26

Out Of The Line

 

 

 

“What happened?” Chanyeol looked up as his sister went down from her room.

“Yeollie!” She whined as she plopped beside him on the couch and hugged him.

“I’m going crazy.” She said and pressed her cheek on his chest.

“I only have one person to depend on, my baby giant.” She nodded.

Chanyeol made a face and continued reading the paper.

“Khun hyung arrived last night, he was looking for you.”

“I know.” She muttered.

“Did something happen, noona?”

“A lot happened, I don’t even know where to start.”

“Like what?” Khun was walking to them.

“Oh, you stayed over the night, hyung?”

Khun nodded and sat down across them.

“Have you eaten?” Chaekyung looked at her sibling.

“I have. I’m just waiting for a call before I leave for school. But, noona you should eat, don’t you have a shoot-”

“Crap! I almost forgot, come Buckyboo let’s eat.” She stood up and dragged Khun with her.

 

“Where were you last night? I kept on calling.” Khun chided as they sat down.

“I...fell asleep as soon as I came home from rehearsals.” She fibbed. Khun nodded.

“But, why are you here? Not that you’re not welcome.” She blinked.

“Yoonhee...she didn’t come. She couldn’t make it.”

“Really? Wae?”

“Her mom got sick, she had to go home-”

Chaekyung dropped her utensils and looked at him.

“Young miss, are you okay?” Butler Pyo asked her. Chaekyung shook her head.

“Chae?” Khun looked at her.

“I—I’m fine, sorry.” She picked them up and started to eat again.

“That’s a waste then, Khun.” She nodded.

“I just wanted to talk to you about that last night, but you were ignoring me.” Khun pouted.

“Well you didn’t really have to invade my room.” She spat.

“But I really needed to talk to you so, I slept here.” He grinned.

“Tsch.” She hissed.

 

 

Khun watched as Chaekyung posed for the camera. She was having the shoot for Lotte Department Store, he smiled as Chaekyung slipped of her heels and the lights dimmed. She thanked the photographer before walking to him.

“Good job.” He grinned at her.

“Thanks, president.” She replied as he followed her to the dressing room.

“Don’t you have work?”

“Later.” Khun shrugged.

“Then, can you come with me? I wanted to-”

“Mall?” Khun looked at her.

“You know how much I love you, right?” She winked back.

“Fine.” He sighed.

 

Chaekyung needed a distraction. She wanted to tell him badly but she doesn’t know how to start.

“How about this? This would suit you well.” Khun said as he picked up a pair of purple YSL stilettos. Chaekyung looked up and nodded.

“Her size.”Khun said to the sales assistant, she nodded and left.

“Manager Im sent me the tickets to that show you told me about, you didn’t tell me you were walking .” Khun said as he followed her. Chaekyung stopped looking through the clothes and blinked at him.

“?”

“Swimwear. .” He shrugged, Chaekyung smiled. Khun was always the conservative type, that’s why he was never so supportive of her career.

The sales assistants watched in admiration as their boss and Chaekyung walked around, even though Khun rarely went around shopping with her, they admired their friendship.

“It’s not .” She shook her head and picked up a mini dress.

“I’ll try this on.”

Khun nodded, Chaekyung was about to walk towards the dressing room, when she saw Yoonhee approaching them. She froze and almost tripped in her heels.

“What’s wrong?” Khun gripped her elbow, then he looked up.

“Hey.” Yoonhee smiled.

“Is your mother okay?” Khun asked her, Yoonhee nodded and hugged him.

“Mian, I had to cancel.”

Chaekyung’s fingers curled around the dress, she looked away.

“Chaekyung-ah, can I borrow your bestfriend for a while?” Yoonhee asked playfully.

Khun smiled at Chae.

“No.” Chaekyung looked up, Yoonhee’s eyes widened.

“Chaekyung?” Khun looked at her.

“You can’t. I need to talk to him.” Chaekyung replied and took Khun’s arm.

“I’m sorry, but he has to come with me. Right?” She looked at Khun.

Khun frowned, and started to pull away.

“Chae, is something wrong?” Yoonhee asked.

Chaekyung’s insides hurled.

 

“If you pull away now, Ho Nichkhun, I’m going to be angry.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=