Rivalry

Red Light

  The first thing Soojung saw was a black hexagoned alarm clock, beeping rapidly as it shows the number of 7.45. She sat up, realizing she never had that alarm clock. As the matter of fact, none of the things in this room are familiar. Her room was decorated with a big painting of ocean (where her guns and knives are hidden behind.), this room was decorated with- well, almost nothing. Except at one side across the bed, was a wooden desk filled with worksheets and books.

 

  Noticing the alarm was still beeping. Soojung took the clock and pushed the off button.

 

  She wasn't hallucinating, then. The figure she saw back in the restaurant was a person. But who?

 

   Soojung stood up and walked towards the door. Wondering if the owner's in this house because she wanted to thank the person that saved her. But as soon as she found out who it was, her attempt to say thank you sank down .

 

  "Oh, finally." Said Sehun calmly. He put a plate of omelette to a plate on the dining table. "You're awake."

   Soojung's expression hardened. "You!"

"Don't worry, dad won't be here until tomorrow. Take a seat, breakfast will be ready."

  Soojung scoffed in disbelief. "You're the one who saved me?"

"Hey, don't you think you should thank me? I could've let you die burning in that restaurant." Sehun chuckled.

 

  Soojung clicked her tounge. Sure, she would be very thankful to the person who saved her. Anybody but Oh Sehun, her rival in crime scenes. She was about to walk away, but Sehun stopped her.

 

  "Yah, you just got conscious. You need to eat to gain your energy." He said. 

"I don't need your pity."

"Tch, don't be stubborn. Be thankful i made you breakfast. Now please, take a seat."

 

  Reluctantly, Soojung turned around. She sat across Sehun and started eating the omelette in front of her. Silence began to grow between them as they had their breakfast.

 

 

   Sehun himself wasn't really sure why did he save her yesterday. If he let Soojung die, it would probably decrease the murder victims. But then he realized there was something different...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  "Hey, i never thought Sehun would come too."

"I know right! Gosh, he's so hot!"

 

  Jongin's girl friends, Yuri and Seulgi, whispered to each other while throwing glances at Sehun. Which made him uneased. Were they talking about his rumours about him killing someone? Or were they making fun of him? Sehun tried not to care about it. But their obnoxious giggles and whispers were just annoying.

 

 

  But Jongin who heard their conversation only chuckled. He patted Sehun's shoulder.  "See? I told you the girls will like you!"

 

Sehun huffed. "They're kinda annoying."

 

"Tch, what do you mean- they're the best female dancers in campus! You're lucky-"

 

  Suddenly a bunch of people passed through them. Running in panic. Some of them bumped to Sehun.

 

"FIRE!!"

 

 

 

   Jongin and friends glanced each other. They looked around and spotted a sushi restaurant not far from them. A huge flame surrounding the restaurant.

 

  "Oh my! We need to do something!" Exclaimed Yuri, getting panicked as well when she saw the situation.

"Should i call 119?" Asked Seulgi.

"Yes, quick!" Said Jongin."Guys, we need to find fire extinguishers! There should be some around here. Seulgi, you stay here and call the emergency number!"

 

They nodded. Jongin and Yuri ran in separate ways, trying to find the fire extinguisher. While Seulgi took out her phone and dialled emergency number.

 

"Hello? I'm in Dongdaemun Mall in..."

 

  Sehun was about to catch up with Jongin. But then he heard a distinct sound from a distant. It wasn't really clear. But it's clear enough it came from the restaurant. Without thinking twice, he went closer to the restaurant.

 

   Sehun raised his head a bit. Searching the source of the scream came from. He was surprised when he found out it was Soojung. Lying hopelessly on the floor near the bar.

 

    This made him hesitate. Should i help her? He thought. Reminding Soojung is a criminal, he questioned himself does Soojung is worth to be helped. 

 

  He saw her eyes, glistening in fear. Her body was shaking crazily as if she was unable to move. Her lips kept crying for help, which become more distinct at a time. Never did once Sehun saw Soojung looked so weak and terrified. He then realized that she couldn't save herself. With that, His heart was moved.

 

"Sehun-ah! What are you doing?! Get out from there!" Cried Seulgi, astonished seeing him stepping closer to the restaurant.

 

  But Sehun ignored her. Encouraging himself, he dashed into the burning place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Sehun wondered why Soojung did nothing but crying for help. If he were her, he would run as fast as he could while there are some spaces. But she didn't. He guessed that Soojung must have some kind of trauma with fire.

 

 

"Why are you staring at me?"

  Soojung's cold voice made him regain his conscious. Her sharp black eyes were glaring at him. Her eyebrows rose.

  Whoa, intimidating. Is it wrong to admit her eyes are beautiful? Sehun chuckled and crossed his arms to his chest. "Geez, what happened to the Soojung i knew?"

"You already know my other identity. So why would i stay in that character?"

"I see." Sehun took a bite of his omelette. "Anyway, judging by the way you cried helplessly back there. You must have a terrible past about fire, huh?"

"It's none of your business." Soojung's voice went colder. Her past is her fatal weakness and she definitely doesn't want a single person to know it. Soojung had spent years to bury them down in the deepest part of her. But just yesterday, she showed Sehun her weakness. And she hated herself for that. Again, out of whole citizens of Seoul, why Oh Sehun?

 

   She was pretty satisfied that her last sentence is enough to shut him up. As silence filled the room, Soojung finished her meal fast. She doesn't want another conversation with this guy, nor anybody at the moment.

 

"Hey, you got your clothes burnt." Said Sehun, noticing the black shades of her clothes when Soojung took her bag on the couch, preparing to leave. "I can borrow you some clothes if you want."

 

  Soojung stepped towards the door. "I told you, Oh Sehun." She said. "I do not need your pity." And with that, she left Sehun's apartment.

 

  Sehun heaved a sigh. "Your welcome." He was offended. She didn't thank him at all, that was quite rude. But what would he expect? Soojung had an image to keep. And bowing rapidly while keep saying thank you would probably ruin her image.

 

  Nevertheless, The vision of Soojung's terrified eyes kept haunting his mind. She's very much different compared to the Soojung who just carelessly slammed the door close. Like she was weak and innocent, Sehun wouldn't believe this girl had killed so many people if he'd never seen her before.

 

How horrible is her past?

 

 

 

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

 

 

 

     

 

 

  Lunch time was the highest time where restaurants could be very crowded. Especially the famous 'Dae Noodle Restaurant'. Customers kept coming and leaving. The waiters and waitresses were busy taking orders, bringing dishes to customers. The chefs were busy making noodles and stuffs.

 

  But would they realize there's an owner of mafia group between them?

 

  At the corner, in one of those private tables sat Jihoon. Drank his one-shot soju. Sitting across him was a man far younger, probably in his early twenties. Gulfing down the noodles like he doesn't care of anything else.

 

"Tch, i can't believe i just sit with this brat." Jihoon clicked his tounge, looking at the younger man in annoyance.

"Take this as a charity, then. You're rich as hell, a bowl of noodle won't kill you." The young man simply replied.

"Can't you just get to the point and end this quickly? I don't want to waste my time with lower people like you." Said Jihoon, smirking.

 

  The young man set his chopsticks down. "Look at the TV, sir."

 

  Jihoon raised his head to the TV that was hung in the corner. Watching the news reluctantly. But then he smirked, "i see. New project?"

"Yep." Said the young man. "It's just the opening, though. There will be a lot more to come."

Jihoon laughed. "And your point for telling me is...?"

"Oh, because i'm going to ruin your reputation, if course!" The young man chuckled. "What else could it be?"

 

  Jihoon scoffed. "Yeah, good luck with that." He said sarcastically.

  But the young man didn't bother. A small smirk was formed on his lips. "I heard you've lost your best men. Kim Taeyong, Song Mino, Shim Changmin, Victoria Song. Am i correct?"

  Jihoon's smile vanished. His expression hardened. He started to take this a little serious.

 

"Face it, Mr. Jihoon. Your group is not as stronger as it used to be. Therefore, i think it's the best time for my group to return the table."

"Tch, your tiny group will never win against mine."

  "Really? Then, try to send your best man and prove who's the best." Said the young man.

  A chuckle escaped from Jihoon. "Is this a challenge i smell?"

 

  No matter how many times Jihoon tried to intimidate this guy. The young man didn't seem to be nervous at all. "You're not scared, aren't you?"

 

  After taking one-shot soju, Jihoon set down his glass. "Very well. We shall see who has the best masterpiece."

  The young man smiled satisfiedly. He took one bottle of soju and pour some to Jihoon's glass. Jihoon's sure the young man wasn't trying to be polite. But he raise his glass before taking some sips.

 

 

"I'm expecting a good results from you, Kai."

 

 


 

 

 

 

PUM PUM PUM~ /dramatic orchestra playing/ a new character has been revealed, everyone!!!

yeah, it's a bit shorter than last chap. but i do hope you like it though! feel free to give comments, reviews, and even critics so i can improve my writing!

thank you for subscribing, my dear readers~ see you in the next chap :)