18: New Beginning

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

You didn’t think it was the end of the story, did you? Of course it is not. We haven’t completed the entire story yet. I’ll begin when we first stepped out of I-LAND. The ENHYPEN boys got to ride in a big black car. I sulked and frowned.

I thought we were getting a big fancy black car!

But then, I looked to my right. And there was a big tour bus in a semi hot-purple color.

“Is that our ride?” Holly asked.

On the license plate, it said 2020G-LNDNRS. I recognized what it said.

“This is our ride, all right!” I declared.

All of us exclaimed and squealed. Our very own tour bus! And I thought this was a dream come true! It really was!

“Who’s driving!” I asked, playfully.

“I am, of course!” Leila said, elated.

When we got inside, it was fully furnished with everything we needed. A few converting beds. A kitchenette. Luggage storage! It was perfect! We had everything we needed for the road to our dorm room. That is…if we even have one.

“I wonder what our dorm room will look like!” Lara said.

“It must be comfy!” said Maeve.

“And especially after all of that dancing and singing,” said Jax, “I’m pretty tired!”

We stopped by a Starbucks. I remembered that we would get a drink every time we would take a break from training. Especially in I-LAND. But we weren’t I-LANDers anymore. We were idols now. And we were going to put our new lives right!

 

.

.

.

 

We got to our dorm. At the same time, ENHYPEN arrived as well. But they saw our tour bus…I assumed that they were jealous again! However, none of us noticed them and went to our apartment room.

“They get a tour bus?” Jay said in envy, crossing his arms.

“And we thought we were the lucky ones!” said Jungwon.

Coincidentally, our dorm room was right next door to ENHYPEN’s. When we first walked in, the word “wow” was one way to have us enchanted by our brand new dorm.

“I can’t believe we are here!” said Lara, “Our very own dorm!”

“And to think we weren’t the lucky ones!” Maeve added.

The dorm was warm and roomy. There was a huge living room with a flatscreen TV, a kitchen big enough for the twelve of us (including my sub-unit), four bedrooms with bunk-beds, two bathrooms, and a laundry room. But none of us knew how to do the laundry yet.

“So this is love!” I said to myself, walking further into the room.

I settled down on a top bunk near a window, where I could watch the sky go by. Of course, it helped me to sleep every time I woke up every few hours or so. I wondered how Jake was getting on. Not that he was jealous of our room either, I would hope (I strongly believed he was).

We sat down and watched, you guessed it, “I-LAND”, even after only a day of passing. We all remembered the stories that happened, and the girls teasing me whenever the parts me and Jake were on, and, the best part, our dances.

“Whenever we were dancing, the boys would be all grumpy, as if we were better than them.” said Jax.

“I know.” said Livia.

“Thankfully,” I said, “They gave us this opportunity. If they hadn’t, then we would be lurking around like lost puppies, trying to find an agency.”

The girls laughed at my joke. I wasn’t a joker, however. It was ironic.

After each episode, I didn’t realize it was already twenty minutes after eleven…in the night! When the final episode ended, it was after midnight. We all went to bed straight away. We had to meet with the HYBE CEO Bang Si-hyuk to discuss our future plans as idols. And we had to get enough rest in order to discuss with the big man himself.

But I couldn’t get any sleep. I was so nervous, I couldn’t even close my eyes. I don’t know if it was anxiety or worse, fear. Yet I’ve always thought of fear as a good thing, since it keeps us safe from danger. But either way, I still didn’t sleep.

 

.

.

.

 

At about 1:15 I went to sleep. I didn’t feel so tired when I woke up. Leila seemed as though she slept well. But not the rest of the girls. Even my sub-unit didn’t want to wake up either. But we had to. I didn’t think that Bang Si-hyuk would want us girls sleeping in on the job as idols.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom, where I began to wash my face, and applied a little bit of makeup on. Of course we were doing something important, so us girls had to look our best. Eventually, the other girls began to wake up and get out of bed.

But the strange part was, everyone basically stayed in their pajamas, while I was the only one who dressed up properly, and even Leila looked wi

Please log in to read the full chapter