33

Out Of The Line

 

 

Chaekyung was driving out from the campus when her phone started ringing.

“Yes?”

“Miss Park, this is secretary Seo.”

She winced.

“President, he’s..he isn’t...”

“Something happened again?”

“Yes. Can you come by and talk to him?”

“I can’t. Call Yoonhee instead.”

Chaekyung put her phone down and sighed.

She wanted to be mean and at least teach him a lesson, but she couldn’t. And it frustrated her more that he wouldn’t believe her. Yoonhee was lying to him to his face and yet Khun refused to see it.

And it hurt her more that they were already fighting about it.

“I should just let him be.” She murmured.

 

 

Chansung stepped in the office.

“I heard. I spoke with Director Song already-”

“Did you tell him that he can leave his position?” Khun asked. Chansung stepped back and looked around.

Chaekyung wasn’t in the office and Khun was in a bad mood. He sighed and walked to the leather seat.

“Hyung,” He started, then he closed his mouth.

“I’ll speak with Song personally. You....calm down first.” He said as he stood up.

Chansung left quietly, Khun rubbed his temples and stepped down. He checked the time on his wristwatch; it was already around three in the afternoon. By this time, Chaekyung would barge in his office with an Americano and whatever food she could bring.

Khun shook his head and picked up his pen, just then the door opened.

“Hey.” Yoonhee greeted.

“Why are you here?” He blurted. Yoonhee blinked at him in confusion.

“Mi—Mian, I...was..thinking about something.” Khun smiled and stood up.

 

Chaekyung was dressed in a pair of mesh tights and a loose sweater as she went through her clothes. She was packing for her Japan trip.

“Noona?” Chanyeol peeked by the door.

“Come in.” She nodded him over.

Chanyeol scowled at her luggage.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back for your-”

“It’s not that I’m worried about, you’re talking about ending a more than fifteen years of friendship, noona.”

She sighed and tossed a bunch of shirts to her bag.

“I am not ending anything, I’m just keeping distance.”

“That’s not how I see it.”

“It isn’t what you see, Yeollie. Besides, I want to do this project.”

“That and you just saw an opportunity to get away.”

Chaekyung smiled and shook her head.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

filler chap :3