Just Call Me Oppa!

My Best Friend's Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

Let’s say Bomi had to rank her most embarrassing moments ever… This would have to be number one… more than that time she was wearing her new white denim shorts and Hayoungie accidentally left chocolate pudding on her seat… more than that time that she was walking Eunji’s giant great dane puppy (you know, the one that she was allergic to?) and it ended up pulling her and making her trip on a rock – in front of a cute guy, no less.

 

Okay, okay. So she was exaggerating a bit… but this was almost there. Almost.

 

She scrambled to her feet and dusted off any imaginary leaves and twigs that may have ended up on her shorts, as she realized that they had spent a whole minute staring at each other after he had startled her.

 

Obviously, Ilhoon couldn’t hold in his laughter at this point, since the whole situation was too amusing (and by amusing, he meant completely and absolutely adorable.) It hadn’t taken him too long to find his angel because she was literally only about twenty feet away from where he had been sitting earlier. The image of Bomi crawling next to a bush and poking her head out would more than likely be ingrained into his mind since it was such a sight to see.

 

“Hey…” he greeted her again after he finally stopped laughing at her expense. “Looking for me?”

 

“Uhh………… H-h-hi!” a red-faced Bomi responded, not even bothering to answer his question. Their planned outfits left nearly no room for doubt of who the other was (bomber jacket – black jeans for Ilhoon, sweatshirt with black stripe – denim shorts for Bomi).

 

“Hi…” Ilhoon responded back with a warm smile. This was it… they were finally meeting for real.

 

“Hi.” Bomi said again, this time responding with her own smile. Her blush disappeared as something about him – she hardly knew what, but just something made her feel more at ease.

 

“Uhh… so…” Ilhoon rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He watched the girl as seemed to have trouble with responding.

 

“H-hi!” she stuttered a greeting again and her blush came back two-fold.

 

'Oh my god... did I just do that?' Bomi mentally face-palmed. This situation, their meeting, everything was just so, so painfully awkward, and that fact didn’t seem to escape them.

 

“I think that’s the most times that someone’s ever said hi to me in less than ten minutes.” A goofy smile played on Ilhoon’s lips as he attempted to lighten the mood.

 

Immediately, they both burst into laughter and the awkward feelings dissipated. Bomi was infinitely thankful that he didn’t react in a way that made her feel like an raging idiot… and Ilhoon was thankful that he was able to bring that smile back on to her face.

 

Contrary to popular belief, Ilhoon could probably count the number of dates he’s had on one hand. His usually cool demeanor was what brought girls to liking him, but his unusually awkward demeanor that came about when he was with girls that he truly liked? Well… let’s just say that it made him a very quiet date.

 

The fact that this wasn’t even supposed to be his date was what made him bolder on this particular meeting, but Ilhoon would be lying if he said that fifty percent of him didn’t want to run for the hills.

 

Their laughter started to dissipate just as the awkwardness had, and they found themselves standing beside that godforsaken bush and not doing very much else.

 

“So are you training for a marathon or something?” Ilhoon decided that it was a good time as any to bring up their oddly fateful encounter the day before. It definitely made for an interesting ice-breaker, and god knows that they really needed something to get the ball rolling on their date.

 

While no longer struck with the nerves that she had earlier, Bomi sure as heck was confused…

 

“You seemed to disappear yesterday just as quickly…” He grinned as if he had an inside joke. He had figured as much that she may have been too distracted running away from her friend to even get a good look at his face.

 

‘Okay… school? Work…?’ She beckoned her mind to remember, but her memory was self-proclaimed crap. If there was anytime that Bomi had wished that she’d eaten more vegetables… it was ohhh….. right about now?

 

‘I’ve literally only been there this week aside from the mall…’

 

After thirty more seconds of racking her brain for what in the heck he was alluding to… Bomi’s eyes widened as it finally dawned on her. The boy she completely rammed into… which to be honest, she hadn’t even given a second thought to.

 

“THAT WAS YOU?!” she shouted loudly enough for the pigeon lady to look up and stare. “Omo, I’m so sorry! UGH COULD THIS GET ANY WORSE, PABO?!”

 

Again with the endearing self-berating, as Bomi knocked her head lightly with her fist. As cheesy as it sounded, Ilhoon didn’t think that he had ever met anyone that had struck his fancy this quick. They seriously had only been in each other’s presence for about maybe, say… ten minutes? But… ten minutes, it somehow was just enough.

 

While Ilhoon was busy once again fawning over the quirky girl in front of him, Bomi was wishing she could dig a twenty-foot hole and jump to her death, while also pondering ways that she could make it up to the poor boy (as she had faithfully promised the day before).

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter