Chapter 16

It's her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungmi's POV

"Okay, so what do you need?" His voice spoke in a low tone. Furrowing your eyebrows, you hid behind a pole and watched as Kai was still on the phone. "A dare? You want me to do a ing dare to her?" 

He pinched the bridge of his nose and walked in a complete circle before saying. "I can't do that to her." 

"Because she means so much more than just a dare." A long pause was sounded and he took a step in your direction, making you jump a little bit when he called out "Who's there?" You covered your mouth but it seemed odd because you made literally no sound for him to hear you.

He was about to take another step but it seemed to have appeared that the person started talking again. "Okay fine, but if she gets too attached I swear that I will find you and kill you." 

You watched as he hung up the phone and entered the car parked outside and shut it with a slam.

"Kyungmi, will you go out with me this weekend?" Oh, so that's what he meant by a dare? You thought.  I should've known better. 

"I'm sorry, I can't."

You entered your room, not without closing the door with a slam and headed towards your bed. You faced the ceiling with a sad sigh. "I mean that much to him, huh?" You turn your body towards the wall to sulk a little bit more. 

"And I actually thought we had a chance." 

"What on earth are you talking about, sweetie?" A voice called and you turned around with a yelp but relaxed once you found your mom by the door. "Who's 'we'?"

"Mom, I just- I thought I had a chance with a boy but it turns out that it was all a dare." 

A look of sympathy was on her face and she gently closed the door before walking towards you and bringing you into a big hug. "Oh, honey." Your mom said, smoothing your hair out and pouted "It'll all be over soon." 

"You don't get it, mom, I actually thought we had a chance. If I didn't hear his conversation.. I would've said yes and been part of a dare." You said and got out of her embrace.

"I started liking him, too."

She looked at you and smiled a bit. "I know it's one of your brother's friends, so you know what? You go out there, and you show him that that stupid dare is something he'll regret. Because you're a jewel, honey. He just doesn't know that yet." 

"You know what? You're right, mom." You say and get up. "I don't even need a person like him when there are plenty of fish in the sea." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter