Chapter 13

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Luhan groaned as he came to. His vision was hazy and his body was numb. He was feeling dizzy and extremely nausea. If it were not for his empty stomach, he would have threw up all over the place.

 

Quietly, he laid down and waited for the horrible sensations to fade away. With his eyes squeezed shut, he inhaled the cold, dry air into his lungs. It took a few minutes before he was able to get back on his feet. Luhan looked around, only to find Kris and Chanyeol laying on the snow.

 

Wait. Snow?

 

He spun around, not knowing where he was. There were something else on the ground, so he went for a closer inspection. Feathers? A bird's nest? Thinking that they were in a cave, he called out.

 

"Hello?!"

 

"Ah! You're awake."

 

A voice came out of nowhere, startling Luhan. The white wolf had his back against the wall, eyes glancing around. Somehow, the voice sounded familiar.

 

"Oh, I didn't mean to startle you. How are your feeling now?"

 

That was right. The voice belonged to the Desert Hawk, but where was it?

 

"A little bit better. Where are you?"

 

Luhan heard the bird chuckled. 

 

"I'm right next to you."

 

Next to him? It left him puzzled until he saw the roof of the cave moving. Wait. Could it be?

 

"No way. Is that your wing?!"

 

"Well, yes. There aren't any caves nearby for us to take shelter. The snowstorm here is pretty bad, especially for the three of you who passed out from sudden attitude and climate shift."

 

"But what about you? Aren't you cold?"

 

"A little bit. The temperature is not that different from the desert during the night. Beside, it's you who should worry about yourself."

 

The bird was right. Even though there were snow during the winter back home, there were not any snowstorms. This was a first for Luhan, and perhaps even for the other two as well. But where was this place?

 

"Say, where are we now?"

 

"Oh, we've reached our destination and the black wolf went out to gather some information."

 

Tao?... That was right! He was the one who brought them here!

 

"Where did he go?"

 

The bird seemed hesitant for a bit before answering.

 

"He said there's a human settlement nearby and went there to find some information or whatever he's looking for."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter