The Birthday Exchange? Or is it a Horrible Nightmare?

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't even look like myself." 

 

Indeed she didn’t because in all truth, she looked like another girl who stepped out from a magazine. Sora was wearing the dress she bought today in the morning, a long sleeved black dress with a huge cut in the back. It reached mid thigh and she really wanted to throw up because not only was she wearing a short dress that could show her (it didn't really show that much but to her she felt ), but it had to be exposing her back too. Honestly, she regrets picking that dress angrily and leaving the shop like that. Sora had no idea it would be that short and exposing because she felt like it was the most decent dress in the shop. 

 

She didn't want to put on make up nor straighten her hair, but her oh-so-lovely aunt forced her to, claiming that she needed to be pretty for the party because a lot of guests were coming.

 

“I don't even care!”

 

The only good thing was that Sora was allowed to choose any shoes she wanted, and she immediately picked up her black flats and wore them. Now, she looked less than a porcelain doll.

 

Her aunt strolled inside her room with a black long dress and glittery accessories around her neck and ears. Her hair was raised into a high tight bun like those rich housewives, which shockingly (not) she was.

 

"Oh, you look lovely but wait, what is that I see? Flats? What about those heels I gave you?" Her aunt sputtered nonsense sometimes really, what heels is she talking about?

 

"Eh? What heels?"

 

"Those black ones I told Yoora to give yo- hold on, I'm going to get them," and then she left from the same door she just came in from. 

 

Sora blinked her eyes before glancing back at herself in the mirror. She couldn't help but admire herself, not because she found herself pretty, but because she felt like she was a replica of her mother.

 

The same sharp nose, thin pinkish lips, and thick brows. She looked exactly like her mother. She wondered what her mother was doing at that moment, most likely picking up her daughter.

 

Sora sighed helplessly and gritted her teeth. This is not fair at all; why does she have to be stuck here while her mother is away? They said she couldn’t leave because she has blood of a legendary father, but she really couldn’t understand the connection.

 

"Here, wear these."

 

Her aunt's voice brought her concentration back and she snapped her head back at her aunt, who was holding 7-inch heels that made her eyes widen right away.

 

"I'm not wearing that! For god's sake I'm going to fall!"

 

"You are not going to fall! Come on! They will match the dress you have on!"

           

"But you told me I could wear whatever shoes I wanted!"

 

"Well excuse me if I didn’t think you would choose this!" She pointed at the flats Sora is wearing.

 

Her aunt gave her a stern look and Sora sighed loudly at her own misery, bending her head backward for a more dramatic effect.

 

"Don't be a baby and wear these or Yoora will, trust me she had put up a fight for them."

 

 Sora bit her lips and took the shoes from her aunt, hurriedly changing shoes.

 

"Auntie, it's already her birthday, how come she doesn’t have the power yet?"

 

"Well she'll receive it before the clock strikes 12:00 at midnight. It has always been like that," she briefly explained, and Sora nodded her head, understanding her words.

 

"Now! Go down stairs and greet the guests! The royals are yet to come and you need to serve them okay? They requested you!"

 

“Yeah, to make fun of me,” Sora scoffed and sighed helplessly, oh well, she needs to get downstairs now.

 

 

She really doesn't like it. You know, waiting for the guests to arrive just so she can greet them and accept their presents. Sora is only here to 'serve' the royals, not everyone else, but her aunt had to remind her of her responsibilities as a house owner.

 

“Yeah right, house owner my .”

 

Sora greeted the guests with a wide smile, bowing deeply to them as they gave her a stink eye and fake smiles.

 

“Yeah, yeah I know you don't like me, the feeling is mutual.”

 

"Oh look at that, the Sora is all dressed up." A squeaky voice of a female from afar made Sora scowl and throw a glare in Yoora's direction.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be upstairs to wait until you are called?" Sora questioned with a venomous tone that only made Yoora's smirk widen.

 

"I was bored, you know, being a somebody has its perks and flaws," Yoora replied as she strolled toward Sora, all dressed up in a pink princess dress and a glittery tiara. Well, who can blame her? She is about to become royalty.

 

“Anneonghaseyo, please place the presents in the corner, thank you!" Sora once again faked a smile as she bowed towards a family.

 

"Tch, pathetic," Yoora sneered before turning around and leaving the place with an arrogant saunter, like she was the queen of the world.

 

"Anneonghaseyo, please place the presents in the corner, thank you!" 

 

Oh the struggles of being a 'Lee Sora'.

 

 

"Aish, when are they going to arrive?" Sora mumbled to herself, holding her coke in her hands. While everyone was making themselves comfortable in the house, she had to wait on the sofa in front of the door for the royals, whom still haven't arrived yet. It was already seven PM, and they were nowhere in sight.

 

"Oi sora, are you waiting for us?" The remarkable voice of Hwang Zitao snapped Sora out of her thoughts and made her lift her head up. She glared at the eleven bas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter