Breaking World ~ Judgement - Chapter 9

Breaking World ~ Judgement

"What's wrong?" asked Woohyun as he waited for Sunggyu to speak.

"While you were sleeping, I..." Sunggyu hesitated to say any further as he looked into Woohyun's gentle eyes.

"Don't tell me that now that you're back to being leader of the Yong clan, you went on a killing spree?" Woohyun joked.

Sunggyu's eyes widened in shock.

"My Sunggyu is too kind to do that," continued Woohyun.

Sunggyu's eyes started to tear up.  "I'm sorry," he said.  "While you were sleeping I...I called you names because you wouldn't wake up no matter how much I begged."

Woohyun laughed.  "Silly," he said.  "But I forgive you."


They arrived at the brightly lit theme park.  They saw the flashing lights from the rides and heard laughter and screams from the people.

"It's a good thing I woke up today, right?" said Woohyun with a big grin on his face.

Sunggyu smiled seeing the the excited look in Woohyun's eyes.


Inside the booth of the ferris wheel, they sat side by side as Sunggyu rested his head on Woohyun's chest.  Woohyun draped an arm around Sunggyu's shoulder and pulled him close.

"The first thing you do when you wake up is come to the amusement park," said Sunggyu.  "You're such a kid."

"This is our special place," said Woohyun.  "This is where we had our first kiss."

Sunggyu looked up at Woohyun, surprised that he remembered. 

"Or should I say, where you kissed me," Woohyun added with a smile.

"I tripped," argued Sunggyu.  "It was the wheel-"

Sunggyu could not speak another word when he felt Woohyun's lips against his.  He wrapped his arms around Woohyun's back and closed his eyes as he let himself be engulfed in Woohyun's passionate kiss.   All the worries that he had, disappeared from his mind.  He wished that this moment would last forever.


Several hours later, Woohyun fell asleep in the passenger seat as Sunggyu drove them back.  Sunggyu smiled as he looked at Woohyun's serene sleeping face.  He was holding onto Woohyun's hand, while driving with the other.  When he cast his eyes back on the road ahead, his eyes widened in surprise when he caught sight of a familiar figure.  He glanced at Woohyun who was still in a deep sleep.  He contemplated for several moments, before he turned the car back.


Sungyeol had spent several hours searching for Myungsoo after deciding that he could not leave him alone.  But it seemed Myungsoo did not want to be found.

As he walked, Sungyeol felt someone approaching him from behind.  When he turned back, he was met with the blade of the masked figure, attempting to slash his throat.  Having not recovered from his injuries, Sungyeol could only do his best to defend the attacks.  The masked figure struck his sword at Sungyeol, who managed to avoid the blade.  He grimaced when he felt his wound reopening and looked down at his chest to see the blood seeping through his shirt.

Without warning, the masked figure charged forward to attack again.  Sungyeol caught the blade with one hand while he clutched at his wound with the other.  The masked figure plunged the blade forward as it slipped through Sungyeol's grasp and pierced his chest, just missing his heart.

Sungyeol stumbled back as he fell to the ground.  He let out a small laugh, realising that this was the end.  He closed his eyes and gave up trying to defend as the masked figure dealt the finishing blow.

He expected to feel the cold steel rip through his body, instead he heard the clash of steel against steel.  He opened his eyes to find a person standing in front of him, blocking the lethal blade with a sword in his hands.

Myungsoo glanced at Sungyeol before casting his eyes on the masked figure.  "So, you're the judge," said Myungsoo.  "Let's see who you really are."

Myungsoo charged at the masked figure and the two fought, blade against blade.  Sungyeol watched in amazement at how strong Myungsoo was.  He did not look like someone who had just recovered from an almost fatal wound.  No wonder he was the best in the group, thought Sungyeol.

The masked figure seemed hesitant to continue any further as he looked at Myungsoo.  He pulled back and disappeared from the scene before Myungsoo could stop him.  Myungsoo contemplated on pursuing, but instead, he turned back and walked over to Sungyeol.

"Who's the one that needs to be careful?" asked Myungsoo as he helped him up.


He stood and looked at the patch of blood on the ground.  "I'll find you," he said as he walked back to the car.