Mind games

The Exchange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sora woke up the next day, her eyes were swollen and her hair was fluffed. All in all, she felt horrible. There was an ache in her head, a very horrible one and she knew it was the aftermath of drinking yesterday night. She winced loudly when she tried moving her limps, so she settled in lying down on her bed like a weightless log.

 

The scenes of yesterday’s acts poured on her head like a flowing, silky water. She stayed Still in her place, lying down on her sides and glancing solemnly at her room desk. She felt restless, even though the sky is clear on the horizon, and she had slept really early last night ( nearing six or seven PM ) so she shouldn't be feeling so tired when it's already morning of the next day.


She felt a presence behind her, and it's only now that she realized her legs were tangled with other legs. Thicker and itching ones, like jeans’ touches. She turned around in her bed, coming face to face with sleeping Lay and he was wearing jeans in his sleep. She smiled a little, her smile coming off strained and forced. She doesn't feel like doing anything right now, not even smiling for the boy who took a part of her heart. She felt so drained, so tired; and she knows it was because she feels scared. Nobody wants to be living in this kind of fear, knowing that people with multiple powers are after her. She is grateful she actually has someone for her, but those cult were many ( they don't even know how many they are ) and they could have powers none of them possess, like that guy who reflected Chen’s attacks. She doesn't want to be so gloomy, but she isn't sure she would be safe with the boys. They too; could be in danger. Sora doesn't want to be selfish; but she feels so so scared.


Suddenly, Lay stirred from beside her; and Sora’s eyes slightly widened when he opened his eyes and stared at her straight in her eyes. She could see his dark brown orbs glinting in the soft rays of the sun beaming against them. It gave her a magical, marvelous sight of Lay in a whole new level.

 

“Hey sleepyhead. Are you full yet?” Lay’s tone was teasing, soft and gentle; but still teasing. She knows he didn't want to make her feel as bad as she already feels, since he could entirely sense her distress as they were flowing out from her like waterfall.


“Not quite, I still feel kind of sore..” Sora whispered softly, running her delicate fingers along her swollen eyes to ease the itchiness. She heard Lay sigh from beside her, his hands reaching out to clutch on her fingers, pulling them away from her eyes.

 

“They will get worse this way,” Lay interjected softly, his eyebrows furrowing and meeting in the middle at the girl’s action. Sora send him a soft smile, even though he cannot heal her, she feels really grateful at his concern.

 

“I was really.. Different yesterday huh?” She started, still facing him in that laid out position of hers. Lay gave her a soft smile, which stretched and stretched until he was gently chuckling at her, earning a soft pout from the girl. Thankfully; the moment she had waken up her memories kept resurfacing. Sure they were embarrassed; but she had seen a lot of comedy movies in the human world to know what people do when they are drunk. So; she was glad she wasn't that embarrassing.

 

“You were, I almost couldn't believe you were the same person I got used to,” Sora just had to groan loudly and cover her face by her hands embarrassingly. Even though she doesn't find it that embarrassing, they obviously thought the absolute opposite.

 

“Hey, chill out. At least you weren't bad,” Lay mumbled, though he was still chuckling cheekily at her. Sora stopped covering her face and stared at the boy beside her with flushed cheeks. Lay gave her a sweet smile when he noticed her staring, dimples showing and causing a violent acceleration of her heart. After all of that kissing she did with him, he still gives her this kind of feeling just by a simple smile.

 

“By the way, Suho Hyung said we could skip school today if you want to,” Sora’s eyes momentarily widened at the boy’s words, and she found herself jumping out of the bed in a rush, causing a strong ache in her head that made her wince immediately.

 

“Hey hey, slowly okay?” Lay softly instructed, sitting up on the bed as well to hug her shoulders and bring her closer to his chest, embracing her gently. Sora nodded in his chest, her eyes squinting due to to the thumping pain in her head. Lay started to massage her scalp, until she was free to be released.

 

“We can't skip school once again,”

 

“Actually we technically can, we are the royals.” She just had to roll her eyes at the boy’s obvious tone in his voice, even if it hurt her like a to do so.

 

“You know what I mean Lay. As much as I despise learning and math, I think it's pretty important to go to school,”


“Why? We can just sleep it off and no one would care,” Sora turned to face him completely, her head giving her a painful squeeze before the pain turns to a numb thumping sensation. Sora stared at him in the eyes silently, trying to soothingly send him her reply in his mind without using so much energy. She would actually wants to keep her sanity in check with that horrible headache thank you so much.

 

‘They are hearing everything we are saying. It is not impossible they are watching us as well in school, we have to be there to confuse them. Pretend we wouldn't go to school, and then actually go there to confuse them, and actually send them a clear message we are aware of their peeping habit,’ immediately, Lay caught to what she is trying to tell him in his mind and nodded his head. Then he pretended to yawn and throw his body on the bed with a loud gesture, rolling around like a crazy cat. Okay, Lay has awful acting skills, she would keep that on mind.

 

“Hmm, I’m so sleepy, we are just going to skip,” Sora rolled her eyes, but she too laid beside him. More gentle and softer than his actions. She knows sooner or later, they would have to leave the house; but for now, she is going to rest for a teeny tiny moment.

 

-

 


When Sora and the guys returned back home from school, there was silence roaming around them. Ugly and breaking silence that she just wanted it to stop. Yeah sure; they couldn't help but find themselves in a crappy situation where they are outsmarted by some low life, greedy humans who desired nothing but power. But then again, nobody really expected they would make this stupid mistake, and whether they like it or not; they need to find out a way to be smart enough to ambush them, to eliminate them all without a trace. The older elders were at wrong for decided to not do anything in fear of their powers being taken. As long as they did not interfere with their actions, they were safe from punishment. It was almost an unsaid rule that the royals would be safe from those s if they let them roam freely. Yes, the old royals were and cowards for preferring their powers over their people, but now the current royals, Sora’s boys would not stay silent and do nothing like their parents. Those cult had marked their mimicker as the next victim, and they are ought to do something, even if the late mimicker’s mates hadn't done anything to stop them.


Kris threw his bag to the side of the living room and stared down at his sulking brothers and Sora with a blank stare. They all looked lifeless, soulless, like someone had the light out of them. Now he knows their situation wasn't something others would envy, but he at least is ready to make some real actions instead of sulking like a dejected puppy.

 

He then clapped his hands to catch his brother’s attention, which worked like wonder as they all stared at him with widen eyes. He stared at Suho first, eyes blank but disappointment was clearly evident in his black orbs.

 

“Honestly Suho, I expected more of you than sulking off and giving everyone the idea you had giving up,” that infuriated Suho, as he glared daggers at Kris and crossed his arms. His aura was slightly more awake than that, and Kris had to bite down on his lips to prevent his smirk.


“I’m not sulking! And I definitely didn't give up! I’m trying to think of something more.. Accurate,” Suho exclaimed heatedly, though everyone could notice the flush in his cheeks. Sora did too, and instead of patting the boy’s shoulder to make him feel better; she raced down to sit next to Kris on the Sofa, a frown visible on her delicate facial features.

 

“What are we gonna do though? We literally have Zero knowledge in our favor,” Xiumin interjected before Kris can even give a sassy reply at the dejected Suho. Xiumin too, had seated himself on the other side of Kris.


“We at least should finish Sora’s training on her powers,” Luhan boringly said from his seat across the trio. Unlike everyone else; he was the only one not panicking and staying sane. Honestly; Sora envied his ability to stay strong and act impassive whether he was feeling anything or not.


“We have to attack straight, we don't need anymore training and . The only reason they haven't attacked us straight until now is because they are waiting for something to happen!” Tao suddenly exploded from his place, standing up and giving everyone a piece of his mind. They all flinched at his loud tone, and he didn't even care Suho had started to give him his famous blood-curling glare.


“Something to happen… Like what exactly?” Baekhyun dumbly spoke from next to Tao, giving the younger boy an oblivious look that made everyone sigh.

 

“How should I know? I’m not in their minds am I?” Tao exploded again, throwing the latter a glare that made Baekhyun glare back at him because he definite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter