This Won't Change. Ever.

Take A Turn For The Better

 

“You’re…proposing??” asked Yena in disbelief.

“Yes.” Said Taehyung with a sheepish look.

“To me?”

“Yes…? What do you say?”

Yena felt her eyes tearing up and she laughed them off. “Yes…Yes!” She wiped the corners of her eyes and smiled. “Yes, Kim Taehyung. I will marry you. That is, this is not a prank right?”

Taehyung held out his hand and helped her get down. “This is not a prank. I already asked Yoongi hyung’s permission.”

“But…I never imagined you’d…this is crazy!”

“You said it yourself – I’m unpredictable.”

“Really unpredictable! I don’t believe this. I never imagined you’d actual ask me to marry you.”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“Look at me. I’m just ordinary and you’re…”

“Yena, how many times have I told you that you’re amazing? You’re beautiful inside and out, and I’m in love with you. I’m so in love with you that I want to make sure I have you for the rest of my life. Got it?”

Yena nodded, wiping away more tears which just wouldn’t stop. “Got it.”

Taehyung took her hand in his and put the ring on her finger. She looked at the ring, still finding it unbelievable.

“It’s not a dream right?” asked Yena.

Taehyung pinched her cheeks. “No, it isn’t. You’re stuck with me forever.”

“That makes it sound even more like a dream.” Yena chuckled. “It’s so sudden!”

“I didn’t want to wait for a long time. All I want, no matter what tomorrow brings, is for you to me next to me and me to be next to you.”

“Awoo cheesy Taetae.”

“That’s me.” Said Taehyung with a wink and picked her up.

“Put me down!” shouted Yena with a laugh as he spun her around.

“I can’t! I’m too happy.” He shouted.

The people around were looking at them with smiles. Some of them even congratulated them. They walked back together, the horse following Taehyung’s pull.

“Congratulations.” Said the instructor.

“Thank you~” Yena almost squealed with happiness. She was someone’s wife-to-be and that someone was one of the people she loved the most in her life. He was a gem more precious than the ones in her ring.

“How much did the ring cost you anyway?” asked Yena.

“Nothing you need to worry about.” Said Taehyung and then added, “You’re worth it.”

“Uff~ I should just permanently put a blush on my face if you keep saying things like this all the time.”

Taehyung stuck his tongue out and said, “But most of the time, I’ll be teasing you.”

“Mean.” Huffed Yena.

“ert.”

“Me? A ert?”

“Remember? ‘V’?”

“Here we go again.” Yena said, scrunching her nose.

“When we get married, you can look at me all you want…” He bent closer to her and whispered, “.”

“Taaeehyuunnng!” Yena playfully hit his arm. Her ears were turning red.

“It’s no lie!” His lips curved into his childish smile. “You’re eyes keep going in the wrong direction.”

“You are the one who went through my under wear drawer. You’re the ert.”

“Hey, at least now I buy you a gift for our honey moon.”

“I’ll buy you a gift for our honey moon too.”

“Really? What is it?” asked Taehyung.

“Tape. I’ll tie you up so you can’t move. That’s your punishment.”

“Ohh~ So you’re the type who likes to be the dominant one.”

“You little devil!” Yena reached out to catch him but he was already running.

“Yena wants to tie me to the bed!!! Help! Hyung!!!” screamed Taehyung as he looked behind him. He suddenly stopped when he saw that Yena had stopped too.

“Hyung is here.” Said a voice, walking towards Taehyung. “Yena wants to what?” asked Jin.

Taehyung turned slowly to see Jin and Yoongi walking towards them.

“What are you both doing here?” asked Taehyung in surprise.

Jin shook the camera in his hand. “Pictures. We had to take pictures of the life changing moment. You both looked adorable!”

“You were stalking us?” asked Yena, as she walked over to them.

“If you want to put it that way.” Yoongi said, rolling in his eyes. “We just prefer to call it ‘Being The Family Photographers’.”

“So what’s this about you wanting to tie him to the bed?” Asked Jin.

“Nothing.” Said Taehyung and Yena together.

“Are you both goofing around again?” asked Yoongi.

“He started it!” “She started it” They said in unison again.

Jin shook his head. “You both are so perfect for each other. Childish in every away.”

“I’m not childish. He’s teasing me!” said Yena.

“Am not! Who calls me ‘V’?” said Taehyung.

“V?” asked Yoongi.

“She-“Before Taehyung could say it, Yena covered his mouth with her hand not so gently.

“It’s nothing.” Yena said quickly.

“Anyway.” Said Jin giving them a suspicious look, “We’ve got photos! This is going into the new family album.”

“You sound like an excited mother whose daughter is getting married.” Said Yena.

Yoongi laughed. “I told you that you are the wife type!”

“Am not!” said Jin. “Just for that, you are not going to watch the basketball game tonight. I’LL be watching anime.”

“Hey! It’s my tradition to watch basketball games after work every day.”

“You didn’t go to work today, now did you?”

“But-“

“You both!” said Taehyung. “Why don’t you go along on your little date while we go on our?”

“I refuse to call this a ‘date’.” Cringed Yoongi.

“Stop messing with us, kid.” Said Jin. “Now get along!”

Taehyung and Yena giggled at their siblings. They were both unique indeed.

“I can’t believe they were stalking us.” Said Taehyung. “This calls for revenge.”

“We were lucky enough that Jin oppa didn’t take revenge for the Mario prank and now you want to provoke him?” asked Yena.

“It’s what I do~” said Taehyung. “Don’t I provoke you?”

“No comments.”

Taehyung just laughed. He loved teasing his girl. He liked every little expression of hers which seemed to unfold little parts of her which normally people wouldn’t notice.

“Want some juice?” asked Taehyung. “There’s a fresh juice stall there.”

“Okay! It’s starting to get a little hot.”

“That’s just me.” Said Taehyung, innocently looking at the sky and smiling playfully.

“Pfft. As if.”

“You’ll agree soon.”

“You just can’t stop, can you?” She pinched his ear, standing on her toes. “I just ought to pull your ears off.”

“Could you do it with your lips? I’d like that bite again.”

“Why do I even bother?”Sighed Yena but then ended up giggling. Every second with him only made her want more.

They shared a big glass of fresh watermelon juice.

“It’s more romantic this way!” said Yena.

“You’ve been watching too many dramas.” Said Taehyung and quickly added. “Race you!”

Before it hit Yena what he had meant, the juice in the glass was quickly being drained into Taehyung’s tummy.

“Ha! Delicious.” Said Taehyung, rubbing his tummy.

“You finished the whole thing? Just you wait. You’ll pay for this.”

“I am paying for this.” He got up to pay the shopkeeper, as if to prove his point.

“This kid.”

“Oho~ Now you’re copying me!”

“Am not. You are a kid.”

“You are a kid too.” He said then quickly pulled her up before she could react. “Don’t even try to deny it.”

As they started to walk again, Yena felt something move behind her. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw a camera disappear.

“Taetae, I think they’re still following us.” Said Yena.

“Seriously??” He whispered back to her.

“You still up for that prank?”

“Definitely. As a matter of fact, I know exactly what to do.”

Taehyung and Yena pretended not to notice them. They laughed and talked as they walked. Soon they came to a small stall in a corner. Taehyung quickly bought what he needed and they continued their walk again, a little bit faster now.

“See that hill with the bamboo walk way?” asked Taehyung.

“Uh-huh.” Yena shook her head.

“That’s our spot. It’s the perfect height. We just need them right under us.”

They ran halfway to the top of the walk way when they were sure they had lost Jin and Yoongi.

“Are you sure they’ll come?” asked Yena ducking behind the bamboo fence.

“Just wait.” Replied Taehyung.

After a few minutes of waiting, they heard their brother’s voices.

“Where did they go?” They heard Jin say.

“I told you not to follow them. You seriously are like a stalker mom.” Said Yoongi.

Taehyung peeked to look down. “Perfect.” Said Taehyung and opened the bottle of water he had bought at the stall. Yena did the same with the one he had given her. “Now!” He whispered.

Poor Jin and Yoongi never knew what hit them or who did.

“Ewww! I think it’s bird poop!” said Jin, flinging his hands around in disgust.

“Bird poop is not this watery…I think! There no birds of such a huge size here!” said Yoongi. “It’s water.”

“WHO DID THAT?” Yelled Jin, looking up but saw no one.

By then, Taehyung and Yena had run down the walk way quietly.

“Was that a little too mean?” asked Yena.

“Not at all!” Taehyung looked back to get a glance of Jin who was pulling away the shirt from his body which was sticking due to the water. “Take that for following us and for those rules!”

“There won’t be any rules now anyway. We’re engaged!”

“I know! I’m so excited.” Taehyung squeezed her hand and tangled his fingers with hers. He griped her hand tightly. This was the woman whom he was going to marry. The one who he wanted to be with no matter what and the one who he knew loved him the same way he loved her. “Here’s to the best wife in the world!”

“Here’s to the best husband in the universe!!! Yup, you’re an alien.” She giggled as the swung their hands.

“Blopbleepbluup.” Said Taehyung.

“Alien language? Which planet are you from, Sir Alien?”

“Planet I-Love-Yena-So-Much!”

Yena chuckled. “Nice name for a planet.”

“Thank you. I love my home country very much.”

They giggled and smiled as they walked around. They were just too happy and acted sillier than ever. All they knew was they were being themselves and they both loved that part of each other. Every time Taehyung looked to her, it was with a deep love. And every time Yena looked into his eyes, she could have sworn she got lost in another world. She felt like it was where she belonged and that it was him – he was the one. Many things had changed around here but there was nothing that could change her feelings.Nothing that could change that passion. Ever.