Day 3

Married For a Week
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, guys! It’s currently 8:24AM and we’re here at the studio getting ready for our photoshoot.” Jongin told the camera about what was currently going on. Despite sleeping at around 12am, he still had enough energy to be cheerful for an 8AM photoshoot. Him and Dayoung are taking some pictures for the promo of the show. Dayoung was all for it, except for the fact that it was at 8 in the morning and she’s running on 4 hours of sleep.

“You know the funny thing about this shoot, is that I’m also going to be the one to do the layout for the promotional poster.” Dayoung told Jongin. He flipped the camera towards the both of them, and also flipped the viewfinder. They continued the photoshoot so that everything would be on time and by the end of it Jongin had to say goodbye and Dayoung returned to work.

 

 

At around 4 in the afternoon, Dayoung found herself outside the office with a cup of coffee and a cigarette. She tried to stop for the sake of Jongin and the show, but 3 days without nicotine coursing through her system made her feel like absolute . Both Minhee and Jongin expressed their dislike of her addiction, but right now Dayoung solely runs on nicotine and caffeine so she can't stop now. But she will someday.

Dayoung threw the on the floor and stepped on it. She walked back inside the building and went to her floor. She felt a bit heavy and drowsy, but can stay alive for at least 10 more hours. Back at her desk, Dayoung continued her work to lessen the load. She checked her phone and remembered that she had to plan a date for Jongin and her as her task. Completely forgetting about it, Dayoung screamed to let out all the stress and started tearing up.

"Dayoung!" Jiyoung came rushing to her desk. She wasn't at all surprised, because this happened regularly. The moment Dayoung's stress level overflows, she goes beyond her normal amount of cigarettes and screams. Pretty much everyone in the office knew about this, and most of the time they don't mind her. Only Jiyoung is the one who goes rushing to Dayoung when she has her moments, because Dayoung is under Jiyoung's wing and they have this like sibling relationship.

When Jiyoung saw Dayoung, she was already in tears. It wasn’t usually this intense that Dayoung would cry. And at times when Dayoung was extremely stressed, only one thing made her feel better. Jiyoung unlocked a drawer on Dayoung’s desk and took out a bottle of Crystal Head Vodka, a vodka whose bottle looks like a skull. Jinyoung poured some vodka in a glass, and gave it to Dayoung. She took the shot, and another one. After her initial first shot, the burning feeling the liquid put her back to her sense and calmed her down. She breath in a few short breaths and opened her eyes.

“We good?” Jiyoung asked. Dayoung nodded and Jiyoung put the Crystal Head back to its case and locked it. She then faced Dayoung again and asked, “What’s the reason now?” talking about Dayoung’s mental breakdown.

“I forgot to plan a date for us, Jiyoung. I forgot that Jongin and I are suppose to go out tonight and that I was suppose to plan it.” Dayoung started to to rant and let out all of her frustrations. “He took me to an exclusive restaurant, Jiyoung. How the am I suppose to top that?” Jiyoung grabbed Dayoung’s shoulders and slapped her hard.

“Everything will be her okay.” Jiyoung said. “You can do this. You can plan an awesome date and Kim Jongin will appreciate it.” Dayoung looked at Jiyoung. She was right. Dayoung could do it. “Okay. I can do this!” Dayoung shouted.

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to Seoul Soul Food.” A middle aged man said a soon as Dayoung opened the door. He looked up from what he was doing and his face instantly brightened. “Dayoung-sshi! Welcome!” Mr. Kim said. He was the owner of the restaurant Dayoung frequented in. The little whole in the wall restaurant was hidden deep in Myeongdong, but was very popular to locals. Dayoung would always come here when she was craving good Korean Food or when she was drunk or hangover.

“Hey, ajusshi!” She said back and walked to her usual table. She doesn’t know if it was pure luck or just a coincidence, but every time Dayoung would come to the restaurant, the table she always sat on was unoccupied, waiting for her arrival.

Mr. Kim followed them with the menu on hand, even though he already knows Dayoung’s order. Dayoung took the menu from him, and gave one to Jongin. “Everything on the menu is amazing, but I highly recommend the Hot Pot Bulgogi and Jajangmyeon.” She told Jongin. He looked at the menu, and immediately his stomach grumbled. “At this point, I could eat anything and everything.” The last full meal he had was this morning, and after that it was practice and rehearsals for the rest of the day.

“I’ve been waiting for this my entire life,” Mr. Kim said, looking at the two of them. “She has never brought a guy over, and I thought I was going to die before I get to meet Dayoung’s boyfriend.” Dayoung rolled her eyes. Mr. Kim has been pestering her for the longest time about her boyfriend. She would just tell him that she doesn’t have one, which is actually true.

“Mr. Kim, this is Jongin.” Dayoung introduced her “husband”. Jongin sat up and formally introduced himself, “Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jongin imnida.” Mr. Kim smiled and took their orders.

Jongin took out his camera and filmed. “Aeorobun, we’re now at Myeongdong for our date.” He flipped the camera around and filmed Dayoung. “We’re at Seoul Soul Food right now, a little hole in the wall restaurant. If you’re ever in Myeongdong, come here. I promise you, you won’t regret it.” She said deadly serious.

After a few minutes, Mr. Kim came back with their orders. “The usual for Dayoung.” He said, placing the Hot Pot Bulgogi and rice on the table. “And a bowl of Jajangmyeon for Jongin.” They also ordered some Teukkboki and Kimbap, because they were both starving. Dayoung took shots of their food with her camera, before turning it off.

Not much conversing was happening between them, because their mouths were stuffed with delicious food. “Try this.” Dayoung said. She scooped out a spoon full of rice and bulgogi and fed it to Jongin. His eyes widened when he tasted the food. “That’s so good!” He exclaimed. Jongin then got some Kimbap and fed it to Dayoung.

After their meal, both were stuffed. Jongin took his camera, and filmed. “Okay, I’m officially full.” He’s now situated beside Dayoung, who was happily patting her stomach. “This is also offici

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter