Chapter 17

Let Me Tell You Love Is Real

  Life changed in so many ways. I have sucessfully debuted as an actress in a teen drama, securing my first role as a quiet but loyal sidekick of the main female lead, named "Lee Misun". It wasn't a huge role, but owing to the drama's huge popularity, it was considered quite a success for a rookie debut, earning some recognition here and then on the streets. My dad had finally quit harping on his aspiration of getting me into the business stream and is, on the weird side, beginning to enjoy boasting about his "Lee Misun" daughter to his business partners nowadays, which I find creepy.

  On the other side, Jiyong and I had been doing well. We don't look like couples, which is actually lucky since it was not an open affair, but the same old us, bickering and squabbling occasionally, sometimes breaking into small fights which always ended up with his hair being viciously tugged on by me as he is never attacking but always defending. Our dates mainly comprises of us staying in his car with heavily tinted windows and just cuddle or he would come over to my place, where we would spend hours howling over the karaoke system I have. My father particularly hates that, though, for Jiyong would start singing horribly loud and offtune to the point that my father couldn't take it and ran out, cursing about how these people could be chart topping singers. Once my father is out of the house, Jiyong would smirk, whispering an apology before we settle down to sing seriously.

  Since I'm no longer considered a trainee, I stopped having to help out with Jiyong's schedules, which he whines endlessly about it and truthfully, I have to admit that I kind of missed those days too.The time available for us to see each other isn't much, with his schedules and my filmings always clashing, and it wouldn't make sense if we are always seen together in the building either. One of the only rare times where we could be alone in the company is at night, when everyone's left and Jiyong's the only one camping in the studio, where I would buy him supper and just stay and accompany him, checking out his latest music, just like today.

  He's sitting by the desk, infront of the computer, tapping a pen to the beat of his feet tapping on the ground rhythmically. Opening the door as gently as I could so that I wouldn't disturb the flow of his thoughts, I tiptoed cautiously into the sound proof room with the packet of Jajangmyeon in my hands, a dark smile creeping on my lips, approaching his back carefully, all ready to jump on him suddenly, my mind already filled with the precious images of his look of shock and scare when-

  "If you're intending to scare me, you should abort the mission. I've never heard a girl with heavier footsteps than you." Jiyong said smoothly, a sly smirk forming on his face as I scowled. Spinning his chair around swiftly to face me, he looked down at the food in my hand eagerly, "So what had you bought me this time?"

  I hugged the noodles defensively, "You're thinking of savoring my JaJangmyeon after calling me heavy, Mr Kwon? Dream on!"

  Jiyong's eyes lit up as he quickly repeated "Janjangmyeon?" and I puckered my lips up, frowning at him, "Where's the chopsticks?" He asked, excited. Who would've thought how hungry this idol is to look this desperate for a bowl of 3000won noodles?

  "Uh uh, not giving it." I teased.

  "It's a matter of time before you'd give it to me, Kitty." Jiyong crooned, "I know you can't stand seeing me.. starve."

  I narrowed my eyes at him, which he never fails to respond by swallowing nervously and taking a small step back. "I'm heartless to hungry men, Ji." I said smugly, sticking a tongue out as I unwrapped the packaging, revealing the fine, greasy noodles within coated with a layer of delicious dark sauce topped with small chunks of boiled radish. Smirking victoriously, I stared at Jiyong who"s in turn staring at the noodles longingly as I seperate the wooden chopsticks. Hearing the snap, he quickly turned to me with his puppy eyes fully loaded, and back to the noodles pleadingly. Damn, why do he always have to look this cute?

  Hardening my heart, I stuck my chopsticks in and popped a piece of radish into my mouth slowly, barely not spitting it out from laughter at the look on Jiyong's face. His eyes followed the piece of vegetable, gasping as it reaches my mouth, then staring at me with outrage as I munched on it, clearly torturous to him.

  "You.. You.." He stammered unbelieving, pointing a shaky finger at me as I burst out in laughter. Why does he always have to be so dramatic for food?

  "What?" I said, stiffing my laughter as I tried to sound nonchalent. "I only had a piece of radish, are you going to kill me for it?"

  "The- Ugh! How do I explain to you- the jajangmyeon is NOT COMPLETE now!" He protested, whining as his brows knitted together. "You ate it just because I said your footsteps were heavy? You petty little- Aish." He continued, moving his precious noodles a safe distance away from me before throwing me a dirty look.

  "It's just radish, for god's sake Ji! If I ever post online how obsessive the cool rapper is about radishes..":

  "It's THE radish, Kyungmi! Why don't you understand the importance of the role the radish contributes in this dish?"

  "You were the one who said I was heavy which means-"

  "You." He said, narrowing his eyes this time as he took a step towards me, and another, and another, staring menacingly as I backed away nervously, "have fats on your thigh." I whimpered, backing away further as he proceeded, "YOU. Cannot fit into XS size." Another step. "YOU. Weights fifty kg." He continued as I backed up against the wall without anywhere else to run to as he got nearer, rounding me up. 

  "It's only a piece of rad-" I stuttered nervously, wondering what kind of absurd situation this is but he silenced me by pressing his palms on the walls of my either side, his eyes dangerously close to mine. Although it has been some months since we were togther, I still find this kind of distance nerve wrecking as my bklood pounded, gushing at my face at once, my eyes blinking frantically.

  "You, are miles from my ideal type." Jiyong whispered as I swallowed, unsure of what to do to pacify him, "So tell me what did you do-"

  He tilted his face, smirking now as he leaned in even closer.

  "-that made me this attracted to you?"

  I swallowed hard this time, unsure of how to respond. He smiled, inching in inches by inches as I shut my eyes tightly, totally trapped between him and the wall, my hands clenched into fists nervously by my sides.

  I felt his breath, extremely close now. He tore his hands from the wall to cup my face and then..

  The door slammed closed and we both jumped. Jiyong released me right away, frowning upon the door as I scrambled there to check immediately who it was. My hands fumbled at the door handle and I swung it open with my might as I saw a fugure turning down from the corridor to the next, his hands in his pocket as he dissapeared from view.

  But before he did, I think I caught something, even though it was only a back view I saw.

  The messy, wavy chocolate brown hair.


Fluff then cliff hanger. 

 

COMMENT YOUR GUESSES!

 

 I'll try to update as often as I can.