Chapter 3

Let's Win This Girl's Heart!

Kris’s POV

363.. 364.. 365. There it is. His apartment.

I unlock the door with the spare key I have and walk inside. Clothes lying everywhere on the floor. His clothes. I facepalm myself before grabbing the basket nearby me and start putting the clothes in it. What is he doing in this house? Oh my god, just look at how messy it is.

After finished collecting the clothes, I walk to the bedroom to find him sleeping, legs on the bed while his other half body on the floor. I head to the sleeping boy and slightly step on his body. He shots his eyes open, but still lying on the floor. I shake my head and sit down on his stomach, not caring about his groan.

“ Kris! Get off me! Oh god, I can’t breathe! Kris, I’m gonna sue you if I die because of you and your weight!” He says, trying to push me off him.

I laugh as I get off him and sit on the floor near him. “How are you gonna sue me if you dead, Huang Zitao?” I smack his head. “This is for messing the house”.

I smack his head again, harder. “And this is for insulting my weight.”

He groans “This is physical abuse, Kris! What the , see you in court tomorrow! I’m suing you!”

I laugh. Huang Zitao is my close friend. He knows every single detail about me. He knows I have a feeling for Haneul. He knows how close is Haneul with me. He knows everything. Not to mention, he is the same age as me and Haneul and we are classmates. He is a Chinese but he lives in Seoul along with his parents because his father owns restaurants here. Rich kid. He doesn’t like clinging onto people, that’s why he lives separately from his parents. One thing to be reminded, this kid knows wushu.

He walks out the room, as I follow after him. We sit on the sofa, facing the not-switched-on tv.

“I’m from Haneul’s house”

“I know”

“She has guests in her house”

He looks at me and nods, signaling me to continue.

“She treats me like I’m invisible, and keeps talking with that Yoda boy” Tao laughs uncontrollably.

“Yoda? Kris, wtf. Stop naming everyone you hate with cruel names” He stops laughing as he sees my serious face.

“So, you’re pissed.” He continues.

“Very” I pout. He smacks my lips “Kris, stop pouting. For God’s sake, Kris, you’re a guy” he turns on the tv.

I am about to reply him when suddenly my phone rings, notifying me that someone is calling. I check the caller id.

Haneul Honey 

I let my phone rings. Tao gives me a questioning look. “Not picking up?”

I shake my head. Tao nods before continues watching the tv. None of us speak until we both fall asleep on the sofa.

 

 

Haneul’s POV

Monday

I’ve been calling Kris for the umpteenth time, but none of my calls he answers.

I was talking with Chanyeol when he suddenly left last Saturday’s night, leaving me dumbfounded. Before I could call out his name, he had already ridden his motorcycle to somewhere only he knew. I thought maybe he was in a hurry, so I just continued my conversation with Chanyeol, planning to call Kris before I sleep.

But here I am, still waiting for him to pick up my call.

I look at the clock in my handphone, 7:05am, I still have time since the school starts at 8am. I lazily walk to the bathroom to take a bath, getting ready to go to the school.

After the refreshing bath, I put on my uniform and tie my hair into a ponytail. I notice Chanyeol hasn’t wake up yet. How lucky to be in bed, sleeping peacefully, when everyone else is getting ready for school.

I check myself in front of the mirror for the last time, taking my bag and handphone with me and go to the kitchen.

“Morning sweetheart” My mom smiles at me, giving me a plate with fried rice. I eat my breakfast in silence, glancing at my handphone placed on the table near me once in a while. Why is Kris still doesn’t show up yet? He always has his breakfast at my house before we both walk to the school together.

I sigh. It seems like I’ll be walking to the school alone today. Finishing my breakfast, I bid my goodbye to my mom.

“Is Kris not going to school today? Do you want me to send you?” My mom asks.

“I don’t know, he doesn’t tell me anything. I’ll be fine alone” I answer her, and walk to the front door to wear my shoe.

“Hi Haneul!” Chanyeol greets me as he walks down the stairs. I smile at him.

“School today?” I nod.

“Going alone?” I nod, again.

“Mom, I’m going now. Goodbye Chanyeol” I shout, loud enough for my mom to hear and wave at Chanyeol. He waves back, smiling.

My walk to school today is boring without Kris. I wonder what’s wrong with him. If he is going to absent today, he will for sure inform me first. After 10 minutes walking, I finally reach the school. 7:45am. Still early. I walk to the motorcycle parking lot for students, hoping to see Kris there.

Yes, he is there, having a conversation with Tao. “Ben Ben!” I call out his name. He turns and looks at me, then he walks away. Tao following him from behind. I stand there, confused by his action.

I run towards them and stop in front of both of them, blocking their way. He waves at Tao, signaling him to go to the class first to which Tao nods before smiles at me and heads to the class.

“You didn’t answer my calls” I say, turning him so now he is facing me. He stares right into my eyes, and hugs me out of a sudden. Startling me. I’m aware with the glares I receive from other students but I ignore them.

“Do you like that Yoda boy so much? You just ignored me that night” he says, not breaking the hug.

“Yoda? You mean Chanyeol? I’m sorry if I offend you, I don’t mean it” I reply him. He looks down at me, trying to look cute by biting his lower lip.

“I don’t like sharing you with someone else, Haneul. Not even with Tao” he says as he holds my hand and brings it close to his chest where his heart is.

“asdfghjklzxcvbnmasdzxc” I can’t hear what Kris said because the bell rings, showing the class is going to start soon. I see Kris has disappointment in his eyes. I wonder what he says. 

 

 

 

 

Author's note : 

Chapter 3 is out! 

Oh! his is actually Huang Zitao! New character is in :D haha. 

What a perfect time for the bell to ring. Poor Kris, his chance has ruined because of that damn bell.

Indirect confession, failed

Try again, Kris. Next time maybe ;)

Thanks for the support, subscribers and silent readers.