The Past Revealed

Runaway... You don't need me

              It was about 2:30 in the morning when Bobby got the shock of his life. He was sleeping happily in his bed one moment and then next he was flipped out of bed with someone screaming bloody murder. That somebody happened to be Jinwoo who was running to the other bed screaming “get up” at the other bed’s occupant, a disgruntled B.I. Jinwoo almost got hit by B.I. who awoke with snort and started flailing on instinct. Jinwoo dodged the punch and ran out of the room still yelling his mantra of “get up”. Bobby slowly climbed out bed and jammed a snack back out of his head and found some pants because if Jinwoo was in their house there was a good chance that the other WINNER members were there too and Bobby wasn’t going to walk into the living room, nope, not at all. He looked over to see B.I. pulling on a Mickey-mouse sweatshirt over his head and being the trek to the living room. Bobby groaned and followed him to the living room flopping on the couch nearly on top of B.I. and closing his eyes again. Eventually Taehyun dragged a barley-awake Jinhwan into the room followed by Yunhyeong and Junhoe came complaining loudly afterwards, “Who gave you the idea that 5 in the morning was an acceptable time to visit someone. Are you all insane?” Minho just slapped him on the back of the shoulder, which sent him into a whole new whining spree as he flopped down into the smaller couch. Finally bobby opened his eyes and sat up. He noticed that everyone was gathered, Winner and Team B, in their living room and he made eye-contact with B.I. who shrugged having no idea why they were their anyway. Just then, Junhoe voiced the thoughts of his team in a blunt way, “Why the hell are you here?”

          “Language, dongsang-ah,” Minho scolded, “and if you must know it was because Got7 called and they have news.” Instantly, the mood became very serious and everyone looked attentively at Minho who simply said, “Today at 14:00.” Right away, everyone from team B stood up and began to get ready to leave. Soon, they were all rushing out the door and towards the appointed meeting point. They burst onto the rooftop where Got7 was waiting. “News...JB…. You promised…now,” panted Minho.

     “And News you will get you might want to calm yourself down and sit down for this one.” JB responded. At this the former WIN alliance did sit down and braced themselves for the news. “JR first please.” JB commanded.

       “Alright so I went to the crime scene with Mark,” JR reported. “And while there we found almost nothing there other than a few pieces of Donghyuk’s cell-phone and then right as we were about to leave there was a lighter hidden underneath a fallen pile of boards. And the lighter looks like it was last used around the time Donghyuk was kidnapped and thank god that these people are stupid enough to put their insignia on it. It was a red lion with a scorpion’s tail. We found out that this belongs to a gang which is based out in Daejon with the intent to hack the government because they want to control illegal drug, stock, and blackmarket trade. There was a lot of activity from them until about 11 years ago and then recently it has picked back up.” JR nodded that he was done speaking and then stepped back into his place and line throwing his arm around Mark.

       “Thank you JR,” JB said, “Now I know that it might not make sense right now but it will all come together in the end. So next, Jackson.”

        “Ok so I spoke with a lot of the people whose alliances were wiped out and managed to get into new ones. They said that in that transition where you are looking for your alliance there is a few kind of war-lords people that you get behind. They say that the strongest of those lords form gangs that don’t follow the same rules the acknowledged ones do. They said that in 2102 because so many guppies were cut because new alliances appeared there was high activity and new recruits for these gangs and yeah that’s all.” Jackson wrapped up his speech and stepped back into line behaving for once.

        Apparently getting some telepathic signal from their leader Bam Bam stepped out next. “So Yugyeom and I went out to explore and gather news from the guppies and the word on the street is that there has been some more disapperaces rather than just the regular dropouts. And all of them had two things in common. They all had been affiliated with DEF Training Academy. We found an old photo with Donghyuk in it. We don’t know exactly what he specialized in but apparently he was very good at it. His photo was with the elite team. We asked around with some of our sources inside the academy. They wouldn’t tell us anything and one even warned us not to ask further about Donghyuk’s past.”

         “Lastly, Youngjae and I did research on Donghyuk’s family and early life. It seems that your maknae was very smart. He was a class president and apperantly ranked first in several subjects during elementary. During his high school years he disappeared altogether.” JB stated and Youngjae took over, “As for family connections, he has absolutely none in gangs. I managed to find a contact for his sister.” He handed a paper to B.I.. “The next sighting of him was at DEF.”

         “Wait you mean that shady academy for guppies and mercenaries,” Minho asked. They were on guard because DEF was a place were mercenaries were trained and if they were liked by an alliance they were picked as guppies. Mercenaries were groups of elite trained soldiers that had no alliance but could be hired by a gang to defend their turf. The fact that they had no alliance made them flexible as spies or loyal servants depending on their pay. The fact that Donghyuk had trained with him meant he was very desperate at that point of time. It was a well-known fact that DEF kids were taken off the street and not able to contact any family.

     “Well, DEF is not what you need to be worried about,” Jr. interrupted the train of thought. “I managed to find an article and an obituary that are slightly concerning to me and might just be the answer to who has your maknae.”

   “Well get on with it,” B.I. said when Jr. took a pause.

     “There was a man named Kim JinSeok who passed away about eleven years ago. His obituary said that he was a loving husband and father to two. He died in a freak accident. It was eventually ruled a suicide but the police notes I got a hold of say it look like an attempted kidnapping and his pockets and car were searched. Mr. Kim was also a government scientist working in a military division. So here’s my connection, Donghyuk’s dad died around the same time as Mr. Kim and around the same time this particular gang went underground. Donghyuk began showing up in the public eye as a known member of Team B about a year ago. This is when this gang’s activity picked up. So what I’m thinking is that Donghyuk is the son of Kim JinSeok. It would certainly explain how he is so smart. Well even more interestingly the police notes said that Mr. Kim had just finished working on a new weapon for the military which was locked in a secret cabinet. Kim had assured the militarty that no one would ever accesses it but him as he always took one part out of it before he put it in the cabinet. The cabinet’s lock was also custom built with only two keys. One of which is in government possession but ½ destroyed from the car accident meaning the government cannot open the cabinet. So they moved this weapon to a facility where unfortunately it was stolen. Then this gang’s activity picked up. I’m thinking that the gang stole it.” Jr. finished up his explination and there was a few moments of silence before the Jinhwan started swearing.

       “What,” everyone said at the same time looking at him expectantly.

         “Donghyuk once told me that he liked to go to work with his Dad during his breaks from school and he even helped work on the last thing he was working on before he died.”

        “So that means…” B.I. said, “Donghyukie probably worked on the weapon with his Dad and knowing that kid’s memory he knows exactly how to assemble that weapon and where the key is.”

“Well that makes it much worse,” Youngjae said. “This gang, if you can even call them that, is known for how they get their information. Since it’s a war-lord gang it doesn’t submit to the same rules all the alliances do. So they torture their prisoners mentally and physically. Most don’t live past two weeks. So you must hurry and get Donghyuk out before those two weeks are up. Its already been four days so that leaves you with a little less than a week before you must get him before the torture kills him.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First update in a long time yeah!! Claps hands, a lot has changed guys this is a doubble update. I've been busy but thank you to all my new subscribers! Im doing finals so the updates should be a lot faster this time. I finsh school wendsday which means Im going to try to have another chapter up a week from then! thanks for all the support!