eight

Ride Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two rested in the small, cozy, rented apartment.

It was perfect for the two, for the place is the place where Dahyun grew up.

A place full of memories.

A place where they'll make good memories.

Dahyun woke up from her rest, and noticed that it was already late in the afternoon.

It was really a tiring trip.

She stood up after a few minutes of internalizing that she was in her hometown again.

It's been a long time.

In her tired state, she decided to walk around the apartment.

She checked if there were any broken pipes, windows, or anything else that's broken.

Dahyun then noticed that she didn't see Sana as she checked the house.

And so she went back to the small bedroom, where they rested, thinking that the other was still asleep.

She looked around to see no Sana.

Her heart started to race, she grew worried.

Dahyun rushed outside to look for Sana.

As she headed outside, the door suddenly opened, revealing Sana, who was carrying two big plastic bags in both hands.

"Where have you been?" Dahyun asked in her worried tone as Sana chuckled.

"I met a few people here, we went to the market nearby, and bought some things," Sana answered.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I could've joined you at least," Dahyun said.

"I can handle myself, Dahyun-ah. Well, the important thing is that you get proper rest."

"But, you don't even know this place, you could've been hurt, or lost-" Dahyun was cut off as Sana handed her the plastic bags that she was holding a few minutes ago.

"I'm here now, Dahyun-ah. There's nothing to worry about," Sana said.

"Who were you with?" Dahyun asks again.

"The girls who live next door, they saw me here, then asked if I could join them," Sana answered.

"You didn't get their names?"

"O-Of course I did!"

"Who are they, then?"

"I forgot!" Sana could only sigh, and Dahyun did too.

"Look, don't trust people easily, they might be playing with you," Dahyun said.

"S-Should I trust you, then?"

"It really depends on you, I'm just saying. It's better to be aware, than to play a fool."

"Do you trust me, Dahyun-ah?" Sana could only ask.

Dahyun grew silent, she looked down. Sana could only look into her eyes, as she clenched her fist.

Dahyun looked back, their eyes locked as a smile was once again, formed on Dahyun's lips.

"I trust you," Dahyun could only say those three words, the three words that made Sana feel relieved.

"Why did you buy things, though? Where did you get the money?" Dahyun asked.

Sana chuckled and said, "I borrowed a bit from you. Don't worry, I'll pay you back soon when I get a job."

"No need, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter