nine

Ride Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With fear found in her eyes, Sana looked around. Crowds of people were in the area, she was completely lost. 

Lost once again, like the day when she ran away. 

Sana tried to stop her tears from flowing down her face, she shouldn't be marked vulnerable just because she's alone. 

No one actually knows every danger found in the world. 

Sana walked around, maybe she'd see Dahyun as she went ahead. 

Crowd after crowd, she walked past them, for she also wondered if Dahyun was there.

For each step that she took, the harder it was for her to breathe.

She was afraid, as always. That's what she thinks that she is. 

After long minutes of trying to escape from the crowd, she did. 

The far side of the  area, doesn't have much people. 

It was silent, peaceful, and lonely, just like how she feels now. 

She sat  on the ground, she felt helpless.

Sana then gazed upon the empty sky. There were no stars tonight. Only the moon was up, other than that, the sky was pitch black.

She sighed, Dahyun must have forgotten about her. 

The far views looked loud, for the people celebrated.

Maybe Dahyun's there, amongst the crowds.

Sana thinks.

"Is she worried about me?"

"Does she even care?"

"Did she bring me here to get me out of her reach?"

"Was it wrong that I trusted her?"

With each question that she asks herself, a tear fall from her eyes, onto her face, to the ground. 

And moments later, she was crying, bawling her eyes out, silently sobbing even if there was no one around.


"Hey, are you awake?" A voice spoke, and lightly tapped Sana's shoulder.

Sana recognizes that voice. 

She recognizes those soft taps on her shoulder. 

Dahyun. She knew that it was Dahyun.

She looked up to see Dahyun who quickly took her jacket off and gave it to her.

She also sat on the ground as she did so.

"I was so worried, I should've-" Dahyun couldn't continue as Sana quickly wrapped her arms around her neck.

Dahyun who was frozen could only ask, "Did something bad happen? Were you hurt?"

"Dahyun-ah, am I being a burden?" Sana asked in a silent voice. 

"You aren't," Dahyun answered, she pulled off from Sana's tight embrace, as she held one of Sana's hands.

"You're never a burden to me. I want you to live the life you told me that you wanted, even for just a short time. I want you to be happy," Dahyun said, and deeply looked onto Sana's eyes.

Dahyun felt sad, knowing that Sana felt like she was being something that's bothering her. A nuisance, when in fact, Sana was now Dahyun's reason to risk.

"Please don't think that way," Dahyun softly caressed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter