Chapter Thirty-Four

Fiction

"No peeking," I whispered into Sunggyu's ear as we walked up a windy trail. I felt as if I wasn't doing enough for Sunggyu, so I decided that I needed to do more. I needed to bring him to the place I like to go to hang out alone. A field, but it was horrible trying to take Sunggyu up the windy trail without him finding out where he is. "Come one Woohyun, this is childish. Let me see where I am going," Sunggyu said as he sighed. I smiled, he was so cute. "That's not the point of a surprise," I said, "You aren't supposed to know where you are going. Stop complaining." He pouted as we finally got to the top of the trail and to the field. "Okay, now you can look," I said as I carefully removed my hands from his eyes. "Woah," He said as he walked away from me, "What is this place?" I smirked, "A field." He faced me as he rolled his eyes, "Really?" I laughed, "I like to call it the place of infinite possibilities," I said as I walked up to him and kissed him. 

 

"Why do you like me Woohyun? Out of all  the people you could have why me?" Sunggyu asked me. I smiled, "Remember to keep in account I have like, twenty people to choose from." Sunggyu just nodded, being non verbal. I felt bad. We were walking down the street and the snow had just fallen. I love the winter. I shoved my hands in my pockets. The awkward silence between us was unbearable."You are a one of a kind Sunggyu. All the others... They are the same. You stand out," I said. That was perfectly true. He was.. different. Not in a bad way though. He was just super smart. I smiled towards him, "It must be your cuteness." He shook his head as he shyly smiled at the ground, "But Woohyun, there are much cuter people in our grade." Actually, there weren't. "Really? I haven't noticed." Sunggyu smiled, "You are so cheesy Woohyun." No matter how cheesy it was, it was true. "I'm serious Sunggyu. You're the only one for me." I loved him. And I wanted him to be the only person to know my feelings towards him. It was like our little secret.

 

"Guess what today is!" Sunggyu said as he walked up to me. I was at my locker grabbing my history book. I was stumped. I had no idea what today was. "Monday?" I asked as Sunggyu shook his head, the big smile still on his face. "Humor me," I said as his smile grew wider. "Silly! It's our one month anniversary." One month since the dare. One month of dating Sunggyu. One month it took for my feelings to grow towards him. One month of my feelings towards him that I kept from Dongwoo. One month. "Time has just flown by," I said as I turned to see him holding out a bunch of  flowers towards me. It was so... Not Sunggyu. He was usually shy and hid his feelings but here he was in the middle of the school hallway holding out a bunch of flowers for everybody to see. "Wow Sunggyu," I said as I took them while smiling at him, "I feel bad. I totally forgot and didn't get you anything." He shrugged, "It's okay. All I want is you." I smirked, "Now look at who is being cheesy."