Chapter 1

Let's Win This Girl's Heart!

Haneul's POV

"Hello Haneul?" I pick up the call but only to be greeted by a deep voice. A guy.

“I’m sorry, the number you have dialed is not in service” I am too lazy to care who is the caller and pretend to be an operator lady.

“Not in service? Are you kidding me? Byun Haneul! Get your sleepyhead right here, right now.” I widen my eyes as I recognize the voice. Kris.

I take minutes to recover from the shock and register everything that just happened.  Oh snap! Today is Kris’s big match. He is the basketball captain in our school and also my childhood friend. I always attend every match he is in and always show up late too. Today is not an exception. I am late, again.

I quickly rush to the bathroom without ending the call because I’m in a rush and I’m rushing.

 

 

Kris’s POV

“Not in service? Are you kidding me? Byun Haneul! Get your sleepyhead right here, right now.” I yell at my phone or to be exact at Haneul. My big match is going to start in 15 minutes but Haneul has not shown up yet. She is late, again.

When I call her, I am greeted by her sleeping voice, acting like an operator. She probably picks up the call without looking at the caller. Clumsy.

“Hey captain, coach is looking for you” one of my teammates shouts at me from afar.

“Okay, coming!” I know I don’t have time to wait for Haneul. So I just pray that she will show up even if it is for the last minute.

Every shoot I make is just for Haneul, because of one reason.

10 minutes left before the match ends and my team is leading. But Haneul still has not shown up. I’m going to shoot my 4th goal soon.

By the time I snatch the ball from the opposite team, I hear my nickname that Haneul created for me when we were kids being called out loudly.

“Ben Ben!” I turn around to see Haneul standing at her usual spot while holding a big placard with “If you win, pizza tonight” written on it.

I grin at her and make an OK sign.

The thought of Haneul watches me shooting my final goal for this match boost up my mood. With only 4 seconds left, my team wins with the last goal from me.

 

 

Haneul’s POV

Kris stylishly shoots his last goal before- “BEEP!” the match ends and his team wins. Your Ben Ben wins.

I see he has a wide grin on his face while celebrating his victory with his team.

Not wanting to disturb their celebration, I take out my handphone to text Kris before walking out of the court.

“See you at the school gate. Waiting..” is what I send to Kris.

 

 

Kris’s POV

I change my jersey into a casual outfit before reaching out for my handphone to read the text message I received minutes ago.

Reading the text message from Haneul, I quickly walk out of the changing room after bidding goodbye to my teammates.

I see Haneul leaning against the school gate, playing with her fingers while looking up at the sky. Bright day.

I quietly tiptoe towards her, not letting her knows I’m close behind her and give a backhug.

“I’m sorry for taking so long” I mutter, still backhugging her. She turns around, trying to escape from the hug, obviously.

“I’m sorry for showing up late too. Anyway, you are the best Ben Ben!” she said while taking a step backward. Then she gives me a thumb up, smiling.

I chuckle to see her happy face and hold her right hand before walking home side by side. I enjoy this moment.

“So where is my pizza?” I ask, breaking the comfortable silence between us.

 

 

 

 

Author's note :

Here you go, the first chapter of "Find A Reason, Kris" ! So, what do you think, lovely readers? Does it pass your expectation? I hope so ^^
After reading the first chapter, do you think this story will has a happy ending? Comment below, and tell me what do you think about this story ^^

Big thanks to the subscribers too! piglet_99exofxbapsecret, early_4_su_ha and robotkiddo00