The Two Families

Prince Charming

You were going to meet your fathers' best friend's family at your summer house near the beach. It was a perfect day to go because it was really sunny and clear. You were happily listening to your music while you brother was playing his video games. When you finally reached the summer house you already saw a car parked in the garage.

An hour before you left *Flashback*

"Why are we suddenly meeting fathers' best friend's family?" your brother asked.

"Should we tell him honey?" your mother asked her husband.

He nodded and said, "He'll find out sooner or later.."

"Your fathers' best friend has a son around Eunmi's age and when they were 4 years old we arrnaged with their family that they will be married once they finish high school.." your mother explained.

Your brother's eye widened at the thought that his little sister will marry someone she doesn't know and who knows if she'll love him in that way anymore.

"What?! Does Eunmi know?" your brother said a bit to loud.

"Hush son!" your father ordered.

He quieted down and asked, "Does she know who that guy is?"

Your mother shook her head.

"We haven't seen their son since he was 5 years old when he went to Eunmi's birthday party. But that is why we're going to spend the day with them at our summer house.. We're going to met them and hopefully Eunmi would get along with their son." your mother explained and nodded.

"What if she doesn't?" he asked.

"She will.." your father said in confidents.

*Flashback over*

Your brother was still not over the fact that your parents has already decided on the man that his little sister is going to spend the time with. But he promised his parents that he would not say a word to you and that we'll see the progress later on.

"Eunmi, we're here." your brother gently shook you.

You woke up and got out of the car to stretch.

"It's nice to be back to our summer house~" you said as you stretched.

You got your bag from the trunk and walked in the house with your family. You were aware that you're going to spend the day with your fathers' best friend's family but you didn't know that they had a son.

"Mom, could you get me some water?" the boy asked.

"Go to the kitchen and get yourself  some water.." his mother said.

The boy sighed and walked into the kitchen. He looked around the kitchen to look for a cup but he had to look through the cupboards. He finally got a cup and poured some water.

"They're here." his father announced.

The boy walked back in the living room and sat on the couch and turned the tv on. He was watching a rerun of the music bank and 2NE1 was singing I Am The Best.

"Lower the volume." his father said.

He sighed and lowered the volume by a little.

"Kevin! How long has it been?" his father said.

"John! It has been 3 years since we had time to have a normal conversation." your father said and hugged his friend.

Their wives greeted each other and complimented on their outfits and new hairstyles.

"Son, this is Mr. and Mrs.Kim" your father said to your brother and he greeted them.

"This is my son." your father introduced him to Mr. and Mrs.Kim.

"And this is my lovely daughter, Eunmi." your father said.

You walked beside your brother and father and greeted them.

Mrs.Kim waved her son over so she can introduce them to your family.

"Mr. and Mrs.Choi this is our son, Myungsoo." she said.

Myungsoo got up from his seat to stand between his parents, he noticed you from afar and was shocked.

"Myungsoo oppa?" you managed to say.

Your parents looked at you a bit suprised.

"You know him?" your mother asked.

You nodded.

"He goes to the same school as I do." you said and smiled.

Myungsoo's parents looked at their son and then back at you. They noticed how shocked their son was but was pleased that they have history with each other.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs.Choi, my name is Myungsoo. It's nice to meet you." he introduced.

Your father laughed and shook his hand.

"It's been so long now.. Hasn't it John, your son has grown up and he is so handsome." your father said.

Mr.Kim laughed and nodded. Proud that his son has grown up so well and healthy.

"Your children has grown up so well and your daughter grew up so beauitful and your son is much more handsome." Mr.Kim said.

"Why don't you kids go upstairs and play." your mother suggested.

You nodded and grabbed Myungsoo's and your brother's arms and dragged them upstairs to your brother's room.

"Let's play some cards while watching some tv." you suggested and took a deck of card from your brother's book shelf.

They nodded and your brother grabbed the controller from his bed and the tv. It was no doubt a rerun of music bank but now it's 2NE1's Ugly.

"Myungsoo oppa, this is my big brother Seunghyun." you thought you should introduced.

"Hi Seunghyun hyung. It's a pleasure to meet you." Myungsoo said.

"Same here. You're also in the dance group called Infinite right?" your brother asked.

Myungsoo nodded but was a bit shocked at how he knew. Seunghyun noticed that Myungsoo was suprised but Seunghyun pointed at you who were still shuffling the cards while watching the tv. He nodded and smile.

"I wanted to thank you for helping my sister from those 3 es the other day. Please also tell your friends I appreciate them for saving my little princess." your brother said softly.

"Your welcome. We'll do our best to protect Eunmi from those es." he promised.

Your brother nodded and thought, *This is going to be interesting*

"I'm hungry. Oppa do you want anything to eat?" you asked when you finished passing out the cards.

"Yeah. Are you going to get something to eat?" he asked.

You nodded and got up turned around and asked, "Myungsoo oppa, do you want something to eat?"

He shook his head.

"Too bad, you're going to get something anyways." you said and skipped downstairs.

Myungsoo laughed and continued to watch the tv.

*Myungsoo's flashback*

"Why are we were mom?" Myungsoo asked.

"We're here to spend the day with your fathers' best friend's family." your mother answered.

"This is their summer house?" Myungsoo asked.

"Ne." your mother responded.

Your mother gave your father a look and he shook his head.

"What's going on..." Myungsoo asked a bit suspicious.

"Oh nothing son." your father said.

"Mom..." he asked a bit more serious now.

"Honey. He's going to find out sooner or later.." your mother said and sighed.

She sat next to you on the couch and your father sat beside your mother. She explained the real reason why you're spending time with Mr. and Mrs.Choi and about the arranged marriage.

"WHAT?! I have a fiancee?" Myungsoo said loudly and stood up.

He couldn't speak and so many thoughts were in his head.

*Who is she? I don't love her. Why is this happening to me? Does she know? Who planned this?* and etc.

You took several deep breath before you could ask your parents about the girl.

"Who is she? What's her name?" Myungsoo demanded.

"Her name is Choi Eunmi. That's all I know.." your father said.

Your eyes widened.

"Is there any photo of her in here?" you asked and now you're very curious if the Choi Eunmi they were talking about was the same Choi Eunmi you know.

Your mother got up from her seat and found several pictures of Eunmi and her family and one picture with Eunmi, her older brother, and me..?

"Mom, is that... Me??" you asked.

She nodded and said, "Our family and their family are great friends and that is one reason why we decided to have you and Eunmi to have the arrange marriage."

"Oh..." he said.

*Myungsoo's flashback over*

"I'm back.. With fooood and some lemonade." you said.

Your brother and Myungsoo placed the cards on the ground and helped you put the dishes on the table. You played cards for an hour and then for the rest of the day you went to the beach and went swimming. You were playing in the water with your brother while Myungsoo was coming out of the house in his swim trunk.

"YAH! Oppa come here! I need my revenge!" you shouted.

Seunghyun was a great swimmer so it took a while before you caught up to him. There were small waves so it was harder to catch him. You saw Myungsoo walking towards to water and you shouted, "Myungsoo oppa! Please help me catch oppa!!"

Myungsoo nodded and swam to where you were and started searching for your brother.

"Where is he?" he murmured.

"I don't know.. The waves are blocking my vision.. I hate being short.." you groaned.

"Here let me help you." he said and lifted you up on his shoulders.

Your blushed but held onto Myungsoo's hands. You saw a figure underwater and pointed to the way and Myungsoo started walking. But it wasn't your brother so you walked away.

"Hey Eunmi!! Is that really you?" said a familiar guys voice.

You turned around and Myungsoo turned too.

"Jiyong oppa!" you shouted.

Myungsoo helped you off his shoulder and you ran towards Jiyong and a female friend. Jiyong gave you a hug and you recongized the female friend Jiyong was with..

"Bom unni!" you shouted and hugged her tightly.

"Wow! Eunmi, you've gotten much more prettier than the last time I saw you." Bom said.

You blushed but shook your head and said, "No. Park Bom unni is the prettiest girl I've ever seen~"

She giggled and thanked you.

"So Eunmi. Who's that fella you were on?" Jiyong asked.

You blushed and Bom slapped his arm and hushed him.

"Don't say it like that Jiyong." Bom said.

"Ouch! That hurts honey." Jiyong teased.

You couldn't help but giggle at the couple's bickering and you waved Myungsoo over. He walked over and the couple stopped bickering.

"Jiyong oppa, Park Bom unni, this is my friend Myungsoo." you introduced.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you." Myungsoo shyly greeted.

"Oh! He's so handsome~" Bom squealed.

"YAH!" Jiyong shouted in jealousy.

You and Bom started giggling and Jiyong just eyed Myungsoo.

"Are you guys dating?" Jiyong suddenly asked.

You and Myungsoo were shocked and looked at each other. You blushed and shook your head.

"Oppa, we're just friends." you answered.

"Aww. You guys would've been such a cute couple." Bom stated in disappointment.

Jiyong nodded in agreement.

After chatting with Jiyong and Bom you guys decided to play chicken fight since you were already at the beach. You asked Myungsoo and he also agreed. Myungsoo helped you onto his back and Jiyong helped Bom onto his back.

"Let's go!" you shouted and Myungsoo walked towards Jiyong and Bom.

You bowed in respect towards Bom but you tried your best to one because before the game started you guys bet that whoever loses in the 3 Rounds then the loser team has to buy smoothie for the winners.

"Let's win this honey!" Jiyong cheered on his girlfriend.

"Come on Eunmi! You can do it!" Myungsoo cheered on you.

You were struggling and you were almost falling but Myungsoo helped you up. You grabbed onto Bom's arms and that helped you lift your body back and you pushed Bom to the left side. Myungsoo thought of an idea and went closer to Jiyong.

"Hi Jiyong hyung." he said seductively.

Jiyong was suprised but played along.

"Why hello there Myungsoo baby." Jiyong replied back and much more seductively.

"YAH! What are you guys doing?" Bom shouted in jealousy.

You took that chance and pushed Bom off and she made a SPLAT!

"Baby are you okay?" Jiyong asked and helped her up.

"Yeah.. No thanks to you." Bom mumbled.

You and Myungsoo high five each other and happily jumped around in the water. The sense of victory tasted so good.

"Round 2. The guys turn." you announced.

Myungsoo got on your back but he was worried that he was too heavy for you. Same goes for Jiyong and Bom but you winked at Bom and she winked back.

"GIRL POWER!!~" you and Bom shouted.

"Ready.." Bom said slowly.

"START!" you shouted and slowly made your way to the center.

The guys were taking much more longer and you were struggling in keeping your head out of the water. Bom on the other hand was trying to stand still but Jiyong kept moving around like a wild bull.

"YAH! Jiyong stop moving around like a wild bull!" Bom shouted.

"Sorry baby!" Jiyong said and stayed still but still trying to push Myungsoo off.

"Myungsoo oppa fighting!" you cheered.

After the game you and Myungsoo won so Jiyong and Bom went to buy some smoothies. Myungsoo and you looked for a spot on the beach and waited for Jiyong and Bom. After the evening was over you ate dinner with Myungsoo's family. It was a lovely dinner and you had some much time to get to know Myungsoo's parents and about him as a child. But Myungsoo also got to know a bit more about you and how you were when you were a child too. Later on the two families went their separate path and went home. Your brother and you fell asleep during the car ride home.

"It seems like Eunmi and Myungsoo has gotten much more closer today. Who knew that Myungsoo goes to the same school as Eunmi.. Haha" your father whisphered.

"I think it's going to be a good process." your mother whisphered back.