32

Out Of The Line

 

 

“Oh, eomma, appa.” Chanyeol was the first one to move.

“Sorry, we’re late, honey.” Mrs. Park said as she kissed her daughter’s cheeks.

“Why are you still with that woman?”

Chaekyung winced and glanced at Khun who was sitting beside Yoonhee.

“Eomma, I-”

“Auntie, I invited Yoonhee over.” Chaekyung stepped in and placed one hand on Khun’s shoulder.

“Chae, don’t cover for him.” Mrs. Ho said.

“I am not, it’s true. Right, Buckyboo?” Chaekyung looked at him, Khun nodded.

“I forced Yoonhee to come, it wasn’t Khun.”

“Still, I don’t like seeing you with my son.” Mrs. Ho said to Yoonhee before turning away.

Chaekyung pulled her hand back and walked to her parents.

“We’ll be heading home now, don’t stay out too late.” Her father said and kissed her forehead.

 

“Why did you do that?” Khun asked as they walked out of the bar.

Chaekyung turned to him.

“I’ll be going.” She replied and walked towards her car.

“Chae-”

“I’m not really in the mood to talk.”

Chaekyung slipped in her car and left.

Khun ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and stalked off to his car.

 

 

“Japan?”

Manager Im nodded and settled the papers in front of them.

“It’s a three week long schedule, and they really would want you to do it.”

Chaekyung nodded as she started to read the contract and offers made.

“Givenchy really wants you to be their face for Japan, Chae. What do you think?”

“I think...it’s a good experience. Can I call you after I talk to Yeollie about this?”

After a while, Manager Im left and Chaekyung walked to her car and left.

 

“You wanted to meet, noona?” Chanyeol asked as he strolled to his sister.

Chaekyung smiled at him and patted the seat next to her, they were at the school’s cafeteria and a lot of students were staring at her.

“I have...some arrangements.”

Chanyeol nodded and sat down.

“I’ll be leaving for Japan this Friday.”

“Vacation?”

“No, for work. I’ll be out for three weeks, is it okay?”

“No plans attending my graduation?” He asked, Chaekyung smiled and pinched his cheek.

“Ya, I’m not some irresponsible sibling. Of course I’d go home and pop in.”

Chanyeol smiled and pulled her up.

“This isn’t about the fight-”

“Nope, I want to take this project. It seems fun.”

 

Khun rubbed his temples and turned his back. His secretary was standing behind him, looking a little unsure.

“Cancelled? Last week it was delayed due to Director Song’s orders, now he wants it to be void?” Khun asked in the same soft voice that was menacing at the same time.

“Yes, president. He-”

“Why wasn’t I informed in advance?”

She swallowed.

“I--”

“Get me Chansung here.” Khun dismissed her with a wave of his hand.

 

The young woman scuttled off while trying to contact Chaekyung.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++