Because I wanna be free

Bad Teachers

It was the end of the second day of Kris' work. The day was worse than the one before. He couldn't be less bothered by his students. He was now responsible for all of them and they couldn't care less than they did about it. Kai was still an , being cheeky and rude all the time with his whole crew. Kris was on his way home, finally being able to sleep in his bed and not the lame mattress he was having for sleeping for the first days. He just moved in properly.

"Would you mind checking up on Tao before you leave?" Jessica asked as she passed by Kris. Kris turned to her just to see her walk backwards in front of him.It was asudden question that Kris wasn't expecting. She was smiling and holding her papers tight to her chest. A car was waiting for her at the gates. Kris thought it was Jessica's boyfriend.

"Didn't he leave a while ago?" Kris asked, puzzled. Jessica shrugged her shoulders. It was true, because Kris saw him run pass him when he left the class, just like he did yesterday. 

"Check the gym if you have time, he will probably be there" she said and it was sure for Kris that he will trun around and look after the kid. The responsibility rose inside of him since Jessica asked him to watch over the boy. He was actually curious about his adoptive parents too.

"Will do, Jessica" Kris said and waved goodbye to his first friend in the town. Kris put his keys back in his pocket and turned around trying to find his way to the gym. He was still disoriented in the school, only knowing where the main classes are, the teachers' lounge, the principla's office, cafeteria and the toilettes. He tried to walk along the path bahind the main building of the school. He met few school grils pass him with loud giggles, but he was unable to ask them anything. They just rushed ahead blushing.

Kris moved forward looking around, just to see the janitor's garden with beautiful flowers and the first sign of the gym was the stadion field near it, but it was a bit cold today to be outside and train. Train what though? There was a girl, tall and thin girl wearing a black pullover and shorts. Her hair light brown hair was in a bun and she was packing up the storage room. She was bent over and Kris was desperate to find his way into the gym.

"Excuse me?" he gently approached, his hand outstretched to maybe poke the girl slightly, but there was no need. Although Kris was sure the girl was one of the students, she looked pretty mature for her age.

"Oh... Mr. Wu" she said and flipped her hair to look at Kris. She smiled widely and put her hand on her waist, showing off her S line. "I wouldn't expect you to be here at this time" she said and blinked her eyes innocently.

"Uhm... yeah. I wanted to ask, if you could show me to the gym" Kris said and clapped his hands together. The girl smiled up at the teacher and nodded her head. 

"Sure, follow me" she said and without hesitation she started her way back towards the school. She was swaying her hips as she walked, making Kris stare at her mature body for a minute before shaking his head and following her. "You teach in my class, Mr. Wu" she said as she peeked over her shoulder, looking straight at Kris with a tint smile. 

"Do I?"

"Yeah, I'm in the senior year, Kwon Yuri" she said and made KRis think for a short moment. He taught every class, but he couldn't remember all of the students by their names. 

"Yeah, probably" he said and tried to avoid any other questions. However Yuri didn't seem to end just now.

"You're really popular for a new teacher in our school, sir. The girls are dying for you, you know" she spoke and made Kris uncomfortbale even more. He cleared his throat and loosened his tie. "Even the teachers talk about you like you were a God" she said and Kris took the oportunity to turn down this extraordinary conversation.

"Mind the language, missus" he scolded, not being used to this teacher like state, but he had to get away from this weird convo. 

"I'm sorry, sir. But that's what's going on behind your back" she said and walked inside the school, followed by Kris. Kris was starting to sweat, hoping he won't get any deeper in this . It's not that he disliked Yuri, it was something that made him uncomfrotable around her and other female students. They were all drooling over him, but he knew his frontier. He was a teacher and he didn't need any scandal going on. He has his leauge of women, which are not exactly under 19. "what business do you have in the gym?" she asked, sounding polite, but Kris was annoyed.

"I got to look after one of my students" he replied as short as he could rolling his eyes at some point. Yuri giggled at the front and Kris raised an eyebrow. 

"You could look after me too" she stopped and in an instant she turned around. Kris was almost about to bump into Yuri, stopping at a hand brake. He put his hands up as an reaction and stook there, looking down at Yuri. 

"That's much innapropriate, miss Yuri" he said and frowned at the student. She smiled even more and started taking small steps towards the teacher. Kris was backing up, not knowing what he was supposed to do. She put her index finger on his chest and slightly pushed him. Kris gulped down with difficulty and looked around for help. He grabbed Yuri's shoulders and hold her down still. She smiled strangely and Kris tightened his grip. He didn't want to hurt her, but he had no other option. 

"Mr. Krisus-I mean Mr. Wu?" it was the timid voice of Kris' student, whom he should be checking on, Zitao. Kris' attention turned to the boy at the door, which probably led to the gym. "What are you doing?" his poor Korean was really strange to hear to Kris, because he wasn't Korean himself. It reminded of him when he was younger. 

Kris quickly came back to his senses when he heard Yuri scoff. Kris let go of her and stood straight. Tao was darting his eyes from Yuri at Kris and back. Kris was feeling tension at the moment and the scene was getting more and more uncomfortable.

"Zitao! I was looking for you" Kris said and fixed his suit coat.

"I suppose" he said and Kris would swear he saw Tao twitch a glare at Yuri. He sighed and turned around, walking off. Kris was stuck frozen at the place and tried to run after the boy. He took a step forward and then looked behind.

"Thanks miss Yuri" he said and quickly got after Tao.


Tao sat in the changing room, and was packing up his things. He looked kind of distant and sad at some point. His hair was sweaty and messy, his eyes swollen and tired. Kris never noticed how slender Tao was before, because the baggy uniform he wore was covering it up. 

"What did you need from me?" Tao asked his voice cracking at some words with difficult pronounciation. Kris walked inside and looked around the locker room, he haven't seen since high school. 

"I was asked to check on you."

"Miss Jung?" Tao asked instantly, making Kris raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, how did you-"

"She's the only one who makes someone spy on me, when she's busy" he said and there was a sign of a laughter in his actually sweet voice.

"And when she is not busy?"

"Why do you care?" Tao looked up with his eyes squinted and wrinkles formed on his forehead. He clapped his palms on his knees, making Kris feel unwanted in his presence.

"I'm your teacher-"

"Bull! Not even one of the teachers care" he said and shook his head, making Kris feel terrible. "No one cares at all" he continued, standing up and zipping up his bag.

"Why would you say that? Of course someone cares, miss Jessica for example" Kris pointed out, trying to get under Tao's skin. He didn't look up at Kris he just scoffed and hung the huge sport's bag around his shoulder.

"She's the sweet exception. Are you done questioning me?" he asked with a cracking, smacking Korean. Kris sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Listen, from now on, I'm your homeroom teacher and we have to trust each other and respect one another" Kris stated making Tao roll his eyes.

"How do you expect us to respect you, Mr. Wu, when you can't even hold your needs back around teenage girls? And you want us to listen to you? Especially that Jongin?" Tao asked making huge gestures and getting annoyed. Kris rubbed his forehead, knowing that the youngster spoke the truth. 

"That's not..."

"What?..." he scoffed. "That's not enough of an excuse... you have to build your respect in the class. And the answer is not ia. And don't even think hitting on any of us. I'm not that easy either, neither is Kyungsoo" Tao corrected the teacher and started walking towards the door, what was towards Kris too. "Now, excuse me!" he said and passed by Kris leaving the area. Kris was about to break down with himself for being such an . He really wasn't big of an advice giver, but he could at least be a support to Tao, but even the poorest boy was pissed by Kris.

Kris followed outside, going straight to his car, not having any hope in seeing Tao again and talking the things better. He was deep in thoughts about the boy, wondering why was he so upset about stuff. Kris was told that he needed support but how should he support someone, if the latter wouldn't let him? Jessica probably used her secret charms to do it. It will be hard, Kris thought, reassuring the school that he isn't a e who likes touching teenage girls like Yuri. Great, he just wanted to disappear from the town very quickly.

The road was sound from the old radio in Kris' car. A song about some sad love story was playing and Kris was unable to not to be pissed by it. He turned it off and being occupied by the buttons, he could barely see the students from his school hanging out after school in the same groups as they were at school. He passed the play ground and there were Kai, Chanyeol, Suho, Sehun and Baekhyun playing basketball. Their shirts off and their bodies sweaty. Kris was a bit leaned over on the passanger's seat, because he was clicking the buttons, but he was stunned by the figures of the young boys. Was he really a e? He watched with his mouth opened. There was a honk from the car coming from the opposite and Kris broke back into his sense. He raised his hand in appology as a dakrhaired chinese man drove by with an unpleased expression. Kris looked over once more just to see Kai hanging on the frame of the basket, scoring with the ball. He was grinning and was applauded by his mates. Kris shook his head and drove further, turning right on the next crossroad, driving around the playground. On that side, there were girls training some kind of dances or what. They were Yuri's classmates, if Kris remembered right. Seohyun, Yoona and Sunny. They were dancing like cheerleaders, what made Kris think they had a cheerleading squad at the school. There was also another group sitting at the bleachers. Luhan, Xiumin, Kyungsoo and Chen were watching the boys play basketball. Also on the other side of the road, in front of a semi-detached house, there was Lay leaned against the bricked fence, his headphones on and a puppy on a leash. Lay looked at Kris as he passed in his car and raised his hand for a wave. Kris was slightly taken aback that he saluted him out of the school and smiled. Kris waved back slightly and he didn't believe what he just saw. 

It was kind of a different sight of the students. He could at lest know what they are interested in, yet it was a bit odd that everyone had different squads they hung out with. In Kris' time they were also separated into groups, but they didn't get along in the class either. But these, they were separated outside but they kept together in class, supporting one another. 

Kris drove into the parking place at his house, not driving all the way inside his garage. He lived in the centre of the town, surrounded by nice neighbours and even Jessica's boyfriend. He lived across the street in a house which was connected to another house where his parents lived. Kris locked his car and was about getting up his front porch, unlocking his new/old house, when he heard a familiar voice.

"Kris!" he turned around. It was Jessica waving at him from the house across the street. She walked over with skipping steps and leaned over the gate.

"Nice to see you Jessica" Kris said and smiled widely, walking down the stairs opening the gate for Jessica. "Visiting your boyfriend?"

"Yep!" she said and walked inside. "Tyler had his grandparents over so I was invited to the dinner" she said and pursed her lips not amused.

"Bored?"

"Freaking much" she said making a weird grimace wether Kris had to laugh too.

"Want to come in? I just moved in, so I hope there won't be such a big mess in there" Kris said and gestured towards the door. Jessica giggled but shook her head.

"I've gotta go home now... I have tests to check" she sighed and patted her thighs. "I have too much work... but what about tomorrow? I could come and help you with the furniture. Maybe Sooyoung could come and help too?"

"Mrs. Choi?"

"Yes, Sooyoung" Jessica giggled putting her hand over her lips. "She is a nice person too, she's only strict at school. I want you two to get to know each other. It will help you a lot in the principal's eyes" Jessica said and winked at Kris, to keep it a secret.

"Right" Kris laughed and nodded his head. "Alrright, two women are better than none... You could decorate the house, if you want to" he said and saw Jessica's eyes lit up.

"That sounds like a plan, I'll bring some stuff too" she said and clapped her hands. "I'll be going now, bye Kris" she said and gave two friendly kisses on each others' cheeks. Jessica went out and disappeared in the distance. Kris snickered to himself and walked back towards his front door.


The evening was spent by placing the TV in the corner of his living room and his armchair in front of it. Kris sat in it for the rest of the evening looking at the news. There was a programme where only the local news went and Kris was pretty amazed that this tiny town had something like that. He was thinking about having more fun in the evening but he was a bit tired from the whole day. All he could think of was Tao and his new class. Kris looked over at his briefcase and thought for a moment. Should he take a look at his students? Maybe it would help him get closer to them.

Kris sat at the old dining table and took out the files about his students.

He read to himself, everything he found interesting about the boys. However there was only one thing that captured his attention. It was the word that didn't appear at all in the other's papers, something that is not right to write into a person's files. It was about Tao. There was a placed in cropped article from the newspaper. It was about a plane accident where the surname Huang appeared. Tao was called a miracle in the files.

Kris read:

"Father and mother of a month old boy died in a plane crash"

A Korean man and his wife were killed when their plane crashed as it approached a small airport just north of the Incheon airport border, according to police and relatives. Family of Huang's, father 34, and wife, 29, died after the single-engine Grumman plane crashed into a cornfield about 1:25 p.m. Sunday as it approached the airport. Both victims were thrown from the plane, they were dead in place. Their son, 1 month, has magically survived the plane crash along with five more victims, inclueding the two captains and one stewardess. The doctors wondered how is it possible that the boy survived such a catastrophe, giving him maximum care at the children hospital in Seoul. Fortunately, family friend, Zhou Mi, 23, and his long time girlfriend Song Victoria, 20, decided to adopt the little M I R A C L E. 
 
At that point, Kris started wondering wether Tao knew his real parents or if he remembers anything from those times. Kris started to sympatize over the boys unfortunaty and it was possibly the worse thing he could do. He felt sorry for the boy...
There was knock on the door out of nothing, making Kris jump a little. He put the files away and quickly looked at the clock. It was 8 p.m. exactly.
Kris walked over to the door and opened it slightly. His eyes widened as he saw someone whom he would never expect to see. Speaking of the devil, Tao was soaked wet standing at his front porch, hugging himself and shivering, yet there was not a sing of rain in any nearby distance.
"Zitao?"
"S-S-Sir" he said and there was a noticable fear in his voice.
"What happened to you?" Kris asked and quickly let Tao inside.
"N-Not my fault... I-I..." Tao started and wiped his faces into his wet sleeve. Kris closed the door and quickly walked inside his bedroom. He took out some of his clean clothes he still had in his suitcases and handed them to Tao.
"I'll show you the shower, then we can talk" Kris said and Tao just nodded timidly, shivering while he was standing in the hall.
After half an hour, Kris heard Tao coming out of the bathroom. He prepared some warm tea for him and some warm blankets. He was concerned about this boy since Jessica spoke about his condition. Now he read an article about his past, getting himself even more pumped up. Tao wiped his cheeks in Kris' sweater he gave him and put his wet clothes on the old chair. 
"Thank you, sir" he said and stood there for a moment. Kris jumped up and handed Tao the cup of tea and led him to the armchair he was sitting in before. 
"Mind telling me what happened?" KRis started as he sat on the arm rest. Tao took a sip from his tea and looked down on the floor. 
"I was going home with uncle Zhoumi, and I saw Kyungsoo and others at the playground" he started. "I thought it would be fine if I joined them, so I asked uncle if I could go and play. I was with Kyungsoo, Luhan and the better crew of my class, it was fine at first. As soon as the girls came talking to us, Jongin's squad started to have some rage over at the basketball field. They were giving us dangerous glances and I was getting pretty scared and so did Kyungsoo. I don't know what happened next, I just know that Kai came in and scared all the girls away making fun of me and Kyungsoo. He started picking on my friend and the loyal person I am, I protected him and got beaten up and washed in a pond" Tao finished and broke into tears.
"Where is Kyungsoo now?" 
"He went home. He wanted to help me, but I sent him off to protect him. He is my only friend" Tao cried louder and Kris was getting a little insecure. What was he supposed to do?
"Listen, it's a nice thing you helped your friend... there is nothing to cry about" Kris hesitately put his hand on Tao's back and unfortunately, the boy reacted to it. He wrapped his arms around Kris' waist and cried into his lap. Kris was slightly embarrassed by the situation and confused at the same time. Now what? "Why are you crying then?" Kris asked in a whisper. 
"Because... Jongin is a ing coward and he blames us all for what he is" Tao spoke and Kris could hear anger in his voice.
"What do you mean?"
"Kai blames all of us for being faggots while he is freaking hitting on Kyungsoo all the time!"
 
What to the what?!

 

 

Hello... another update...

It's not much and nothing interesting, but I still hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think will happen next?

Thank you all for subscribing and leaving a comment, I love reading them ^^

Please subscribe and comments are loved ^^