Unexpectedly Expected

Flower Crown

So...I started liking D.O, and I thought there was no way for him and I to date. That's just impossible; he is perfect that no one accomplished dating him.

The lunch that he asked me to eat with him was basically start of my new life. People started to talk to me with interest, and they never left out talking about D.O. I really don't know if I deserve to be his "friend", but it wasn't bad at all. He talked to me and joked around with me. It was as if he really was my boyfriend... What am I thinking! Nope. It will not happen. I didn't want to expect more from him from this.  

Apparently, a lot of girls despised me. I did expect that, though. They all liked D.O but failed to even have a good conversation with him. That got me to think, why is he doing all this to me?

Maybe it was a dare, or maybe it was a joke. Many things went on my head whether to trust him or not.

                                                     .                     .                    .

Time went on, and it was the last week of school. Nothing special happened, but it changed me a lot. I got fake friends, D.O as my bestfriend, and even guy friends. I liked D.O more and more. He was literally my dream guy.

One of my fake friend who likes D.O came up to me one day and said, "Are you and D.O gonna date?" I didn't know what to say at first, but I knew what answer the girl wanted.

"Of course not.. We are just best friends! You like him a lot, don't you. Ask him out one day!" As I said this, I realized how I was the best liar in the world. Honestly, I wanted her to know I like him too, but I didn't really want to lose a friend even if she was fake. I was still scared of loneliness.

As days went by, I was beginning to feel as if D.O really liked me. I thought it wasn't true, but I wanted to believe so.

 

I was walking toward my locker and saw D.O's back. I was gonna go up to him, but I heard his conversation with his friend.

"Don't you like Naeun? Ask her out already." His friend said.

"I..," He hesitated and looked like he remember something, "I won't ask her out."

"Why?"

"I want to be just friends with her."

As I heard this unexpectedly expected conversation, my heart shattered silently but violently. I quickly went away from him and went to the bathroom. I couldn't stop the tear from my eyes, it was unbearable. I knew I expected this, but it just broke my heart. My fragile heart could not stand the broken dream.