now starting to creep me out. And just I was about to speak to both of them yet another women came to stand by Laban's right. She had night coloured eyes and hair, she too had the same shade of skin as the other two. “And Sierra." I looked at them with a confused look in my eye but made sure it wasn't written on my face. What do you want I thought to myself? I looked back at Laban to try and make it clear that the silent question was for her. It was at that moment that I realised she had a symbol on her neck. N.C was written on it, I looked at the other girls, and they had it to.

 

Guessing the obvious "So your here to kill me," I questioned them, Sierra made a step towards me as if to answer my question but Laban held her back. "Not yet," Laban whispered angrily to Sierra. Sierra obeyed. Laban took her hands off Sierra. "Actually no, this is what you call a ..... trial, a test if you will. To see if we are ready for the next phase of our lives we are part of the..." "The N.C, yeah I kinnda guessed that, it's not like I don't know what you are, I'll give it to you simply, your blood vampires in training and whether you like it or not, that's what you are." I answered them. I knew this because many people I knew, or used to know who are now dead, told me that my mother was part of them, she wasn't like the ones that stood in front of me who had obviously had blood before they got here; the scent was all over them. Wait? Did I just think that? I just thought scent; it's all over this place. They regularly come here, the question was who or what were they looking for and why did I think of the scent before the appearance, their appearance was easy to spot but their scent was even more obvious than that. For a moment they stared at me in shock.

 

Laban relaxed her features. "No, this is our challenge and every N.C one has the same challenge. This is to see if we can withstand the power that was given to us, the strength, the speed, everything were given. We were chosen to do this the ones that are not were not worthy." She said to me smugly. "Yeah, you were chosen all right, you were chosen to be brain washed and to be turned in to blood demons which will kill anything or anyone that gets in its way to become top dog, also and this is a fact that's how we are now ruled by what you state them as 'the royals', down here we call them Hades brothers because of what they have done to us. Up there," I inclined my head to the mansion that was up the hills, "Is hell itself." Sierra looked like she was about to jump at me, but she stayed put. The group were called nightshade besides from what they were and who were they called, that's all I knew but I had a feeling that I was going to find out more that I had planned, It was like Laban read my thoughts as she added.

 

"Do you know a woman named Caroline Cove, Sky?" That was the name of my mother; I stood in silence as I waited for her to continue. "She was part of it; she was strong but not quite strong enough. You see Sky, she was a true vampire, born and raised as one she had all that she could of wanted. But all true vampires all share the same fault, they can fall in love with humans, she fell for Sieran who at the time, was a bounty hunter, if he didn't get to know Caroline the way he did, he would of killed her on the spot. She was given the simple mission of killing Sieran, for years she had put it off until she conceived a child. The deal was if she told him and refused to help she would kill him but if he excepted her as he did, the N.C' s plan would go forward."

 

"The N.C waited", she continued "until she had given birth to you, waited until she was relaxed, and stuck. They took out Sieran first seeing as he was the easiest target, we lost two men but that did not matter. He died on the second hour. Caroline tried to run away with you, but failed. She was killed on the third hour. The N.C left you seeing there was no point in killing you since you would die in the first few weeks. But they were wrong. Your family were weak Sky, your just like them." As Laban finished I breathed in deeply to summon every ounce of control to wipe off the cave of hers that never ends that she calls a mouth straight off her. I was off to a remarkably great start with the witty remarks, I was finishing this. "If my parents were so weak then why am I standing here them?" I said to her giving her an evil smile. "You know what, your right, then why don't we just put an end to you then." I was hoping she would say that.

 

The quite on Danielle definitely wasn't shy when it came to fighting as she stuck first. What the hell! I thought as she was already on top of me, I was expecting her fangs to come out. But they didn't. As Danielle pinned me down Sierra went for my neck and Laban started to walk over. But she wasn't getting away that easily. I kicked as hard as I could to Danielle's chest and let me tell you she went absolutely flying. Before I could comment on how surprisingly strong I was Sierra went to stamp on my chest but not before I pulled myself up as she was wrestling with my arms I used her strength which was allot more than mine and kicked her in the neck and she staged back. I rolled up so I was standing and as she made a run at me at alarming speed and I round-house kicked her straight in the mouth and she fell. For a moment I thought that was it. But I then suddenly remembered there were three of them.

 

I scanned the trees for any sign of her. But all I saw was two unconscious women on the floor, or seemed to be. As I looked at the trees I swear I heard sow thing and just as I predicted she jumped at me like a cheater wanting its prey, but because I knew she was going to do that I had already side stepped her attack. As I turned to meet her she was already up but she didn't attack she just looked at me. At that moment I was confused as to whether she comrades had stood up and prepared to fight or she was planning her next move. I could see both of the girls still down and then I saw about five people come out of one if the houses and stand behind her, to men came to stand beside her. She whispered a command to them as I was waiting for the attack, but they didn't. Instead they went for Sierra and Daniella, I guess they failed as I heard them scream for help and try to batter the men away but their strength was no match for them and they were killed in seconds.

 

All I could do then was look at her with amazement, was this their test? To see if they could become a true vampire or was this part of her plan. I pondered on the questions I had. She gave me a

 

Seductive look and smiled and showed her diamond white fangs and I made a break for the trees. I knew they would chase me but that was the plan. Sort of.