Chapter 16

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tao exited the small house, fresh blood drenched on his clothes. He carefully locked the door before he left. Those humans... He never understood why humans were such curious creature. At first they had only saw the scars on his body and even though he had told them that he healed it himself, they did not believe him. He did not intend to get caught in such situation and insisted on leaving. 

 

How foolish the doctor was....Just before Tao could get to the door, he grabbed ahold of him and accidentally knocked his hood off. Well he would be lying if he said he did not enjoy the look of fear on their faces. He did not know why humans associated werewolves like himself as monsters. So in the end, he ended up killing more people. Not that it mattered anyway. He was used to killing.

 

Tao came here with the intention of finding out a certain something. The human village right now was located at the exact same place where that person's home was supposed to be. He could not be wrong. The frozen pine tree that he saw when the bird was still hovering above ground was directly south from here across the crystal lake - exactly as he remembered them. He needed to find out if that person was still here on this land or had moved on to another place which was unlikely because on this land laid a certain person's resting place.

 

With his face hidden in the hood, he quietly snuck through the village to the other side. He halted his track and looked up. There was a commotion just a bit past the house with the label 'Blacksmith'. From the huge crowd blocking the road, he could tell that something big was going on. Having no intention of sticking around and finding out what it was about, he carefully made his way through the crowd since it was the only way out of town. However, as he was made his way across the tight space, something awfully familiar caught his ears.

 

"...Kris.......Chan-anyeol............."

 

Tao stopped and turned towards the center of the crowd. The moment he laid eyes on the bloody mess on the ground, he could felt his blood boiling. There was no mistake. It was Luhan! How did he- how did they find him?! No, he needed to keep his composure. Jumping in to save him was not a very good option at the moment because they were surrounded by humans. He stood no chance alone with his used up power. If he was going to save Luhan, he would need a better plan.

 

"Hey! This one's still alive!"

 

One of the two men in the middle of the crowd seemed to notice Luhan's weak howl and kicked him in the ribs, earning a mix of a low growl and a whine. Tao had to bite his lips while watching this. He had to dug his claws into his palms to prevent himself from tearing the two men into chunks of bloody mess. 

 

"Leave him. He'll die soon enough. Now how much do ya all wanna pay for this one? Been forty years since anyone caught anything like this."

 

"Fifty!"

 

"Sixty!"

 

"I'll pay ninety!"

 

"A hundred fifty!"

 

The crowd was going wild, trying to win the interest of the two men. Tao knew about the basic of trading around here from the conversation his previous victims ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter