three

Ride Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed.

It was enough for Sana to feel better compared to how she felt these past days. Her wounds were now fully healed, too.

Dahyun finally allowed her to help inside the house. After all, Sana isn't there to stay, she needs to stand on her own.

Sana was now sweeping the house's floor, there was always this feeling of satisfaction whenever she sees a clean area or room.

It reminds her of how life can still be peaceful, how peaceful things are far from the life she lived for the past years.

She took a deep breath, and sighed in relief, she was happy that she was found.

She was filled with joy, and was feeling overwhelmed as Dahyun crossed her mind.

She wonders, "What would happen to me if she wasn't there?" 

Her so-called "family" could've found her wandering on the lonely streets.

Little-by-little, as days pass by, she felt a lot better.

Not just physically, but also in terms of her emotional being, and her mental state.

Then, the sound of keys dangling with the force of someone opening the door lingered through Sana's ears.

After a few seconds, the sound faded, and the door opened, revealing a tired Dahyun entering the house. 

"Why was the door locked?" Dahyun calmly asks.

"I-I was just used to it," Sana answered. She was afraid that someone who's not Dahyun might open the door, thinking that she might get hurt.

"What happened?" With worry seen in Sana's eyes, she then asked, noticing Dahyun's now tired state.

"I'm fine. Just had a tiring day at work," Dahyun answered, pulling out a box out of her bag, and handed it to Sana.

"Open it," Dahyun added, and scooted over, giving Sana space to sit on.

Sana did as said, and opened the box, revealing a cellphone.

Her eyes widened, the two had only known each other for a week, and now, she receives a phone from the other.

"Dahyun, I can't accept this," Sana said.

"I've been saving up to buy a new phone, that one's my old one," Dahyun responded, signaling the other to just take the phone.

"Why are you giving me this, though?" Sana asked.

The pale girl stared onto nowhere, remembering a conversation with the other the day before yesterday.

[Flashback]

Sana sat on her bed after fixing it, she has just finished cleaning the room she stays at.

The younger girl then entered the room saying, "It's time to eat."

Sana just smiled at her as she stood u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter