CHAPTER ELEVEN

This Is Why I Don't Want To Fall In Love!

 

CHAPTER 11

[A FEW CLASSES LATER]

Jiyeon's POV

I now had free period and Minhee and I are in the library. We then saw the librarian coming over to us.

"Hello girls, can one of you do me a favor?" Mrs. Bae asks us.

 

"Um, I'm free right now, I'll do it," I told her and she smiles.

 

"Can you please bring these to books to Mr. Kim, the cooking teacher in room 38? He just ordered them and they just came in," Mrs. Bae asks me and explains.

 

"Okay," I said as I was handed the books.

 

"Thanks for bothering you, but please also make sure that Mr. Kim signs this sheet of paper. It says that he recieved the books," Mrs. Bae said to me, handing me the sheet.

 

"You're welcome," I said before taking the sheet of paper. Mrs. Bae then had to go make some phone calls so she left. I then glance over to Minhee, who's really busy working on an assignment. "I'll be back soon," I told her and she just nodded her head without looking up from the textbook. I took the two books and brought it to room 38. I walked into the cooking room and went to the back of the room where Mr. Kim's desk was. "Excuse me, but do you know where Mr. Kim is?" I ta[[ed a random person on the shoulder and asked them. The boy that I tapped turns around and my eyes widen. "Girly--I mean, Key, what are you doing here?" I ask him.

 

"I have this class. What are you doing here?" Key asks me back.

 

"Mrs. Bae told me to bring these books to Mr. Kim. So where is Mr. Kim?" I ask Key.

 

"He had to go to pick up some supplies from the kitchen, so he won't be back for a while. Just leave the books on his desk and I'll tell him you dropped it off," Key tells me.

 

"Psh, I wish I could do that, but Mrs. Bae said that he also has to sign this sheet of paper saying that he recieved the books," I said with a sigh as I show him the small piece of paper.

 

"Wait there then and don't move around too much," Key ordered me and I glared at him. Oh we were getting along just fine until he decided to try to boss me around. He then turned back to his groupd and they continued doing whatever they're doing.

 

"Oppa, you're good at this," I overhear a girl squeal.

 

"I know," I can hear Key say proudly.

 

"Arrogant bastard," I whispered to myself while staring at the ceiling.

 

"What was that?" Key turns around and questions me.

 

"Nothing you're highness, now get back to work," I answered, still staring at the ceiling while shooing him away with my hands.

 

"Oppa, get back to work," I hear a girl whine in a overly cute tone. Please don't do that again.

 

"You're just lucky that I'm busy right now or I'll--YAH, what are you looking at?" Key snaps at me since my eyes were now wide open. I was staring at the wall on the other side of the room. Key then follows my stare and also notices what I was staring at. "FIRE, EVERYONE FILE OUT RIGHT NOW AND NO PUSHING!" Key shouts to everyone and some started panicking after everyone finally notices the fire that just started and was now spreading. Key then takes out his phone and dials 119. After a few minutes, he hands his phone to a classmate and told them to give the police the school's address and any other questions they may have. He then makes sure that everyone is out. He was by the door when he glances back at me and notices that I was still standing at the back of the room. "YAH, WHY ARE YOU STILL STANDING THERE?" Key yells over to me. I kept staring at the fire and soon, memories flashes through my head. I wanted to run, but my feets refuses to listen to me. I then sink to the floor with both hands on the the side of my head. My head started hurting and before I know it, it was getting harder to breathe. I began couging and I couldn't really see anything anymore. "JIYEON!" I hear a voice calling me before I felt someone put a hand on my back and one under my legs, before lifting me up bridal style. I look up and sees that it's girly-man. "You're going to be okay," I hear him say to me before my eyes closes and I pass out. The next time I opened my eyes, I was in a gown with an IV stuck in my arms. I guess I was taken to the hospital. I sat up and glanced around to notice that Minho, Taemin, Key and Jonghyun was sleeping on the couch across from my bed while a sleeping Onew was at my bedside. He looked very tired. I then look at the windows and noticed that it was now dark outside. I glance at a clock that was hanging in the room and noticed that it was now 8:52 PM. Wow, I've sure been asleep for a long time. Someone then walks in and I look up to see Minhee.

 

"Jiyeon! You're finally up!" Minhee shouts happily as she rushes over to the other side of my bed. Her shout caused the others to stir and wake up. I smiled at Minhee before looking at Onew. He rubs his eyes and then hugs me after seeing me.

 

"Yah, didn't I tell you to be extra careful today?" he whispers in my ear as he hugged me and I nodded my head.

 

"Sorry," I said with my head down after Onew let go of me.

 

"It's okay, you're okay now," Onew smiles at me.

 

"Jiyeon, I was so worried. You didn't come back so I was worried, but then Minho later called me and told me that you were in the hospital. I couldn't come see you right away since I wasn't family so as soon as school finished, I rushed here," Minhee tells me.

 

"Yah, I'm fine," I smiled at her.

 

"Jiyeon-ah, you scared me. I was so worried," Taemin said with a sad face as he grabs my hands.

 

"Taemin-ah, I'm okay now. Sorry for worrying you," I apologized.

 

"Why didn't you move?" an annoyingly familiar voice asks me. I look up and I saw Key.

 

"B-because...." I didn't know what to say.

 

"She freezes when she sees a big fire in front of her," Onew answers for me.

 

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun asks Onew.

 

"Jiyeon's not afraid when it comes to bonfires and those sort of stuff, but when it comes to house fires or schooll fires in this case, she just freezes. It's due to something that happened during our childhood which I can't tell you guys because Jiyeon's uncomfortable about this topic," Onew tells them. I looked down my hands and played with them.

 

"You're heavy you know, you should loss some weight," I hear Key say to me. I look up at him with wide open eyes.

 

"You're the one that saved me?" I asked him.

 

"Of course, who else would save you?" Key said in a 'duh' tone.

 

"I was going to say 'thank you', but I don't feel like saying it anymore. Gosh, you're such a jerk," I told him with a glare.

 

"Okay, you just woke up, don't get into an argument just yet. Now lay back down on the bed," Onew said as he gently lay me back down on my hospital bed.

 

"This girl, I saved her life and she still wants to get started with me," Key mutters to himself, but muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

 

"Yah, girly-man, no one told you to save me," I snapped at him.

 

"If I didn't save you, you'd be dead right now," Key snaps back.

 

"I didn't need you to save me, I'd rather die," I yelled back without thinking.

 

"JIYEON!" Onew suddenly yells at me. , I think he's really piss at me now.

 

"O-oppa, I-I di-"

 

"Shut up and don't open your mouth," Onew tells me with a serious face before turning to the guys. I did as he said and kept my mouth shout. I looked down in shame. "Can you guys leave us two for a while?" I can hear Onew ask the others. Soon, there was footsteps, the door opened then closes, then there was silence. I look up and see only Onew, everyone else left, including Minhee. I look back down at my hands, since I didn't know what to say to him. "Jiyeon-ah, look up at me," Onew tells me in a calm voice. I finally look up at him and he had a sad expression on his face. "Don't ever say things like that ever again. Umma, the noonas, and I would be very sad if you weren't here with us. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Onew asks me and I nodded my head.

 

"Oppa, I didn't really mean it. I guess I was just mad," I said before looking up at him once more. "Mianhe," I said apologetically and he gives me his wonderful smile.

 

"Dongsaeng, I forgive you, but if I ever hear you talk about throwing your life away once more, I'm going to kill you myself," Onew said while he was still smiling, which made it freaky. "Do you understand?" Onew asks me in a brotherly tone and a sweet smile.

 

"N-ne," I stuttered. Onew was being too nice. He's usually like this when he's starting to get really mad. That means I have to do whatever he says or else he blows up on me.

 

"Good," Onew said before patting my head. "Now I want you to say 'thank you' to Key when he comes back in here and you better mean it," Onew tells me. I didn't want to, but I also didn't want to push it, so I nodded my head. Onew calls everyone back in and I glannce over at Onew to see him give me the 'do-it-now' look. I sighed and then looked at Key. He was just standing in the back with his arms folded.

 

Key-ssi,” I called his name and he suddenly looks up at me in surprise. The others moved out of the way so Key was now standing right in next to me. I look down at my hand before looking back up at him. “Thanks for saving me, I owe you,” I said with a genuine, but small smile. Key seemed surprise yet again, but then smiled back.

 

It was nothing, I now how important you are to Onew-hyung. Besides, if I didn't save you, hyung would probably kick my and murder me,” Key said while scratching the back of his neck, as if he's nervous.

 

That's damn right,” Onew added in.

 

Weird, you two just had a conversation with out cusing each other out or fighting. Yah, congratulations for maturing a bit,” Minhee suddenly said and pats Key and I on the shoulder, she had a huge smile on her face. I quickly send her a glare and her smile falters.

 

----------------------------------------------

a/n-hmmmmm. i finally had a chance to update!  yay 4 me!!! sorry it's kinda short...

Anyways, I still haven't decided who the main girl should end up with....but more guys and girls are going to show up in later chapters...

comments plz, i want feedback!