Chapter 2

Let's Win This Girl's Heart!

Kris’s POV

I’m home! Getting nagged all the way~ hm

I post my tweet. Today’s match really tired me out and Haneul nagging at me because I didn’t finish the pizza she treated me doesn’t help too.

Flashback

“Yah! Didn’t you say you want to eat pizza just now? Why did you eat half way? You should have finished it!” Haneul glares at me as I just humming to a tune.

She has been nagging at me since 10 minutes ago. Scolding how I shouldn’t be greedy and ask her to buy me pizza when I didn’t even finish it. That was how our journey home tonight. It was just Haneul and her nagging.

My phone vibrates, a notify that someone mentions me on twitter.

@duizzhangkris You don’t have the rights to complain after wasting my money on pizza!

From @haneulthesky

I laugh seeing her mention. This girl really can’t forget her grudge easily. Childish.

I’m sorry Haneul. This is my another reason to spend tonight with you. I lie on my bed, trying to drift off myself to sleep.

 

 

Haneul’s POV

I surprisingly wake up early today even though today is Saturday. I walk down the stairs, heading to the kitchen  to find something to eat after a long relaxing shower.

“Haneul, good that you’re awake early. Come and greet Uncle Park” I look at the two strangers sitting on the sofa as I smile politely.

“Hello, I’m Haneul. Nice to meet you” I bow before sitting on the empty space beside my mom, while giving her a questioning look.

“This is Uncle Park, your dad’s friend ever since college. He is in Korea for business, so your dad suggests him to stay at our house. Oh, and beside him is his son, err- Park Ch- what’s your name again, young man?” I look at the guy my mom refers to. Handsome.

“It’s Park Chanyeol” He flashes a slight smile. I try to not to look at Chanyeol and look somewhere else. After talking for some time, I excuse myself to the kitchen to prepare drinks for them, or to be exact to fill up my stomach. I still haven’t had my breakfast since I woke up, and my grumbling stomach just  making it worse.

I open the refrigerator and grab a bottle of orange juice, pouring it into 4 glasses. I drink one of the drinks, turning myself back and lean against the kitchen bar. I’m startled to see Chanyeol in the kitchen too, looking around.

He notices I staring at him. “I’m looking for the toilet.” He says. I nod as I point towards the bathroom.

“Thanks!” He winks at me before walking to the bathroom. I watch him walk pass me with jaw dropping. Did he just wink at me? I slowly walk to the living room to serve the drinks as I try to relax my racing heartbeat.

“I’ll be in my room if you need anything, mom” I smile at Uncle Park before walk up the stairs and go to my room. As soon as I enter my room, I quickly grab my handphone to text Kris.

To: Flying dragon Kris
My dad’s friend gonna stay at my house for a while. Behave when you come over!

 

From: Flying dragon Kris
What? Am I behaving like a dragon, roaring around when I come over? Did he come alone?
Your dad’s friend?


To: Flying dragon Kris
Isn’t that the real you? A dragon? Nope, he is with his son. A good-looking one.

 

From: Flying dragon Kris
You got a point there, smart girl. A guy? Not as good-looking as I am. Scratch that, I’m beyond the word perfect. Kekeke~

 

I laugh seeing his text message, always full of himself. I put down my handphone, and decide to take a nap since I don’t have any plan for today.

 

 

Kris’s POV

I can’t sit still after Haneul texted me this morning, telling about the guests she has in her house right now.

I wear my jacket and put my handphone in the pocket before grabbing my motorcycle’s key. Once I arrive at the porch, I start my motorcycle’s engine and head to Haneul’s house. It takes me 15 minutes to arrive there although it usually takes around 25 minutes.

I park my motorcycle in front of the main gate and walk inside since the gate is not locked. Before I reach the front door, I am greeted by her dad who is talking with an old man in the garden.

“Good night, Uncle” I bow, slightly smile at Mr Byun and the man beside him.

“Good night too. Are you here for Haneul?” Mr Byun asks as I nod.

“She is in her room since the afternoon, sleeping maybe. Go take a look” He said, as I smile before making my way into the house.

I walk up the stairs and a bit shocked to see a shirtless guy coming out from the bathroom near Haneul’s room. I glare at him before he smirks and enters a room, two doors away from Haneul’s room.

I open the door to Haneul’s room, peeking inside and see Haneul is sleeping soundly on the bed. I tiptoe silently towards the bed, not wanting to wake her up.

I smile as I look at her sleeping face. Still beautiful even though her hair is a bit messy.

“Get off my bed. I can’t sleep with you in here” I startle as Haneul suddenly sit up on the bed, knocking my head.

“Y-Yah! You were supposed to sleep!” I rub my head as I glare at her. She laughs.

“Are you planning to steal my first kiss during my beautiful sleep?” she eyes me, her tones becomes more serious.

“What! Kissing you never exist in my vocabulary! Not even once, Haneul” I scoff at her, avoiding her stare. My face turns red when she suddenly pecks my cheek. I hold the spot she kissed pecked, speechless.

I glare at her after I finally recover from the shock. She laughs “What? Stop being cute or I’ll kiss you again, here” she pouts, giving me a hint of where she means.

“I-I-We-Let’s-Your mom” , I stutter. I quickly leave her room, heading downstairs. My heart feels like it is going to jump out from the rib cage if I stay in the room with Haneul any longer. I can hear her laughs before she shouts my name, telling me to wait for her.

I make my way to the kitchen, hoping to see her mom there. As I expected, there she is, washing dishes.

“Hi Aunt” I greet Mrs Byun before sitting down on one of the chairs at the dining table.

“Hi there, Kris. Hungry?” she smiles as she serves caramel pudding for me.

I nod before scoop out the pudding and eat it. Delicious as always.

Haneul’s family is close with my family since both me and Haneul were kids. My family runs a business in Canada, so I live alone in Seoul. Haneul’s dad is a professor in one of the prestigious universities in Seoul while her mom works at an orphanage. Haneul’s family is nice with me, Mrs Byun especially. She always invites me for lunch, dinner and even breakfast during weekends. It’s always Haneul who nags how often I come to her house and how she feels like her parents are giving me more attention than her.

“Still thinking of the kiss?” I hear someone whispers in my ear. I look to my left and see Haneul standing really close to me, I can kiss her right away if I move forward a bit. I give her an annoyed face before continue eating the pudding. She laughs as she sits down on the empty chair beside me.

“Hi Chanyeol. Do you want to join Haneul eating pudding? I made it myself” I look back to see who is Mrs Byun talking to and see the guy I saw in front of the bathroom earlier. Good thing he puts his shirt on now. So, he is Chanyeol, the guest’s son Haneul told me this morning.

“Sure. Thanks Aunt” He smiles before he joins us at the table, purposely sitting on the chair that is facing  Haneul. Mrs Byun leaves three of us, reasoning that she still has work to be done.

“Don’t you want to introduce your friend to me, Haneul?” I see he smiles cheekily to Haneul. Ugh, I’m annoyed. I don’t even want to know from what planet he is from because he is definitely not a human but Yoda from the Star Wars. Yes, that green creature with long ears.

“Oh right. Chanyeol, this is Kris. He is-“

“I’m Haneul’s boyfriend so stop smiling at her” I cut Haneul off. I see Chanyeol has a shock expression on his face. Haneul smacks my thigh. Ouch, that hurts.

“Mind him, Chanyeol. He has a problem in digesting information. We’re friends. Just a friend” Haneul explains to him as he just nods to her, slightly gives her a smile. Haneul keeps talking to Chanyeol, totally ignoring me. Sometimes I eavesdropping on their conversation. Most of their topics are boring but I get to know that three of us are the same age, 18 years old.

I’m very annoyed with the fact Haneul just treats me like I’m not exist beside her, so I decide to leave because yeah I think she will be happy if I’m not around so that she can spend more time with that Yoda.

I walk out of the house, towards my motorcycle. On my way out, I’m hoping that Haneul will run after me and stop me from leaving like this. But no. I am greeted by cold silence.

I get on my motorcycle, start the engine and head to his house in full speed.  

 

 

 

 

Author's note : 

Big applause to our new character, Park Chanyoda. kekeke~

Chapter 2 is out! So, what do you think? Do you like it? 

Ouh, ouh! and do you notice the bolded word? his? Are you curious? hehe.

his is actually a new character too, a close friend of Kris. Who do you think it will be? Is he one of EXO's members? Find out in next chapter! :)

Big thanks to the new subscribers! 
freshoutfromovencheryltaeminnie and Milayka, my poster maker!