003

The Story Of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s been a long time since we last met up, wasn’t it?” Kyungsoo said, trying to break the silence.

“Not long enough. Didn’t we met yesterday?” Sehun said.

 

Silence fell again. Jaemi fidgeted with her fingers nervously. She cleared .

 

“Well isn’t this awkward” Kai said, stretching his hand to grab the book.

Suho stared at the window. “Funny how yesterday all of us was back to what we used to be” he mused, loud enough for the entire table to hear.

“What we used to be?” Lay asked quietly.

Suho nodded. “Look at you guys, can’t even look at each other’s in the eye. Can’t even talk without having to rip each other’s throat out.”

 

Sehun snorted. “Just like a certain someone I could mention, but won’t.”

“Yeah right, put all the blame on me” Kris said sarcastically, glaring daggers at him. Suho raised both his hands dramatically. “See what I mean?”

“People change” Sehun said quietly.

 

“I wonder what happened to us” Jaemi said. “Somebody turned into the biggest jerk. That’s what happened” Kris said.

“When will I got to see a peaceful Sehun and Kris?” Chen asked in a sing song voice. “Not in a million years” Suho replied.

“Oh dear, I don’t even remember when this picture was taken” Lay mused, the picture.

 

“Oh no, not that one” Jaemi wailed. They were taking turns passing the book to one another. Sehun was sniggering at her, enjoying her misery.

 

 

 

Flashback, 16 years ago.

“YAH OH SEHUN STOP STEALING MY DOLL!” Jaemi shrieked, stepping over Baekhyun’s dainty little hands.

“Watch it! OMMA JAEMI STEPPED OVER MY HANDS!” Baekhyun wailed with a voice that could rival an opera singer, despite his age. Mrs Byun rubbed her hands against her temple, exhausted with the ruckus made by 13 hyperactive children.

It was Baekhyun’s 6th birthday party and their parents had decided to make an indoor party.

 

Big mistake.

 

Sehun has taken a liking to Jaemi’s doll, saying that it’ll look better if it was attached to a firecracker on its back. Where on earth he had gotten the firecrackers was unknown. Jaemi desperately ran after him to get her precious doll back.

The party had barely started yet Xiumin and Luhan had successfully broke a small vase. They were both playing catch using a small tennis ball somebody had gotten Baekhyun as a present, when Tao accidentally knocked Xiumin down, who knocked Luhan down who, released his hold on the ball and split the poor vase into perfect two shards.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter