I Do?

Married For a Week
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Married for a week

“Venti Ice White Chocolate Mocha for Dayoung” The Starbucks barista yelled at the pickup counter. Dayoung picked it up from the counter and walked to work. She did this everyday along with stopping at a small store to buy herself her favorite Banh Mi.

Lee Dayoung is an intern for Double A Television Network, one of Seoul’s biggest Television Networks. They have produced some of the most popular shows like Shake That Brass, Hit Play and their most successful TV show, Married for a Week.

Dayoung is part of Married for a Week as a part of the production. She just graduated from the uni and wants to work in this industry and being an intern for Double A is an amazing opportunity for her.

Married for a Week is a show about the week’s chosen celebrity and a non celebrity. Each couple will be only married for 7 days only with three simple rules to follow: 1. Live together, 2. Plan one date each, and 3. Cherish each other.

Dayoung has been working on Married for a Week since the show started. She was lucky enough to be assigned to the show as part of the production team. The production team doesn’t really do much because the only time they have to work on the set of the show is on the first day, where the couple gets “married” and the last day, when they un-marry. The show is filmed without a camera crew, which means the couple would be given a camera each and they would have to film themselves.

Today in particular is one of their biggest weeks yet. They got Kim Jongin, better known as Kai from EXO as their celebrity on the show. EXO-L and a lot of their other viewers are really excited for the week, so they have a lot of pressure on them. Not only are the shows viewers are excited, but so was Dayoung. She herself is a big EXO fan and had a not so small crush on their main dancer, and couldn’t believe she was going to work with him.

When she got to the studio, the main set was almost done. Her team were doing the final touches and everything was almost all set.

“There you are, everyone’s panicking.” Ahreum, one of her team’s members, said. Dayoung rushed to the office and saw everyone on the phone or pacing around.

“Good morning, lovely panicking people.” She placed her things on the big conference desk and sat down on the chair. Nam Jiyoung, the shows producer, looked at her.

“Something bad came up.” Jiyoung said. “Minha cancelled on us this morning. She said she had to go overseas to go to her family.”

Kim Minha was the weeks chosen non celebrity. She’s 21 years old and a uni student who needed some money to pay her tuition. She was perfect for the role because she was nice, young, and looked amazing on camera. Cancelling on them now was really bad because they already announced the celebrity on their SNS page

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter