He's Back

Daydreams

Prompt: Woogyu on a beach vacation.

(A/N: not exactly a beach vacation, but they are on the beach)

Sunggyu smiled as he watched the dark grey clouds roll in and cover the sky. “We’re going to have to push back the shoot,” the director ordered with a groan. “Everyone, let’s go inside before it rains.” And Sunggyu was more than happy to follow that order. He wanted nothing more than to go back inside and away from the beach. He hated the beach.

He could appreciate the beauty of the beach, the white sand and the blue water, but you can do that from a safe distance, maybe from the balcony of a really nice hotel or like from the shack that they were currently hiding in. But he thoroughly disliked being on the beach. It was too hot. There was too much sun. And then the worst, there was water. Not just any water, but salt water that burns your nose or throat when you accidentally inhale it. Sunggyu hated that feeling. He also felt his stomach churn at the thought, and he rubbed it gently with his hand. He already had a sensitive stomach that weakened from travel and stress. He didn’t need to upset it anymore.

He wasn’t entirely happy when the company announced that they were going to film the Japanese version of “She’s Back” on Jeju. Yes, it was a relaxing place to film and was like a mini-vacation for the boys. But to Sunggyu, the beach was still the beach, and he didn’t like it. In fact the most relaxed that he felt the entire trip was right now, resting in the shack, sipping on juice that his manager had gotten for him. And it was kind of peaceful watching the storm clouds peer over the horizon and the waves being picked up by the wind. However, not everyone was so at peace.

“Hyung, let’s go play,” Woohyun, who was sitting next to him, begged. 

“Woohyun-ah, it’s raining,” Sunggyu plainly stated in return and continued to sip on his drink.

Woohyun shrugged, “We’re going to get wet by going in the water anyways.”

Sunggyu shook his head. “Don’t like it.”

Then there was a clap from behind his head. Sunggyu almost thought it was thunder until he saw the tiny frame of the shoot’s director. “But I do!” she announced. “Actually overcast days are good for photos, so even if we can’t film the video, we can at least get some decent photos. So who wants to go play?”

Sungyeol, Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Woohyun immediately sprang from their seats (Myungsoo was currently sleeping in the corner and Hoya was busy eating). Three of them went ahead and left the shack but Woohyun lingered behind. “Hyung, are you sure?” he asked again. “I know you really don’t like the water, so maybe I can help you get over that fear today. Dongwoo would help too, I’m sure.”

Sunggyu thought about it for a minute and chewed on his straw. “Nah,” he concluded. “You guys would just end up throwing me in and dunking me under the water. I don’t trust you.”

The frown on Woohyun’s face deepened. “Fine then,” he muttered. Then he turned around and yelled at the others, almost a bit too cheerful, “Hey guys! Wait for me!”

^^
Sunggyu watched the four of them frolic in the water from the safety of the shack. To be honest, he was feeling a little bored. The other two were sleeping, and he had tried to, but his stomach was acting up too much. Laying down made it worse. Maybe I should have gone, he thought. But then he saw Woohyun and Sungyeol pounce on Dongwoo and dunk the eldest into the water. Nope, Sunggyu thought and shook his head. It’s better that I stayed here.

Or so he thought.

But for the rest of the day, Woohyun was giving him the cold shoulder, opting to play with Hoya and Dongwoo when they resumed shooting. And when the director had suggested that the main vocals sit under the umbrella together, Woohyun said that he’d rather try surfing, and Sungjong volunteered to sit with Sunggyu instead. It’s probably better this way, Sunggyu thought as he ruffled the maknae’s hair in front of the cameras. Woohyun would have tried to bury me in the sand. 

Sunggyu thought that it was safer for him this way, but that was before Dongwoo snuck up from behind and gave him a mini heart attack. Sunggyu swore that some of the members were going to send him to an early grave.
^^
It was nearing the end of the shooting and the sky was growing yellow. Sunggyu was laying out onto a lounge chair next to Sungyeol and Dongwoo. They were watching Woohyun and Hoya swim in the pool, shirtless of course. It would bound to be a scene that would send fangirls into a tizzy. Sunggyu wondered if he should’ve volunteered for the role, but then looking at the loathsome water and then down at his soft stomach, it was probably better this way. No one would want to see his body when they had Hoya and Woohyun with toned muscles (and even Sungyeol was bulking up everyday). Sunggyu clasped his hands on his stomach and closed his eyes. 

But then they quickly opened again after hearing worried murmurs and feeling the tension rising. “Did he really get hurt?” Sungyeol asked in disbelief. “Did he really get hurt without making a noise?” Sunggyu got up and saw Sungyeol already making his way to the other side of the pool. Sunggyu turned to his other side and saw the spot now empty and Dongwoo following close behind Sungyeol’s long strides. Sunggyu’s eyes followed the duo until he could see Woohyun’s and a towel wrapped around his head. The director was kneading the soft fabric into his forehead with a guilty look on her face. Woohyun was hurt.

Sunggyu finally got up from his chair and walked around to check out his friend. “Woohyun-ah,” he called out to the other. “Come over here and let me see.”

Woohyun didn’t come closer, but he did turn around, showing off his scraped elbows as he lifted up his wet fringe and revealed the bruising mark on his forehead. He put his arm down and laughed in embarrassment. “It was too shallow,” he explained as he looked to the side. “I’m only around 170 cm.”

Sunggyu scoffed. Woohyun, even now, was being lenient with his height. He was always the one to try to maintain his image. “Director,” Sunggyu spoke and the woman turned towards him. “Can Hoya finish filming this part?” Woohyun looked at the leader and frowned at that suggestion.

But the director smiled warmly at him. “He’s already in the pool with the cameraman,” she stated. And sure enough, Sunggyu turned just in time to see Hoya dive down under the water.

“Good,” he said. Sunggyu then turned towards the maknae. “Sungjong-ah, I have a first aid kit in my bag. Can you go get it?” Sungjong nodded and dashed off into the direction of their managers. “And you,” Sunggyu turned towards Woohyun. “You come with me.”

“Why should I?” Woohyun challenged but he was still following the leader around the pool, wrapping a towel around his chest.

Sunggyu waited until they were out of earshot of the crew. “It’s better this way,” he said in a hushed tone. “Unless you want 20 people to fret over you, making you feel more embarrassed, or you can have just me make a fuss over you.” He led Woohyun to the lounge chairs and made the younger sit down with him.

“You’re just upset that I was the center of attention,” Woohyun argued tightening his grip on the towel. “With the amount I talked today, I’ll probably be the star of the documentary.”

“Then you worked hard today,” Sunggyu praised and lifted up the other’s fringe. He winced after seeing the wound up close. He inhaled sharply, “Ow! That must’ve hurt. And you really didn’t make a sound?”

“It didn’t hurt that much,” Woohyun replied and pulled his head away. “I’m a tough guy.”

“Whatever you say…Oh! My bag’s here,” Sunggyu exclaimed. He pulled the bag from underneath the lounge chair and opened it up, taking out the first aid kit.

Woohyun looked at it curiously. “You actually brought that?” he asked as he watched Sunggyu open it up and take out rubbing alcohol and bandages.

“I lead a very accident-prone team,” Sunggyu replied in a distracted tone as he was pouring liquid onto a.cottonball. “Dongwoo or I try to bring one wherever we go just in case. Now give me your arm.” Woohyun just looked up at him and brought the towel even closer to his body. Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Give it,” he demanded and reached into the towel to take out Woohyun’s arm. He then began dabbing the cotton ball onto the scrapes.

“Aish!” Woohyun cursed and winced in pain. “That stings!”

Sunggyu grinned. “And this is the guy who didn’t make a sound when he hit the bottom of the pool,” he teased.

“Well,” Woohyun began as he watched Sunggyu take away the cotton ball and replace it with a band aid. “The water might’ve helped to cover some of my screaming.”

“I thought so,” Sunggyu added. He then lifted up Woohyun’s bangs again, holding a new cotton ball profusely soaked in rubbing alcohol. “It’s going to sting,” he warned.

“Just do it!” Woohyun exclaimed, and to his surprise, Sunggyu treated his forehead more gently then his elbow. Woohyun opened his eyes (he had closed them when he saw the blasted cotton ball get closer to his face) only to see Sunggyu concentrating on cleaning up the wound. And there was something about the elder’s expression that made him look like a caretaker. Woohyun grinned and teased, “I feel like you’re filling in for my mom.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he tossed the cotton ball aside and tore the plastic off from the bandage. “Then what? You’re my child? Do you want me to kiss your boo-boos to make them all better?” he joked.

“Eung,” Woohyun agreed as he felt the band aid being pressed onto his forehead. But then he felt something else being pressed onto the spot shortly after, over the bandage. Something soft and warm.

Sunggyu pulled back. “All better?” he asked.

“Nu uh,” Woohyun protested cutely shaking his head. “My elbow still hurts too,” he whined, ing his arm out between them.

The elder chuckled and grabbed the arm, planting a kiss at his elbow. “There,” he announced and tapped the elbow softly. “Are you better now?”

Woohyun shocked his head again. “Hyung, I hurt somewhere else,” he revealed.

Sunggyu’s eyes darted all over the other, wondering where else the injuries lied. He hadn’t thought Woohyun had gotten hurt anywhere else. “Where?”

“When you didn’t want to play with me today, it really hurt my feelings,” Woohyun answered and jutted out his lower lip.

“Tch!” Sunggyu scoffed. “I can’t kiss that.”

Woohyun leaned in closer and spoke in a low voice, “You can.”

“Hm?” Sunggyu also leaned in, but something told Woohyun that the elder already knew the answer. Sunggyu’s eyelids were growing heavier and his eyes were looking right…

“Here,” Woohyun whispered, pointing at his lips. His lips that were growing warmer under Sunggyu’s hot breath and his own lips only a few centimeters away. All they needed was a little push then…

“HYUNG!” the both of them pulled back at the maknae’s cry. Sungjong was running over to them as fast as his legs could carry him and carrying a large bag in his hands. “I couldn’t find your bag, but I found Dongwoo’s,” Sungjong announced as he was panting and grappling with Dongwoo’s heavy bag.

“I already have it taken care of,” Sunggyu announced as he cleaned up the supplies. He then stood up. “I’m going to see what’s scheduled next for the shoot,” he announced and walked over to the director.

Sungjong groaned as he threw the heavy bag next to Woohyun, making the other bounce in his seat. “I had to go ALL the way to the car and dig through a bunch of crap and…ARGH!” he yelled and fell into the seat across from Woohyun. “Kim Sunggyu is a meanie.”

Woohyun frowned as he watched the leader talk animatedly with the director. “I agree.”