Stuck with You

Daydreams

Prompt: Sunggyu and Woohyun are stuck overnight in a bookstore together :D 

“Hyung, you’re a titanic ignoramus, and I genuinely hope you die of amenorrhea.”

“W-what?” Sunggyu turned his head towards his friend. Figures, he thought. Woohyun was sitting on the floor with his back resting on the bookshelf with a large dictionary in his lap.

“Okay,” Woohyun chuckled a bit. “You can’t die of that, but hyung, you have to admit that you can be an asinine meretrix  sometimes,” he continued to spout seeming nonsense as he leaned forward and rest his elbows on the book.

“You’re not helping,” Sunggyu grumbled back, taking a pin from his mouth and inserted it into the lock. He then brought his ear to the door and closed his eyes. “What I really need is complete silence,” he said in a low voice and listened as the pin scratched the inside of the lock, waiting to hear any sign of a click. “I think if I just…” He twisted the pin a bit more. And…nothing. “Forget this!” Sunggyu shouted throwing the pin on the ground.

“Oh, would you look at that? We’re still locked in the storage room,” Woohyun remarked as he his finger and turned the page. He was now flipping through a even larger book.

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu called out to him in a warning tone.

Woohyun lifted his eyes from the page and glowered at the elder. “You’re the one who locked us in here,” he spoke darkly.

Once, Sunggyu messed up only once since he got his job at the bookstore (whereas Woohyun had several little blunders almost daily), but it ended up being one, giant colossal mistake. He had accidentally locked the both of them into the storage room when they were taking inventory (who knew that the door automatically locked behind them when it closed. Well Sunggyu did, but he had a lapse in judgment). And now they were trapped together in the small room until the morning, when the owner of the shop would come to open it.

Also Sunggyu probably deserved the cold treatment that he was receiving from Woohyun. He was harder on Woohyun than the rest of the employees at the shop. As the manager, Sunggyu felt like he had to be. They were friends before the younger was hired at the store, and Sunggyu didn’t want to show favoritism. And when something went wrong in the shop, it was normally because of that dunderhead, who accidentally created a book avalanche when he thought he found a quicker way to stack books. But now the biggest either of them had made was because of Sunggyu. Karma.

Now to make matters worse, both of them were getting cranky from skipping dinner. And Woohyun was growing extra snippy.

“Du bist hässlich,” Woohyun snarled.

Sunggyu glared at him. “Are you cussing at me?”

“No,” Woohyun replied and showed the German phrasebook that he was now flipping through. “You know, there’s probably a book on picking locks.”

Sunggyu walked away from the infuriating door and leaned up against a large bag of puppets. He closed his eyes. “It’s impossible. Let’s just wait until morning,” he retorted as he snuggled into the bag. He’d tried his best to sleep through the rest of the night. But, something kept him from even falling into slumber. Some metallic scratching noises and soft curses. He opened his eyes and saw Woohyun now trying to pick the lock. The other had no idea what he was doing. Woohyun was furrowing his brow in concentration as he dug the pin into the lock, with his tongue peaking out of the corner of his mouth. Sunggyu could also tell that Woohyun was nowhere near giving up. If Nam Woohyun was in that dictionary now discarded on the floor, his picture would be under the word “stubborn.” And Kim Sunggyu wouldn’t be getting sleep anytime soon. So the elder got up from his spot and walked over to the corner of the storage room. He might as well have some fun.

^^

“Hyung!”

“WAH!” Sunggyu yelped and dropped the manga from his hands.

Woohyun chuckled as he picked up the fallen book. He clicked his tongue as he flipped through it. “Dirty, dirty,” he chided. He side-eyed the other. “Hyung, I had no idea that you were into this kind of stuff. And here I was, spending my time either expanding my horizons or trying to get us out of here, but you…” He looked down at the other, frowning. “You were being a ert.” He opened the manga again. “Just how many -shots are in here.”

Sunggyu tore the manga away from the other. “I was just curious. I see a lot of people buying this,” he excused himself.

“Whatever you say, hyung,” Woohyun responded in a distracted voice. He was currently scanning the shelves. “Ah!” he exclaimed after finding the one that he was looking for. “Here,” he said, pulling it from the shelf. He then handed it over to Sunggyu. “This is Myungsoo’s favorite.”

Sunggyu cocked an eyebrow as he scanned the cover, covered with flowers and a doe-eyed girl. “Really?” he challenged.

“Yea, I’d rather have you read that than the dirty rag that you were reading earlier. I’m just across the room, hyung! You can’t be doing anything inappropriate.”

“Yah!”

^^

Woohyun put down the book and rubbed his eyes. His head was spinning now. This was the third Magic Eye book that he had done, and the crossing and uncrossing of his eyes was starting to take a toll. He better stop. It was getting late too. Maybe he could finally fall asleep. Woohyun closed the book and placed it down next to him. Then he looked up, searching for the elder, mostly hoping that the elder hadn’t passed out on the bag of puppets so that he can sleep on it himself. But Woohyun was surprised to find Sunggyu still awake in the corner of the room, still reading the manga series that Woohyun had given him. Woohyun smiled. Sunggyu looked like he was getting pretty into it. Maybe his hyung was more innocent than he’d thought.

^^

Truth was,  Sunggyu was enjoying it, but probably for different reasons than Myungsoo had. Myungsoo who had ideas of an innocent love, but not Sunggyu. It’s not that Sunggyu believed in the opposite, but he found the manga intriguing because the main character reminded him of Woohyun. But there was a big difference. Whereas the girl in the comic book tried hard to gain the attention of the boy she liked, Woohyun was vying for everyone’s attention. However just like main, more often than not, Woohyun screwed everything up. But…but…there’s was just incredibly likable and admirable that in spite of all of their failures, that they kept trying.

^^

“Hey, you can’t sleep there,” Sunggyu said, kicking Woohyun’s feet. The younger had curled up on the bag of puppets, the only soft spot in the entire storage room. 

Woohyun opened his eyes and glared at the other. “Why not?”

“Because I want to sleep there.”

“Hyung,” Woohyun pulled himself up and was now resting on his elbows. “Why are you so mean to me?” He rubbed his eyes, avoiding the other’s gaze. “Not just now, but always.”

Sunggyu scoffed. “What? Are you still upset because I turned you down.”

Well now Woohyun was looking him in the eye with a gaze as sharp as daggers. He hated being reminded of that, as he should. But Sunggyu couldn’t help but to bring it up and see the disgruntled pout on Woohyun’s face. It reminded him of look on Woohyun’s face the day he’d confessed, when the younger had slipped a love note into Sunggyu’s favorite book, and when Sunggyu refused because it would be an inappropriate work relationship (even though they’d known each other beforehand). But Sunggyu had a feeling that the other wouldn’t give up so easily. Woohyun never gave up on anything.

“I’m sick of you making fun of my feelings,” Woohyun grumbled as he sat up straight. His eyes were filled with defiance. “I give up…I’m going to quit liking you.”

“Ah,” Sunggyu murmured with a nod. He bent down onto his knees to get down onto the other’s level. “So you’ll forget about me?” he asked as if he didn’t believe Woohyun’s threat.

“That’s right,” Woohyun spat back. “Now that I know what kind of person you are,” he growled, looking the elder up and down with a snarl on his lips. “And when I leave the bookstore next week and begin my job at the bank, I will forget about you and find someone better. I’ll never have to see your hässlich face again.”

That’s right. He’s leaving. Sunggyu leaned in closer. “Then try and forget about me,” he challenged. He kissed Woohyun’s lips, now slightly parted in surprise. He pulled back, now seeing the younger’s jaw unhinged. “Serves you right,” he teased. Sunggyu tried to get up while the other was still stunned.

But hands grabbed at his collar, pulling him back down. Woohyun kissed him back. “You’re still a jerk,” Woohyun said between kisses.

Sunggyu smiled. “I know.” He then finally dropped the manga from his hands (Itazura Na Kiss) so that he could hold the other’s cheeks, and he sat with Woohyun on the bag. In the end, he did get to sleep there, and it was more comfortable and warm sleeping next to Woohyun. Although the two were rudely awakened by the shop owner the next morning, who screamed seeing the two men together unexpectedly. However, even with that, this was a mistake that Sunggyu didn’t regret making.