Chapter 5

To Be A Lady

As Moonbyul approached room 247, she could hear the soft sounds a piano being played. What did Solar have panned for her? She peered through the door and saw Solar playing a piano. A small stage was across from the piano. She opened the door silently, not wanting to disturb the other girl.

“Solar, what’s going on?” Moonbyul whispered.

Solar grinned as she saw Moonbyul and continued to play the piano.

“When the rain is blowing in your face and the whole world is on your case. I could offer a warm embrace to make you feel my love. When evening shadows and the stars appear and there is no one there to dry your tears. I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love. I know you haven't made your mind up yet, but I would never do you wrong. I've known it from the moment that we met. No doubt in my mind where you belong,” Solar sang.

Moonbyul stared in shock as she was moved by Solar’s voice.She probably looked like a fool staring at her. Solar looked up at Moonbyul with a beaming smile after she finished playing on the piano and Moonbyul could have sworn that her heart skipped a beat. “

Did you like it?” Solar asked as she turned to face Moonbyul.

“Like it? I loved it, Moonbyul said. “Your voice is so beautiful just like you.”

It took a few moments for Solar to realize what Moonbyul was saying and she couldn’t stop herself from blushing. “Yah, don’t say weird things like that!” She couldn’t contain the giant smile on her face.

“I’m just being honest.” Moonbyul smirked at the shorter girl.

“Ah... Can you play the piano?” Solar turned away from Moonbyul, hoping that they can change this embarrassing topic.

“Nope, but I want to learn.” Moonbyul sat down next to Solar and stared at the piano keys in front of her.

“Want me to teach you?” Solar hummed a soft tune as her slender fingers danced over the keys.

A smile of genuine admiration appeared on Moonbyul’s lips as she was mesmerized by the girl sitting next to her. Solar looked like an angel playing the piano so effortlessly.

“So beautiful” Moonbyul whispered.

“Huh?” Solar took her hands off the keys and turned her head toward the taller girl.

“Uh yes can you teach me,” Moonbyul said quickly.

“Oh okay,” Solar grinned back. “Do you know how to read music?”

Moonbyul nodded as she went from staring at the piano keys and then back at Solar.

“That’s good. The black keys are used to play sharp and flat notes,” Solar explained. “See...” A strand of hair fell over Solar’s face and Moonbyul gently reached over and tucked it behind the shorter girl’s ear.

“No flirting in my room,” A female voice called out causing Solar and Moonbyul to quickly distance themselves.

“Unnie,”Solar said when she turned to see who had came into the room.

“We. I.. .no we weren’t flirting,” Moonbyul stuttered as she looked at the woman walking toward them.

“I’m joking,” the woman laughed. “I’m Esna. Who are you may I ask?”

“This is my roommate Moon Byul Yi,” Solar said.

“Nice to meet you.” Moonbyul wasn’t sure if she wanted to bow or curtsy so she did both.

“You don’t have to do that,” Esna chuckled. Moonbyul nearly jumped when she heard someone shout something in English.

“That’s bomb yo," Wheein shouted as she walked into the room with Hwasa.

“Yah shut up. Someone might hear you,” Hwasa said as she elbowed Wheein.

“Oh yeah,” Wheein giggled.

“Stop saying that Wheein,” Esna laughed.

“Esna unnie, is from the U.S.” Solar explained.

“We went out to eat with Esna unnie and after trying the pork rib soup, she said that’s bomb yo,” Wheein added.

“Wow,” Moonbyul stared at them all with a mix of amazement and confusion.

“Now Wheeny, won’t stop mentioning it,” Esna said.

“Because that’s bomb yo,” Wheein replied as she did a pose with two peace signs.

“You look like a baby that’s trying to be cool,” Hwasa stated bluntly.

“You look like a lion,” Wheein retorted.

“At least I look like a y lion,” Hwasa responded.

“Okay, that’s enough kids,” Esna said. “Time to chill."

“Yes, mom,” the best friends replied.

“Mom?” Moonbyul wondered if she heard correctly.

”It's just a nickname they have for me,” Esna replied. “Okay,, let’s get to work ladies.”

“Unnie, is our music teacher and the adviser of our little music club,” Solar whispered in Moonbyul’s ear.

Moonbyul could feel the heat rise up to her cheeks due to the close proximity and she forgot how to function in that moment until Esna spoke up.

“Yah, I said no flirting,” Esna said as she pointed toward the two older girls.

“You said you were joking,” Moonbyul and Solar said simultaneously. A smirk appeared on Esna’s face while Wheein and Hwasa stared at their two friends with looks of amusement.

“I mean we weren’t,” Moonbyul and Solar said. They both turned to look at each other in surprise.

