Six

Dear Ex-husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it's not always trying to fix something broken. Maybe it's about starting over and creating something better.
Jaebum felt that the time stood still, here he is standing right in front of him. Much prettier, much more confident, much more ual. He did make himself a better version of himself and Jaebum can't help but feel proud. He can't utter a single word, too scared, wondering if he is dreaming, not wanting this dream to end.

"Mr. Im? Are you all right? Why don't you two sit down and talk as I go and grab some tea alright? Have a seat Mr. Park." Seokjin said as he looks pointedly at his boss while being polite towards Jinyoung who turns to look at him with a smile and nodded his thanks. Slowly sitting in front of Jaebum's desk, the taller man following his moves with an intense stare.

"Hyung..are you okay. You're scaring me.." Jinyoung awkwardly said as Jaebum shakes his head, trying to clear his dazed mind. He smiled and sat down.

"This is a pleasant surprise Jinyoung, I didn't know that you're the owner of that Bake Shop."

"Yeah, we just recently opened a branch here but we already had good reviews," Jinyoung answered politely as Jaebum fiddled with his pen. A mannerism he always does whenever he's nervous.

"Congratulations Jinyoung, I guess this is the dream you are talking about huh? You finally did it, you're a self-made man now." Jaebum said with a slight tinge of bitterness on his tone.

"Thanks, hyung, congratulations to you too, wow when I heard that you are now the CEO of this hotel, all your hard work has paid off hyung. How does it feel to be filthy rich?" Jinyoung teases the man who smiled but looks down.

"Sad, actually save money...I hustled this money for us. I want us to adopt a child back then but,,, things happen." Jaebum said as he looks at Jinyoung who looks back at him in surprise, sadness and regret reflected on his eyes.

"A child huh?...well I guess we are not meant to adopt that's why we're here. I really miss you hyung, after all the that happens the last time I still miss you as a person and as a friend. I hope we already left all those things in the past eh?" Jinyoung said covering his emotions with a tepid smile as Jaebum looks back at him with an emotionless face.

"Yeah, let's leave all things behind. Well, shall we get on to business Mr. Park?"

"Ready when you are Mr. Im."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung clutched his chest as he went inside the elevator which will bring him down the hotel lobby. It's lucky that he's the only one inside as his tears fall down his face, he felt all the sadness he hidden inside his heart pours out. Jaebum has wanted to adopt, he wanted to make their family complete and he ruins it..he ruins it by ending things..he didn't even think about mending their broken trust and relationship. He just went out without care and live his life the way he sees fit.

All this time he thought he is the only one hurting, the only one who is longing and regreting, he never thought that his ex-husband is hurting too. Hunted by what-ifs..what could have been, he let Jaebum's outer facade fool him when he should have known..he knows what Jaebum is like. He is the reflection of his own soul and he has been blinded.

Once he's in Paris he swore that he will never regret anything that he did..but now he is.

His cellphone ring and Chanyeol speak up.

"Our staff is ready to get there as fast as we can..hey are you alright?"Chanyeol worriedly asked.

"I'm okay, I'm just not feeling great. Listen, the staff here are waiting to assist us so as soon as our people came here please instruct them to follow the hotel staff and wait for me, I'll just grab something."

'Okay, Jinyoung...take care alright?"

Jaebum looks glumly outside the window. He's been shocked at his ex-husband's appearance and much more shocked that he felt anger, somehow he wanted to hurt the smaller man, make him suffer as much as he suffered this past few years. He has been a mess once the news that Jinyoung finally moved on and acquired a boyfriend name Kris Wu, he ing met the man at one of his business ventures and he felt intimidated, the man is everything he is not, tall handsome, charismatic, a true leader who makes wise decisions in his life. He felt hurt...Jinyoung has replaced him..and there he was patiently waiting for him. That's the start of his hate, he grabs on to that emotion because he felt powerful when he's angry..he doesn't want to mope around and be sad..sadness will weaken him. 

But behind all of these emotions, Jaebum knows that he still loves him. He is still in love with Park Jinyoung, the only man who can make him happy.

"Here is your tea sir,,,ahm by the way just a piece of advice,..don't push him away from you..you know. With you being a jerk and all." Seokjin cheekily said as Jaebum glared at his assis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter