Past is in the Past

Flower Crown

I was dumbfounded. The teacher was teaching her lesson, and I was sitting right next to D.O. I couldn't focus on the lesson. He was keep staring at me. He wasn't the only one who was staring at me, everyone was. I glanced and saw many confused, angry eyes. Girls were jealous, and guys were confused. I wasn't used to this much attention, then I felt scared.

What if I get bullied again? A little shiver and cold air got in my spine.

                                                       .                                 .                                .

 

•8th Grade

.

.

It was the first day of 8th grade that got messed up.

After my friends and I got lunch, we noticed the quad was crowded with people. Then I saw the popular, pretty girl Dasom and the popular, perfect Sehun. I was fluttered by his beauty. They were talking, and I realized Dasom had asked Sehun out. People cheered, and they were excited to see the perfect couple. I wasn't really interested, but my friends pushed themselves and I to the in front of the crowd to see better. Then it happened. I tripped, and I spilled all of my lunch at Dasom. Wow. Smooth, I know.

She looked awful after the spill. Her clothes were ruined, and her mascara smudged. I didn't know what to say because I was scared. I've heard awful rumors about her that she bullies everyone who gets on her nerves. She was angry to the max. She had that look that she could kill someone right now.

"I'm sorry," Sehun said suddenly to Dasom, "I like someone else." Then he left just like that.

Dasom was first absentminded, but then she exploded with anger. Then she whispered with a death stare, "It's all because of you." Her face turned red with embarrasement and stomped out of the crowd.

I felt everyone's eyes on me. I quickly tried to find my friends, but they were gone. Suddenly, a cold water was splashed into my face. I jumped with a surprise.

"It's all because of you." Dasom said after she splashed the water. Then she smiled. That smile I could not forget. That smile that started all of my bad luck.

 

                                                .                              .                             .

 

•Present

 

"Hello?" D.O called me.

"Wait what? Huh?" I said in a surprise voice.

"You've been daydreaming the whole period, haha"

"Oh. Is it lunch now?"

"Yeah. Let's go!"

"Wait, let us go? I'll go alone."

D.O stopped and gazed at me. His gaze felt somehow, welcoming. I swear he could lure everyone with that look.

Suddenly, I felt my heartbeat beating faster than it usually was. Then, I started to feel excited, excited to feel that my life might change through him.