“Why.. would I ...flirt ...with her?” Solar giggled as the pitch of her voice went higher.

“Yeah why would she?” Moonbyul agreed.

“Cause she likes you,” Hwasa said.

“No, cause she loves you,”Wheein added.

”She wants to kiss you,” Hwasa said boldly, challenging her friend to think of something better.

Wheein stared her Hwasa, a competitive glint in her eyes. ”She wants to marry her.”

“What... no...no...no..” Solar tried to deny everything but she couldn’t stop herself from giggling.

Moonbyul was too amused by Solar’s laugh to say anything else.

“Oh yeah, she wants to....” Hwasa shouted before Esna covered the maknae’s mouth with her hand.

“Okay stop before Solar giggles herself to death,” Esna said.

Solar was giggling/ gasping so hard that she had to cover with her hands.

“For now chill out,’ Moonbyul whispered as she patted Solar’s back.

“Ten minute break for Solar to calm down,’ Esna said. “And for me to talk to these youngsters.” She sent a glare toward the maknaes. “

Run for it,” Hwasa and Wheein said as they took off running.

“Running will only make it worse,” Esna called out as she ran after the two. “

Uh, should we do something?” Moonbyul watched as Esna chased them into another room. “

No,” Solar said as her voice finally went back to normal.

“You okay?” Moonbyul gently rubbed Solar’s back. “

They're just weird,” Solar muttered. “Just so weird.”

“I can tell,” Moonbyul laughed. “I told you both to stop teasing your unnie so much,” Esna’s voice echoed from the other room.

“I can see how she got the mom nickname now,” Moonbyul said with a chuckle.

“I.. I don’t know how I’m friends with them,” Solar said as she propped herself up onto the stage and sat on the edge.

Moonbyul lifted herself onto the stage and took a seat next to Solar. “Sometimes you just connect with someone and you don’t know how it happens.”

“Like us?” Solar stared at the other girl’s eyes, searching for confirmation.

Moonbyul stared back at Solar in silence for a bit before her nose muscles moved upward and a giant grin appeared on her lips. “When did you become so cheesy?” She nudged Solar’s arm.

"What me?” Solar placed her hand over her chest as though she was extremely offended. “You’re the cheesy one!”

“i don’t think so,” Moonbyul countered with a laugh.

“You’re voice is beautiful like you,” Solar stated.

“Ey so cheesy unnie” Hwasa said.

Esna had Hwasa and Wheein ‘s arms linked with her. They all stared at the MoonSun couple with smiles on their faces.

“I didn’t say it,” Solar shouted. “We all heard you unnie,” Wheein added. “I only said what she said.” Solar pointed at Moonbyul who did her best to look as innocent as possible.

“Solar, it's okay to be cheesy,” Esna stated,

“What! What!” Solar’s signature laugh started to creep back in.

“Just admit your cheesiness,” Moonbyul said with a grin.

“I’m not! I’m not!” Solar whined. “I only said what she said before.”

“Sure,” Hwasa said with a smirk.

Solar looked around the room, completely stunned. How did she get herself into this situation where she is the one that looked cheesy? “I’m not the cheesy one,” she pouted.

“Awe so cute. Cheesy Solar.” Moonbyul wrapped her arms around Solar’s neck and embraced her.

“You’re the cheesy one,” Solar said.

“Shhhh.” Moonbyul placed two fingers over Solar’s lips. “It’s okay.”

Solar sighed in defeat as she removed Moonbyul fingers away from .

“Esna unnie,” Wheein said.

“Yes?” Esna turned her attention toward Wheein.

“Your voice is beautiful like you,” Wheein replied.

Esna let out a huge roar of laughter followed by Moonbyul and Hwasa.

“I didn’t say that!” Solar turned toward Moonbyul and smacked her in the arm. “Tell them the truth.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Moonbyul, smirked.

“Moon Byul Yi do you want to die,” Solar whispered.

“Only in your arms,” Moonbyul whispered back.

“So cheesy! So cheesy! She said something so cheesy!” Solar clapped happily. She finally had proof of Moonbyul's cheesiness.

“You sound really delusional right now,” Hwasa stated.

“But...but.. she said.” Solar stopped speaking when she saw all the stone faces looking at her. “I dislike you Moon Byul Yi.” She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the girl next to her.

”You’re the best, Kim Yong Sun,” Moonbyul replied with a giant smile.

*Author's Note: I'm so sorry for the late update. I wanted so much to give up on this story because I've been so busy with work, writer's block and loosing interest in MoonSun. Who knew that could happen? Everyone's comments telling me to continue pushed me to finish this chapter and to finish this story since I don't want to leave you al hanging. Again I apologize for the very long update. Thanks to everyone who has been sticking with this story. I'm trying my best.