#2 학 유 상

Red Light

  "Name, Hak Yoo Sang. Age, 28. Occupation, employee of GiBi corp. He died at 10 am in his office's rooftop." Park Bom opened the slide of her presentation. "The cause of his death was being stabbed abusively in his body. As you can see in this picture, Hak Yoo Sang has a lot of stabmarks on his body especially in his chest area. Based on this fact, my team assumed that the murderer didn't succeed killing him in one shot. So he, or she, decided to give plenty more."

 

  The detectives, including the TEN team, carefully observed the picture that shown on the monitor. Some of them are taking notes. Not wanting to miss a thing cause there might be a useful clue.

   Park Bom paused her presentation for a few minutes so the detectives have time to write it down. After reassuring that they'd done, she pressed the 'next' button on her remote. 

  "Now we move to the second case, Sara. Age, 24. Occupation, a model under KB entertainment. She died two hours after Hak Yoo Sang's death. Her corpse was found at the KB building with a stabmark below her left arm. Seeing the place where the murderer stabbed her, we can say that the murderer is a prodigy at knives. Because the murderer stabbed in a certain artery which only took five seconds to make Sara ran out of blood."

 

  "There are only five spots where those arteries located. Geez, This guy must be good." A man who sat next to Sehun exclaimed. 

"Good?"

   The man nodded. "Not all criminals know about this trick. And it takes a lot of training to cut right on that artery." He whispered to him.

   Sehun pressed his lips into a straight lines as he wrote a few notes. The guy next to him is Jung Tae Soo, a criminal profiler from the west team. Taesoo is well-known with his skill at analyzing criminal's act, Because he used to be one before. It's a long story. The thing is, if what Taesoo said is true, that means this murderer will not be easy to catch.

 

 

Interesting.

 

 

 

  "Fortunately, after 24 hours of investigating we finally found some evidences between these cases. From Hak Yoosang's case, we found a fingerprint on Hak Yoosang's glasses. Which brought us to a suspect named 'Kim Taehyung' who's also known as 'V', with a 90,5% match to the fingerprint." Park Bom pressed the button on her remote and a picture of a guy, or so called V appeared on the screen. "V joined the Red Alpha six months ago. And the interesting part is, both cases are apparently related with the Red Alpha. Why? Because we found this when we investigated Sara's crime scene."

 

   The red-haired woman took out an evidence bag. A medium-sized knife was kept inside the bag. Sehun smirked, he recognizes the knife really well. His father let out a deep chuckle, "hoho, that's Red Alpha alright." Sangwook muttered. Compared to other detectives, this father and son seems the most excited when it comes to Red Alpha.

 

   "Finally, the third case we will handle is Yang Soo Bin. Age, 31. Occupation, unknown. She was found dead this morning, as you might saw on TV. This could be our hardest case among the others because we found no suspect nor evidence. The only clue we had was a stabmark on her neck and a small cut on her right thigh."

 

  Sehun's hand was clenched tightly on his pen at the moment the third case revealed. It is kinda frustrating when you merely witnessed a crime you can easily say the name but then you realized that's not how it works.

  "Yah, what's wrong?" Asked Minho who noticed Sehun's hardened expression. But Sehun ignored him.

 

  He's got to catch that girl, immediately.

 

  "As for now, i would like to give these cases to each team. South team, you will taken the job of handling Hak Yoosang's case. The TEN team on Sara's. As for Yang Soobin, will be handled by us and the West team. Because the short time we had which one of the reason why we handle three cases at the same time, i'm hoping for a good coorporation. If your team has solved the case you may help the other teams."

   Park Bom put her hands on the podium, eyeing each of the detectives deeply with her dark iris. "Do i make myself clear?"

 

  Crystal clear. Sehun thought.

 

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Good. That would be the end of our meeting today. You may start your investigation tomorrow. Thank you for coming."

 

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

 

   Sehun ran a finger along files of cases on the shelf. It's been fifteen minutes he'd explored shelf by shelf with his teammates, Yeri and Minho. Gathering every information they could take that might be useful to solve the case.

  "Ugh, i need to solve this case and move to Yang Soobin's case immediately." He exhaled. Part of him is a bit disappointed because the TEN team got Sara's case instead of Yang Soobin.

 

   Yeri turned her head to Sehun and raised one eyebrow. She rested her arm against the shelf. "Seriously, why do you want Yang Soobin's case so badly?" 

  Sehun went blank for a moment, he didn't expect someone would heard it. "Me?"

  Yeri rolled her eyes. "I heard you, Sehun-ah. No need to hide it."

"Yeah, man. As if the name of Yang Soobin made you.. upset, you know what i mean?" Minho came out of the blue. Looking at Sehun with the same expression as Yeri. "Seems there is something between you and this case, huh?"

"Is it that obvious?" Asked Sehun.

Yeri shrugged. "You almost break the pencil at the meeting."

 

  The dark brown-haired man sratched his head. "It's just.. ugh, okay. Here's the thing," he then exhaled and gave a signal to his friends to come closer. And so as they did, Sehun looked at them deeply and whisper, 

 

"I know who the murderer is."

 

 

  Yeri and Minho were astonished. They threw each other a stare in disbelief before went back to Sehun. "How do you know?" Asked Yeri again, this time with lower voice.

"Because i witness that murder, right at the crime scene. With my own eyes."

   Their eyes widened. Sehun told them everything about his witnessing at the crime scene. Every single detail about it but the murderer's identity. Sehun decided to kept Krystal's identity to himself, and let them find out.

 

  "And that's why you want to solve that case?" Asked Minho. The younger man gave him a nod. 

"Hmm.. i see." Yeri took one file on the shelf. "We shall discuss it with the team, then." 

"No, we can't"

"Why?"

"If the whole team knows, there is a possibility for our focus to Sara would decreasing." Sehun explained. 

"Then, what are you going to do?" Asked Yeri.

  "I'll collect evidences and other things to proof the murderer guilty. Since my witness is not enough. And then i'll give it to the metropolitan team. But as for now," Sehun's eyes stared at Yeri and Minho. A cold aura were lighting up his dark iris, an aura he used to had whenever he's determined on something.  "We shall get this Sara's case done."

 

  The three of them lifted their heads to the entrance once they heard the door was creaked open. It turns out to be Sangwook. 

  "Oh, there you are." A wide grin was formed on the middle-aged-man lips. "Who's up for barbeque?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    "Uwaah.. Sangwook hyung, you really are the best!" Minho's eyes glistened in joy, looking at those beef cuts sizzling over the portable stove. 

 

   Sangwook only laughed as an answer, he took a bottle of Soju and pour it to his teammate's glass. 

  "It's not everytime you treat us." Yeri opened up a conversation while shoved a piece of meat to .

"Not really, Chief Jung gave me some money as an appreciation for capturing Changmin and Victoria. So i decided to share with you guys." Answered Sangwook as he drank his Soju in one shot. "We'll go to the crime scene first thing in the morning. I've told Doshik hyung all the details. He said he'll join us tomorrow."

   Sehun did nothing but concentrate on filling his stomach. God, he didn't know how hungry he is until he got here. He was in a deep thought as well. Back at the file room when they were collecting evidences and clues, Sehun observed the knife that stabbed Sara. He found a small initial carved on the blade: M. He wonders what could be the meaning behind that initial. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   The next morning, the TEN team went to KB ent. The company Sara'd worked in. As soon as they arrived, the team split up to do their part. Minho, Sehun and Sangwook had taken the job to check the CCTV while Yeri and Doshik were interogating the witnesses round the building. 

 

   Two local officers who guard the CCTV room gave Sangwook and the others a salute. Sangwook replied with a nod as he opened the door.

Minho went busy at the computer once they arrived, checking the CCTV files. "What time did Sara died again?"

"September 24th, uhm.. 12 PM." Said Sehun. Minho clicked his tounge as his hands busy typing on the keyboard. "Right on lunch time, such a perfect timing." He muttered. As he clicked the mouse, a collage of videos appeared from the monitor. Showing recorded videos from each camera.

"Are you sure they put cameras in sixth floor's stairway?" Asked Minho.

"It was known as the most quiet place. Back in 2010 a man named Lee Ki Hong did a ual harrassement to an employee there." Said Sangwook. "So they put a camera eversince." 

   Sehun eyed each videos carefully."Hey, there it is." He pointed at the third video from the corner. Minho clicked the video to see a clearer view.

 

   There was a woman, being dragged by a masked man. The woman was struggling hard as the masked man slammed her against the wall.

"I don't have anything! Let me go!!" Yelled the woman, Sara.

   Another man came to the scene. He was wearing all black like the masked man. But more, casual. And he was on the phone. Seems having a serious conversation as he kept his voice low.

 

"Alright, i'll see you tomorrow." The man ended the call and turned his face to Sara. "Good day, Sara-ssi." He smiled in an unusual way.

"What do you want from me?! You guys got to let me go or you'll have to take the consequences!!"

  A deep, low chuckle escaped from the man's mouth. "This girl is pretty tough too, huh? Lock her movement."

 

  Before Sara could do something, the masked man already locked her arms up high so she can't escape. The woman struggled hard but it was hopeless.

   "I have to be honest, Sara-ssi. We're actually don't have any business to your career nor your company." The man approached Sara. "But it's really nice to meet you."

 

   And so Sara fell to the ground. With a knife stuck in below her arm. Fresh blood gushing out in such speed. And like lieutenant Park Bom said, the cut the man gave her causing her to die within only five seconds.

 

"Geez, that was tragic." Minho muttered.
"At least we got a clue."  Said Sangwook. "Minho, tell the forensics to track this man's phone."

"I'm on it."

 

  Sangwook heaved a sigh, "Come on, son. Let's go to the crime scene."

  But Sehun didn't move a bit. His eyes were still focused on the screen. "Uh, go ahead dad. I'll catch you up later."

 

  As his father left, Sehun continue observing the video. He found some things that look familiar to him. First, he spotted a symbol on the mask from the masked man. Sehun realized the symbol was similar with the symbol on the knife. And the second was the other man, Sehun could've sworn he'd seen him somewhere. But where? When?

 

   The thing is, the forensics are going to track the man's phone. Which soon will lead the team to the man's identity. And now he knows for sure that the knife they've found belongs to the masked man.

 

 

 


 

 

A/N

Hello my dear readers! how are you guys? i hope you'll enjoy this chapter though it's kinda short. i'll try harder to update as soon as i can.

your supports are highly appreciated :)