I'm Love Sick, Girl.

My Best Friend's Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So uhh…. You’re actually making me do this, aren’t you…?” Bomi concentrated on carefully loosening the laces of her black hi-top converse while Ilhoon watched her from above.

 

“Yeah!” Ilhoon shouted excitedly. “Girls aren’t usually begging to beat me up on dates!”

 

“Oppa, I didn’t exactly beg you… heck, you’re the one begging me!” Bomi stuck her tongue out playfully after grumbling a response, to which Ilhoon could only chuckle in return.

 

Despite the fact that Ilhoon could only stare dumbly at her for about five seconds after her admission (which only led the poor girl to believe that she had introduced another foot-in-mouth moment), he was, in fact, super amazed. It was only after Ilhoon yelled “DAEBAK!!!” that Bomi let out a small sigh of relief.

 

Although Bomi was a tad bit embarrassed at having blurted it out, there was no denying that a large part of her had always been proud of working her buns off at the dojo and finally arriving at her aforementioned black belt (and therefore, very eager to show it off!).

 

He insisted that she show him some moves, which brings us to our current scene. Ilhoon waiting patiently (still wondering in amazement at the small girl in front of him who could probably pack a can of whoop-a** should she be attacked) as Bomi finished unlacing her shoes and placing them on the bench.

 

“Okay… Are you ready for my super-amazing-awesome taekwondo demonstration?!” Bomi haughtily shouted to him as if he were apart of a large audience in one of her tournaments. Ilhoon’s excitement had succeeded in boosting up both her confidence and her willingness to impress him.  

 

Ilhoon couldn't help but laugh at this new silly side of Bomi, as he played along and imitated a crowd roaring for the girl in front of him.

 

“WHOOO!!! HWAITING!!!” smiling and cheering encouragingly, Ilhoon was too stoked to even care who was around.

 

Bomi rose up and noticed that he was only two feet in front of her.

 

“Aishh.. That won’t do…” and she grabbed both of his arms and pushed him forward another foot. Of course, Bomi was already in an all-business all-taekwondo attitude, and didn’t know that the poor boy in front of her had instantly blushed head-to-toe from just that small amount of contact.

 

Time stopped for just a second, and as Bomi let go of his arms and stepped back once again… Ilhoon released the breath that he hadn’t known he was even holding. 

 

‘Ahh, stop it, Ilhoon!’ he chided himself while trying to calm down. ‘Get a hold of yourself, this is Minhyuk’s pen-pal…’

 

The girl in front of him was (thankfully) too busy stretching to notice Ilhoon patting his cheeks in a futile attempt to lessen his blush. Regardless of his endeavors, Ilhoon couldn’t stop thinking of how close their faces had been…

 

‘Okay, Yoon Bomi… Show him everything you’ve got!’ she gave herself a mental pep-talk as she got ready to execute a high-kick.

 

Unfortunately, at this very moment, Ilhoon noticed a tiny baby squirrel lurking behind Bomi as she began to move her foot in order to start her taekwondo demonstration (which Ilhoon was too preoccupied to pick up on the fact that it was about to be a kick…)

 

“Ohh, wait!!” Ilhoon cried suddenly and stepped forward. Of course, in that split-second, Ilhoon’s movement frightened the small squirrel and caused it to run towards a tree in the opposite direction.

 

‘Ahh thank g—‘

 

BAAAM!!!

 

Bomi’s socked foot uppercutted Ilhoon’s nose like a lead weight… She was a second too late and furthermore, might I remind you, waaay too eager to notice that her poor victim was advancing towards her. She wanted to say that she tried to stop her foot mid-kick, but in actuality, Bomi didn’t even realize what happened until her foot went straight into an object…

 

“Oh crap.” Bomi whispered to herself.

 

And as the boy practically fell into a heap before her, one thought ran through Bomi’s head…

 

‘Eunji’s gonna slaughter me. Bye-bye 2ne1…’

 

Simultaneously, the thought that crossed Ilhoon’s mind was…

 

‘Damn that squirrel…’

 

And to be honest, this specific comment was directed at not one, but two squirrels that he could think of.

 

 

“Hey Eunji-dear, can you go and clean table 2 please?” Hyuna asked her co-worker just as the after-school rush finally died down. She always had a saccharine sweet smile pasted on her face when she was trying to be sly… And this specific occasion was no different.

 

Eunji looked over at the table in the back left corner that had coffee drips and straw wrappers strewn all over its’ surface. She suddenly feared the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter