I'm Sorry (Kaiminzy)

Kaiminzy & Taeminzy Drabbles

 

Jongin look at Minji who was torn apart. He didn't mean it but no matter how many times he apologizes, nothing can replace what he have done to her or rather what he have wanted her to be. Minji can never be the person Krystal was ever was to him. If there was anything that he ever tried in the relationship the past 6 months was to try and change Minji into his ex, something that Krystal will always be in him, a trait of a perfect girlfriend that was engraved in his heart forever. The way Krystal calls him, the way she cooks for him or greet him when they meet as well as the way they snuggle to each other. All are never the same when it comes to Minji.

 

Even when there were times that they argue, he unintentionally blurts out those hurtful feelings that were between him and Krystal instead. A past that Minji does not know of, a hurtful yet memorable past to him which he have tried to revive again and again despite failing. After seeing those shock expressions of Minji's during their first argument slowly turn to those of frustrations in the recent arguments, Jongin could only conclude that Minji have caught on his act. The guilty act of trying to make her the person that she can never be. 

 

So when one day, he step into the shared home to see some of the items missing in the living room, he knew that he is going to lose another partner again. Walking slowly towards the bedroom that both him and Minji shared, he half expected her to be gone but there she was, Minji showing her back to him, the same back that reminded him of Krystal. As she slowly pack her items into the luggage that was close to full, Jongin had no idea how to approach her and suddenly, it felt like he is meeting Minji for the first time again. The feelings of awkwardness slowly creeping to him.

 

"Minji ah.."

 

"Oh.. Jongin." she said calmly as she packs her things.

 

"Are you...?" he asked cowardly without finishing his sentence.

 

"Leaving? It's what you want isn't it?" Minji replied without looking at him as she continues packing the last bits of her belongings.

 

"I..."

 

"It's ok, you don't need to explain." she replied as she close the luggage and zip it. 

 

Without saying a word, Minji brought her luggage down from the bed and pull up the handle before she walks away to the living room, walking pass Jongin. Unconsciously, he tagged along at her relaxed footsteps towards the door before pulling her free wrist from opening the door. He looks at her awkwardly before letting go of the hands that he just took hold of.

 

"We could still meet for coffee right?" Jongin asked.

 

"You didn't even ask me to stay Jongin." Minji turned to look at him this time with tears in her eyes.

 

"I'm sorry." Jongin looked away before he finds being himself pulled into those sad eyes.

 

"It's not like you can return me the past 6 months that you have hurt me." he heard her voice shivers.

 

"I'm sorry." he repeated knowing well how much he must have hurt her.

 

"Goodbye Jongin. I hope you find someone who is willing to be her." she said with a slight sarcasm before walking out the door. 

 

Jongin could only feel apologetic. He knew he was wrong and he didn't give Minji a chance to prove herself when he continuously compare her to his ex but he knew Minji will get over it, unlike the weak him. As he stood facing the door, he knew that it will be another lonely night by himself, surrounded by the pain of the past and the present.