Chapter 5

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kai was out patrolling when he heard a howl. It was from Chanyeol and seemed urgent. He was suppose to search for someone, but what? Nonetheless, he replied, howling as loud as he could. Well, that was another job for him and he pretty much did not like it. He was a hunter, not a scout. Chanyeol seemed to not want him to kill what he was after from the tone of his voice. It was a chase and he did not have a good feeling about it.

 

Not one bit.

 

Kai began sniffing the air. There was nothing out of the ordinary here - not until his eyes spotted something running in the woods. Without hesitation, he gave chase. The dark figure was running with incredible speed and agility that he had a hard time keeping up. However, he still had the advantage.

 

He focus hard on the figure and his vision of it seemed to zoom in up close until he could see what it was. A black wolf who was a bit larger, yet skinnier than himself. It seemed like it had not eaten anything for a long while now. Maybe Kai could subdue the wolf without actually killing it.

 

With a blink of an eye, Kai appeared and landed on top of the black wolf. They both stumbled and rolled on the dried leaves. Kai was smaller, but he had the advantage by being on top. Quickly, he pinned the wolf down by the throat as it struggle to get back up. It was thrashing around, but all of a sudden it became silent and alert.

 

"What!?"

 

Kai growled, but the wolf paid him no mind. No it was distracted by something else.

 

The black wolf twitched his ears in alarm as his eyes strayed in random direction. Kai glanced around, but he neither saw nor heard anything. All of a sudden, the wolf kicked him hard in the stomach, making lost his balance. During the moment when his guard was dropped, the wolf kicked him to the ground before it dived for him. Kai saw the black wolf growling before blood spilled on the earth. 

 

Kris was angry beyond words. He should have killed that damn wolf when he had the chance instead of bringing him back. Now he had done god-knows-what to Lay and just ran off. The orange wolf was seemingly in a semi-coma and none of them knew what to do. Kris needed to drag that wolf back and get the answer out of him, even if it meant having to torture or beat him half dead.

 

Now, the three wolves were heading south, to where Kai was. They were not sure if the wolf was there, but with Chen still out cold they would need Kai to be able to track the wolf down quickly. Luhan and Chanyeol were running a bit further to his sides to increase their chances of picking up any tract of the wolf.

 

When they were close to the border, Kris picked up a strong metallic stretch. He growled when he pictured the possibilities of what could be happening right now. It could be in their favor - and it could also not. He knew it could be Kai and the wolf. There was a slim chance that Kai was on the losing side since they were well aware that the hunter hard time not killing things. However, they still need to hurry. He howled to the other two before picking up the pace.

 

The bloody scent got stronger with every step he took. Kris suddenly realized that they were heading towards the edge of the southern border. Uneasiness settled it his mind. He was not getting a good feeling from this. He howled through the wind to tell the other two to stay close. Now, the stench of whoever's blood was probably the only thing he could smelt. He could see the ledge outside the forest that separated his land from the deserted plain. The scene they were about to see was going to be a bloody one.

 

The moon was full and standing right in front of them as the three wolves came of the woods, eyes glancing around, looking for the source of the metallic scent. The narrow ledge was empty, no sign of anyone being here before them. Just as they were about to turn back and continue their search in the forest, all of them froze.

 

Out of instinct, the beast inside them took over and they growled in alarm. They struggled to held their emotions that were going haywire inside. Kris, who was well aware of the sudden tension in the atmosphere, quickly looked aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter