Unveil

Red Light

  "So long, pal."

  At first, Sehun thought this was the end of his life. His reputation was about to be disgraced, for dying in Kai's filthy hands.

  Until he heard someone saying, "Not so fast."

  Sehun opened his eyes. Behind Kai, a gun was pointed at Kai's head. Krystal's expression remained calm and cold. Her finger on the trigger, ready to pull it if the man dares to do anything.

  He wasn't sure how he supposed to feel: angry, relieved, disbelieved, or simply confused. He decided to chose the last option.

  Kai casually put his hands up, and turned around slowly. "Well, what do you know? Good afternoon, Krystal-ssi." He chuckled.

  "If your blade get to cut his skin, your head will full with these bullets." She said coldly.

  "Ooo, scary." Kai winced in a mocking way. "But alright, i'll take my leave now. I shall see your next artwork, Krystal~"

  Sehun was a bit surprised, seeing how Kai simply left without any argument or fighting or whatnot. Part of him was thinking if Kai was afraid with Krystal, or is there a trap or something. But nevertheless, what more surprising him that Krystal came to him. The very least person he'd thought would come. 

  Sehun looked at the blonde girl, who moved to his back and untie the rope on Sehun's hands.

   "Why did you save me?"

   "Returning the favor." Krystal moved to the front, tried to untie his feet. "Ugh, it's stuck." She took out her knife and cut the rope with it. 

   Sehun rose from the seat, caressing the rope mark on his wrist. Still confused. "Well, thanks." He decided to say. He couldn't resist the urge to smile, finding out she still have some goodness in her. Although in a very small amount.

   The sound of the door slammed open surprised them. There were 6 men, all wearing formal suits and looked intimidating. One man was cracking his knuckles, approaching them. "You think master Kai would let you guys escape?"

  Uh-oh. Sehun and Krystal exchanged glances. The girl gave him a nod, and it took awhile until Sehun got the cue.

  Before the man could even know it, two fists swung directly in the man's face. The man fell to the ground, his nose and the corner of his lips bleeding. He looked at them with full anger, "Get them!"

  The other five advanced. Three were surrounding Sehun as the rest were on Krystal. 

  The first man tried to punch Sehun, but Sehun was fast enough. He dodged and counter attacked. He gave the man a hard kick on his ribcage. The second and the third man got to each of Sehun's side, about to give double attack. Sehun casually bent down, making the men hit each other's face like fools.

  On the other side, Krystal kicked one man and shot his head. Another guy swung his fist towards her and the girl instinctively held his arm, bent it to his back and pushed him until he fell on his knees, unable to make any move. She pointed her gun at his head and pulled the trigger.

  When she's sure the guy was dead, Krystal stood up. The sixth man stumbled backwards after been kicked by Sehun. Krystal leaped to the man, locking his neck between her legs and rolled backwards, managed to crashed him to the ground. A bullet struck through his chest a moment later.

  Sehun and Krystal stood still. Both catching their breath. They looked at three corpses and three badly wounded men.

  "Well," Sehun panted, "We made a pretty good team."

  "Yeah," Krystal ran her fingers through her hair. "I must say, you're not a bad fighter as it seems, Oh Sehun."

  "I'll take that as a compliment."

  Krystal let out a chuckle. A warm one. Unlike those cold scoffs and smirks, or maybe those 'intelligent laugh' when she's in 'Soojung' character. Which was new to Sehun.

  Sehun cleared his throat, "You know, it looks like you still have goodness in yourself."

  Krystal looked like she was holding her laugh. "You may be a great detective, Sehun. But sometimes you're just too naive."

 

  "I am?"

 

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

 

 

  It was the second meeting the Ten Team held. This time, they put the 'Fire Symbol' case into the list. They also combined forces with other best detectives, and Taecyeon as the representation of the Metropolitan team.

  "17 days ago, our team had found a an amount of cement in Kang Seulgi's skirt. Which led us to the murderer's identity. Kim Jongin, or so called 'Kai', is a 20 year old student. He kills in every two weeks. The victim's gender were also organized. First was female, and then male. As you can see on the screen these were the murderer's current victims: Choi Ah Reum, teacher of Baekguri Highschool. In Sa Baek, employee of JMK corp. Kang Seulgi, a student. And an exchange student from China, Luhan, who apparently just died three days ago." Minho spoke as he managed to the next slide.

  "As for the 'Symbol' murderer. The victims are: Byun Nayeon and Byun Jaehyun, Choi Jinri, Kim Jaejoon, and Lee Joongil. Upon these amount of victims, i would like to say this case as a serial murderer as well."

  "The interesting is, that the murderer always kills one two days before or after Lily's victims died. For examples, from the Symbol Case, Lee Joongil. He was died in December 1st, which was exactly two days after Luhan's death. Also Choi Jinri who died a day before Kang Seulgi's dead. From this fact, i assumed that these cases were not just different cases, but connected."

  Yeri leaned against the chair, "And by connected you mean-"

"Competition." Minho completed her sentence. "My assumption is they are competing against each other. Killing as many victims as they could for god-only-knows their actual purpose."

  One detective raised his hand. Minho let him ask his question.

  "Is there any pattern for the Symbol Case?" He asked.

  "Good question." Minho cleared his throat and fixed his coat, "This murderer is probably the most dangerous serial killer in our history. Because we can't predict his or her pattern. This murderer has annoyingly great stealth. He can kill anyone, including one of us. And he can kill anytime, without our notice."

  Minho cleared his throat as he ends his presentation. "I hope we have a good teamwork and catch these guys immediately, before they could cause more damage. Thank you for coming, and good luck."

  The meeting has dismissed. Minho, Yeri and Sehun were walking through the corridor. They were informed that Park Bom has turned conscious, so the three had planned to visit her.

 

 

  "Hey, i heard Jongin was your friend. Is it true?" Asked Minho.

"I'm afraid yes. And frankily, we were pretty close." Sehun sighed. "I'm shocked as well, hyung. I didn't know he's a psychotic killer."

"Tell me about it." Said Yeri. "But if you and Kai were at the same college, i thought it was easier for you to catch him?"

"Yeah, the thing is, Jongin never showed up since we got his identity. That brat is really good at hiding."

"Ah, i see." Yeri pressed her lips into a straight line, "Well, we got his identity and that's an important thing. We will get his into prison, i'm sure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Room 208, Ms. Park Bom

 

 

 

  Youngbae opened the door. "Oh, it's you guys. Come in."

  Sehun, Minho and Yeri stepped into the room. They were greeted by the scene of the lieutenant, who's sitting on the hospital bed. The three bowed deeply.

"We're so glad you've turned conscious, Lieutenant Park." Said Yeri.

  The lieutenant smiled, "I'm glad myself too."

  Youngbae offered the three a seat, before leaving the room to buy them some drinks. It took only a few minutes until he gets back with four cans of drinks.

  "So, i've heard about these two cases." Said Bom, straightly to the point. "How's the progress?"

"Well, we have found the murderer's identity for the Lily case. And as for the symbol case, it turns out to be a serial murder. More victims had been killed the same way as the twins. Unfortunately, we haven't find anything about the murderer." Minho explained.

  "Which is why we came here." Sehun added, "Lieutenant, so far you're the only one person who witness the symbol murder. It would be very helpful for us if you tell us every single detail about what happened that night. We hope you remember."

  Bom's face darkened, she looked down to her wound, caressing it. She heaved a long sigh, "It was a horrible experience, to be honest. Having the same dream of me being shot over and over for the whole month. How she pointed the gun at me and smirked coldly before pulling the trigger."

"So, you've seen the murderer?" Asked Minho. Bom gave him a nod.

"Do you remember how she looked?" This time, it was Yeri's turn to ask.

  The lieutenant pulled a drawer next to her bed, and took out a piece of paper. "Once i fully woke up, i waste no time to sketch her face before the memory turns vague." She handed the paper to Yeri. The three took a look of the sketch. Sehun was the only one who got shocked he almost got choked by his soda.

  Youngbae patted Sehun's back as the younger detective coughed rapidly. "Are you okay, Sehun?"

"Yes, i'm okay." Said Sehun between his cough.

  Minho and Yeri have different reaction, their eyes were full of excitement. "This is great! Now we can find her easily!" Minho exclaimed.

  "Lieutenant, do you mind if we spread this to the whole town?" Asked Yeri.

  The lieutenant chuckled, "We should spread this to the whole town, Yeri-ssi. But don't make it too public. We can't let her notices and took a chance to escape, aren't we?"

  "Yes, Ma'am." The three said in unison.

  "Thank you so much, Lieutenant Bom. Your sketch is very helpful for our investigation." Yeri bowed at her as the others followed. "As for now, we will take our leave. Please take care."

  "Of course, and good luck."

 

  Sehun followed his teammates exiting the room. He kept looking at Krystal's potrait in his hand.

 

 

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

 

 

  The next morning, the whole TEN team had separated to different areas. Each of them holding a potrait of the Symbol Murderer, they went to restaurants, shops, schools and any other places to ask everybody if one of them recognize that face.

  Sehun got the job to check the area around his college. Which was actually good because there's a chance he would find Soojung in there. But somehow, he refused to step into the college. In fact, all he'd been doing was just wandering around the streets. He didn't visit places, he only asked a few people on the streets. Thought he knew it wasn't enough.

  Part of his heart felt guilty. Krystal saved him once from getting killed by a psycho, which proven him she still has her good side, even though a little. Now he gotta spread her potrait to the whole town, telling people that she's a murderer. Sehun doesn't know why, but somehow it sounds wrong. This is how he owed her?

  But nevertheless, Sehun is a detective, afterall. His job is catching bad guys, he reminds himself. Sehun knew he must do it if he don't want to lose it.

  He looked around, seeking for a place to start with. And he'd found a perfect place.

 

  Sehun stepped in, looking around the Blue Petals Café. It's strange that the place was quieter. At this hour, it used to be crowded. He chose his usual seat, and waited for a moment. Minseok came in with a cup of hazelnut latte.

  "Sup man. It's been awhile." He grinned, showing off his gummy smile as he placed the latte to Sehun's table.

  "Hey, hyung." Sehun replied his smile, "Something's different here. Don't you think?"

  "Yeah, i know." The older guy exhaled. He took a seat across Sehun and rested his elbows against the table, looking at the table gloomily. "Eversince the murder thingy happened in your college, the customers were decreasing a lot."

  "I see." Sehun took some sips of his coffee. "Hyung, can we talk for a minute?"

  Minseok pressed his lips into a straight line, "Well," he looked to the stan, and the employees room, then back to Sehun. "I can't see why not."

   "My team is searching for someone." Sehun took out the potrait and showed it to Minseok, "Have you seen this person in the café?"

   Minseok frowned, observing the potrait carefully. His face turned pale in all sudden.

  "N-no. I never see her." He said immediately, giving the potrait back to Sehun. The younger man arched his eyebrows, he heard Minseok stuttering.

  "Oh, someone's ordering. I better go now-" Minseok stood up but Sehun hold his hand, "Hyung."

 

  Minseok looked terrified, but he didn't struggle. Sehun looked at him cautiously, "You know her, don't you?"

  "I already said no."

  "And i know you're lying, hyung. Now tell me everything about this girl."

  Minseok heaved a long sigh, he looked at Sehun. His eyes shows confused whether should he tell him or not. Taking five seconds to think, he sighed once again. "Can you please wait until there are no more customers?"

 

 

 


 

 

A/N

HELLO FOLKS!! it's been awhile~ hey, have you guys watched the Scorch Trials? i think i fell in love with Minho aka Lee Kihong, he's just so freakin hawt! loll

anyway, how's the update, guys? it'll be awesome if you guys tell me your thoughts about it! kekekeke~ thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next chap!! :)